Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    09-12-2020 @ 06:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    There's another word for vaping, it's "douchebaggery"...
    I vape all day and I sure as shit don't do it to impress people. I'm not sure why you'd be offended by something that doesn't smell.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    Majority of people who vape are doing it to quit smoking tobacco and engage in nicotine consumption with significantly reduced harm to their bodies.

Nick engages in name calling to impress people... sadly after a decade of doing so here he still hasn't achieved his goal. But he keeps trying...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Angel (09-24-2014)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ODShowtime View Post
    I vape all day and I sure as shit don't do it to impress people. I'm not sure why you'd be offended by something that doesn't smell.
    I'm not offended by it but I think the manufacturers would do better to advertise them as a way to help people quit smoking instead of trying convince people think they'd look cool by vaping.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

My first reaction to seeing somebody vaping (I think this was 2013)... that dude is smoking weed and getting high. I guess it's not that simple, maybe it is. I hear a lot of news stories lately about people using butane to extract THC from marijuana and causing explosions. I suspect the end product if not burned off in an explosion could be used in the vaporizers. That's some desperate stupidity.
    Last edited by Mushroom; 09-25-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    My first reaction to seeing somebody vaping (I think this was 2013)... that dude is smoking weed and getting high. I guess it's not that simple, maybe it is. I hear a lot of news stories lately about people using butane to extract THC from marijuana and causing explosions. I suspect the end product if not burned off in an explosion could be used in the vaporizers. That's some desperate stupidity.
    I also have an oil pen and that thing fuckin' kicks ass! It's IS totally cool! I get the commercial Co2 oil carts. It is the future and it is amazing and I love it so much. And I'm very jealous of certain people in certain states that can waltz into a store and buy them for half of what I pay.

Only problem is they malfunction. Soundgarden is just starting and Searching with My Good Eye is kicking in and I'm sucking on this full cart of durban poison and all of a sudden it craps out and I'm left not-high and dry for the whole concert. I blew out the god-damn heating element! Never again! Military style redundancy from now on.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I'm not offended by it but I think the manufacturers would do better to advertise them as a way to help people quit smoking instead of trying convince people think they'd look cool by vaping.
    In the US... FDA regulations prohibit making any sort of health claims in advertising unless it's an approved medical device or drug.

Back in 2009... because of health claims for quitting smoking and other health advantages being claimed by mostly Chinese manufacturers the FDA was able to shut down imports of e-cigarettes as unauthorized medical devices and authorized US Customs to seize all incoming product. This briefly shutdown and crippled the industry but 2 manufacturers sued and won in federal court.

The downside to that is the Appellate Court ruling is the federal judge allowed e-cigarettes to be classified as tobacco products. This opened the door for the FDA to include them in the recently proposed deeming regulations under the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act of 2009 (FSPTCA).

The public and industry comment period recently closed and we're now waiting to see what the FDA's final version of the deeming regulations end up being. If the regulations are enacted as proposed it would eliminate the entire industry in the US with exception of the crappy cig-a-likes made by the big tobacco companies. Any products not on the market before 2007 would be prohibited and subject to FDA approval. Only Big Tobacco can afford the millions in fees and studies required to gain approval...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ODShowtime View Post
    I also have an oil pen and that thing fuckin' kicks ass! It's IS totally cool! I get the commercial Co2 oil carts. It is the future and it is amazing and I love it so much. And I'm very jealous of certain people in certain states that can waltz into a store and buy them for half of what I pay.

Only problem is they malfunction. Soundgarden is just starting and Searching with My Good Eye is kicking in and I'm sucking on this full cart of durban poison and all of a sudden it craps out and I'm left not-high and dry for the whole concert. I blew out the god-damn heating element! Never again! Military style redundancy from now on.
    I doubt I would like smoking oil, wax or dabs. Some of the pot they have now is too much for me. I've been smoking for about 40 years and it's only been in the last couple that smoking strong pot gives me a buzz I don't care for. It's not that it gets me too stoned, it makes me have mild to medium panic attacks. I have a pretty good stash of bud from a plant I harvested that didn't quite make it to full maturity. It gets me plenty high without giving me a head trip. I have another plant of "Northern Lights" that's almost ready to harvest but I can already see I won't be able to smoke much of it. Even the leaves are covered with chrystals. I'll just sell some and buy some more trimmings from the pot store when I run out. The plant I already yanked had seeds so I'll have plenty for spring unless I get a wild hair and start growing a couple plants indoors. I've been studying up on growing technics and cloning so my next crop should be a lot better than this years was.

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    The public and industry comment period recently closed and we're now waiting to see what the FDA's final version of the deeming regulations end up being. If the regulations are enacted as proposed it would eliminate the entire industry in the US with exception of the crappy cig-a-likes made by the big tobacco companies. Any products not on the market before 2007 would be prohibited and subject to FDA approval. Only Big Tobacco can afford the millions in fees and studies required to gain approval...

This is terrible news but of course I'm not surprised.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Interesting article and rough estimates of the cost reduction of potential health risks...

September 25, 2014 4:44PM
    FDA Doesn’t Want E-Cigs Marketed as Safer Than Tobacco Cigarettes
    By Matthew Feeney

In a forthcoming article in Regulation California Polytechnic State University economics professor Michael Marlow describes the negative effects on public health of the proposed regulation of e-cigarettes. The FDA proposes to expand its authority granted under of Section 911 of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. “Section 911 bans marketing tobacco products as modified risk products without FDA approval. Moreover, manufacturers are unable to inform consumers their products do not contain tobacco.”

The prohibition on marketing e-cigarettes as safer than traditional cigarettes has not been subject to cost-benefit analysis. This is particularly significant given that the literature on e-cigarettes suggests that they help smokers quit. Even the JAMA Patient Page, published by The American Medical Association last January, highlighted a number of potential e-cigarette benefits such as their lack of tobacco and the less toxic nature of e-cigarette vapor compared to cigarette second-hand smoke.

In his back-of-the envelope calculation using quit rates from the published literature, Marlow estimates that the benefits related to e-cigarettes would be between $15.6 and $49.2 billion a year as the result of between 2.4 and 6.4 million smokers becoming former smokers every year. “Prohibiting sales to youth and requiring a clear description of product ingredients may be appropriate. But prohibiting any information regarding potential efficacy in harm reduction is hard to justify given substantial benefits reported in currently available studies.”
    http://www.cato.org/blog/fda-doesnt-...cco-cigarettes

Thread Information