Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we seriously never getting a 2008 DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we seriously never getting a 2008 DVD?

They filmed shows, so what the fuck? Dallas 2008 would be the perfect release. Don't they want money?

Nope. Next question.

Comment

Exactly. Close thread.
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondjimi View Post
        Exactly. Close thread.
        The san diego 2007 show was tremendous. Not nearly enough footage on youtube. Cellphones have advanced so much in 7 years. Personally i would love a high quality 1984 show.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

He'll, any fuckin CVH era concert release would be good.

They don't release fuck all from "the vault". By the time they finally do, no ones gonna give a shit..
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

My grandchildren may get to enjoy material from the VH vaults... Although I'm not too overly hopeful.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

I recently released a 2-cam blu-ray of the opening night of the tour that I synched with Steecoe's audio (probably the best audio recording of the entire tour). I also did a 2xDVD5 standard definition version.

Van Halen
              Charlotte Bobcats Arena
              Charlotte, North Carolina
              September 27, 2007

video right side: (CBG) Sony HDR-HC1 HD camcorder; NTSC, 16:9 PAR, 29.97 fps; 1440x1080 HD master tape

video left rear: (Silver Stallion) Sony HDR-HC1 HD camcorder; NTSC, 16:9 PAR, 29.97 fps; 1440x1080 HD master tape

video transferred to harddrive via a firewire using a Sony HDR-HC1 HD camcorder; video capture, editing, and 2-pass VBR blu-ray HD 1080x1440 encoding done with Sony Vegas Pro 12 at 40K max, 21K avg, 10K min; authored to blu-ray in Sony DVD Architect Pro 6.

audio: (Steecoe) Coresound binaural mics > Sony TCD-D7 DAT; LPCM 1536 bit (unaltered for this project)

All video editing, audio synching and DVD authoring by Silver Stallion (AKA guitard)

1. You Really Got Me
              2. I'm The One
              3. Runnin' With The Devil
              4. Romeo Delight
              5. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
              6. Beautiful Girls
              7. Dance The Night Away
              8. Atomic Punk
              9. Everybody Wants Some
              10. So This Is Love?
              11. Mean Street
              12. Pretty Woman
              13. Al's drum solo
              14. Unchained
              15. I'll Wait
              16. And The Cradle Will Rock
              17. Hot For Teacher
              18. Little Dreamer
              19. Little Guitars
              20. Jamie's Cryin'
              21. Ice Cream Man
              22. Panama
              23. Ed's guitar solo
              24. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
              25. 1984
              26. Jump

Comment

Originally posted by guitard View Post
                I recently released a 2-cam blu-ray of the opening night of the tour that I synched with Steecoe's audio (probably the best audio recording of the entire tour).
                And it's fucking great! I high recommend it...
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
                  My grandchildren may get to enjoy material from the VH vaults... Although I'm not too overly hopeful.
                  Let's hope Wolfie gets greedy and wants to cash in. Of course the younger generations are "Van Who?" The fan base are in their 50's and frankly many have lost interest. We live in a age of instant everything and short attention spans. A few weeks ago what was going on in the Ukraine was big news. Now that's almost forgotten because we have ISIS and we are bombing Syria. Give it another minute. ISIS will be forgotten and we will have another threat and someone to blame and bomb somewhere else. If the actual big new stories are that fickle then hell entertainment is even more so.

Nobody except people waxing in nostalgia even give a ratt's ass about Van Halen anymore. The new iPhone coming out generates more hysteria than a rock band does today.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
                    Let's hope Wolfie gets greedy and wants to cash in. Of course the younger generations are "Van Who?" The fan base are in their 50's and frankly many have lost interest. We live in a age of instant everything and short attention spans. A few weeks ago what was going on in the Ukraine was big news. Now that's almost forgotten because we have ISIS and we are bombing Syria. Give it another minute. ISIS will be forgotten and we will have another threat and someone to blame and bomb somewhere else. If the actual big new stories are that fickle then hell entertainment is even more so.

Nobody except people waxing in nostalgia even give a ratt's ass about Van Halen anymore. The new iPhone coming out generates more hysteria than a rock band does today.
                    I'm 18. VH (especially CVH) = LIFE
                    SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

...but yes, my generation sucks ass
                      SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

Originally posted by Droomer5150 View Post
                        Right on, kid. Keep the torch burning.
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Good to hear! When I was 18 I saw Van Halen two times on the 1984 Tour. It was my senior year and I partied like a crazy maniac. It's all a blur to me but from the photos of that year, I think I had a good time.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

...but yes, my generation sucks ass
                            I gotta lotta great nieces and nephews in their late teens, early twenties and they dig rock and roll. Classic rock, metal and what I call Grunt Rock. The singer doesn't sing he grunts out the lyrics. I have a Judas Priest tribute cd by grunt rockers around here somewhere. I'm not into their foriegn car fetishs but otherwise they're all pretty cool kids.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
                              Good to hear! When I was 18 I saw Van Halen two times on the 1984 Tour. It was my senior year and I partied like a crazy maniac. It's all a blur to me but from the photos of that year, I think I had a good time.
                              I got out of the Navy in 84. 30 years ago last month. Partied my ass off for the next six years. Straightened up quite a bit when I turned 30 in 1990. Life ain't what it used to be but it's still better than the alternative.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...
                              X