X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    My understanding that lies with the landlord's discretion. If the landlord doesn't agree with a tenet smoking weed they do have the right to evict. It is at that point the police do become involved - if the tenet refuses to leave.

When I was a landlord all I cared about was that you paid rent on time and didn't trash the place. If I got my rent and you took good care of the place, you could toke yourself to Pluto and I wouldn't care.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      The addiction seems to be dependent on the person. Some people might be addicted to nicotine like a heroin addict but some people aren't. Like I said, I have a cigar every blue moon. I'm fine with that. It's not like because I smoked a cigar that I have to run down to the gas station for a pack of Camels to feed my fix.

It's just fun to have a big obscene steak dinner old school with all the so called bad stuff, drink some scotch or rum and puff on the stogies.
      I agree, there's some variation per person on the addictiveness of nicotine.

From following posts at some of the e-cigarette sites I visit. Some folks can take up vaping and make the jump off of smoking almost immediately and others it takes months and for some they just can't make the switch.

Some of it could be the variance in gear and the quality of vapor production... others getting the right nicotine strength in their juice. Then some it seems there's clearly something in the complex chemical concoction of burning tobacco that their body continues to crave beyond nicotine and the physical hand to mouth actions.

There's some studies going on that are trying to isolate this and the tobacco-specific nitrosamines are a primary suspect. The thing that I find strange is that for all the studies and known health impacts of smoking tobacco over the last 60 years... the tobacco companies are still not required to disclose all of the chemical additives they use in processing tobacco to make cigarettes.

For an allegedly "regulated" product... why the hell aren't the ingredients in cigarettes well published and potentially restricted to just the natural tobacco to minimize health risks..? I know the answer is hidden in the money trail... but when does the world wise up..?
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

What about inhaling alcohol vapor while we're at it?

I'd rather stop drinking any alcohol than vaping it, personally - just the same with vaping instead of smoking tobacco.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

There was some silly product out for vaping alcohol or breathing the fumes... Didn't work so well. Plus you really don't want alcohol going directly into your blood stream... best to make it work to get you happy then feel like crap hours later!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            The addiction seems to be dependent on the person. Some people might be addicted to nicotine like a heroin addict but some people aren't. Like I said, I have a cigar every blue moon. I'm fine with that. It's not like because I smoked a cigar that I have to run down to the gas station for a pack of Camels to feed my fix.

It's just fun to have a big obscene steak dinner old school with all the so called bad stuff, drink some scotch or rum and puff on the stogies.
            I can't remember the technical terms but there was a doctor on the radio a while back saying that around a third of people are born without the nicotine addiction receptors in their brain. Those lucky people have no physical craving effects when they don't smoke so it's super easy for them to stop and start as they wish.

Makes sense to me as I've definitely met quite a few people like that over the years. They are a bit dangerous to the other 2/3rds who get trapped as they'll assume they can do the same thing.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              I agree, there's some variation per person on the addictiveness of nicotine.

From following posts at some of the e-cigarette sites I visit. Some folks can take up vaping and make the jump off of smoking almost immediately and others it takes months and for some they just can't make the switch.

Some of it could be the variance in gear and the quality of vapor production... others getting the right nicotine strength in their juice. Then some it seems there's clearly something in the complex chemical concoction of burning tobacco that their body continues to crave beyond nicotine and the physical hand to mouth actions.
              My friend making the switch said that you need to smoke differently (longer draws) and that different brands work differently.

Apparently there is a lot of info online at forums - smokersarmy or whatever.

I'm kind of glad I gave up before the vaping thing as I don't think I would have bothered stopping, I would have just switched.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Mr brother and sister in law quit smoking using a combination of vaping and patches. It will be 5 years this New Years they've been tobacco free.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Just found out they now allow nicotine in canuck vapes...I'll be pursuing this for sure...
                  "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Also the act of smoking is addicting. Some people love the feel of the cigarette in their fingers. I guess it's like how some people are addicted to cracking their knuckles or picking their nose. LOL!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Vaping is more like pipe smoking than cigarette smoking. I need to get one of those corn cob vape pipes and dress like General McArther for Halloween. I got the Ray Ban shades I just need a general's uniform.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Angel
                        Just found out they now allow nicotine in canuck vapes...I'll be pursuing this for sure...
                        I honestly had no idea you could get them without nicotine...

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          I don't know when they ok'd it. They have varying strengths. I guess 0 is for those who have kicked the nicotine, just can't get past the habit.
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The pre-filled disposables made by big tobacco companies you can't get 0 nicotine.

But the refillable tank units... you purchase your own e-juice and vendors sell juice in hundreds of flavors with nicotine levels per milliliter (ml) in strengths of 0, 4, 6, 12, 16, 18, 24 & 36.

There's also a booming DIY market where you can buy unflavored nicotine, vegetable glycerin (VG), Propylene Glycol (PG) and flavoring and make your own flavors and nicotine strength...

If you are going 0 nicotine... you can purchase Glycerin at a drug store and artificial flavoring at a baking supply store and make your own juice.

Angel there's a ton of vapers in Canada that are able to get juice with or without nicotine... Here's a great resource if you are interested... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Actually the vaping concept was invented by a guy in China who was trying to quit smoking. He came up with the idea of heating water into steam in a device that replicated a cigarette and smoking. When you drag on the vape device, the vacuum closes a switch which sends electrical current to a resistor heating element which boils water based liquid into steam and makes the vapor. You can add whatever you want into the vape juice or just have plain water in it.

The theory is you would make the vape juice close to the nicotine level of a regular cigarette and then slowly lower the nicotine content until the vape juice was nicotine free but you still could smoke something. Part of the addiction is having a cigarette in your hand and dragging on it and with a vape device that's all covered.

In fact, it's started a new addiction of buying various vape devices, juices, batteries and charging devices. LOL!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                                The pre-filled disposables made by big tobacco companies you can't get 0 nicotine.

But the refillable tank units... you purchase your own e-juice and vendors sell juice in hundreds of flavors with nicotine levels per milliliter (ml) in strengths of 0, 4, 6, 12, 16, 18, 24 & 36.

There's also a booming DIY market where you can buy unflavored nicotine, vegetable glycerin (VG), Propylene Glycol (PG) and flavoring and make your own flavors and nicotine strength...

If you are going 0 nicotine... you can purchase Glycerin at a drug store and artificial flavoring at a baking supply store and make your own juice.

Angel there's a ton of vapers in Canada that are able to get juice with or without nicotine... Here's a great resource if you are interested... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/
                                Someone said this juice was worth trying.

Our next door neighbor when I was kid smoked a pipe. He smoked this cherry blend tobacco and you could tell when he was outside because you could smell the cherry tobacco. It was the most awesome smell. This was the type of dude that had the totally manicured yard. Played golf religiously and drove a cool black Thunderbird covertible that was always shined up and polished and looked like it had been detailed. If the guy pulled it out of the garage, the inside of the garage was pristine with all the tools hanging neatly on custom organized pegs. Not a weed to be found in his perfect flower beds.

It was like the dude lived in a perfect world. He must have had gnomes doing his gardening and washing and cleaning his car. Everyone at one time or another has a messy garage. Not this guy. Not even an oil spot on the garage floor.

These are the aliens amongst us. The perfect people. You really do wonder where they come from.
                                Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-18-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...