Quarterflash
    Chilliwack

Um, who?

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
      Ac/Dc without Malcolm seems about as pointless as the Stones without Keef. Especially since their roles in the bands are pretty much the same.
      I hate to sound like you but AC/DC without Bon Scott was pointless as anything more than a cover band anyway. I thought they were pretty decent with Brian at first but then I started noticing every song sounded about the same as the others from Back In Black on.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Kristy
        Um, who?
        T'was my point to burry Hags beneath some '80s schlock.

Has anyone seen that post at the VHND about the anniversary of the VH parachute-in show at Anaheim? Hagar was ahead of them on that bill. Priceless how dismissive critics were of his blasé nothingness music and show.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by binnie
          The thing about AC/DC is that I won't look forward to this and I know I won't particularly enjoy it, but I'll still buy it nonetheless....
          You must not have kids yet, am I right?

I'm lucky if I can pick up something I want these days, much less, something I know I might not like.

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            Hmmm. The one I'm thinking of had Gone in the chorus, but that wasn't it.
            My Girl (gone gone gone).

"Gone gone gone she's been gone so long she's been gone gone gone gone so long". Repeat...

Originally posted by FORD
            Chilliwack were a Canadian band from the early 80s. Named after their home town which is about a half hour east of Vancouver BC. Heard them a lot on CFOX FM, which I used to pick up easily on the radio back then, even though I'm 200 miles or so south of there.

Maybe early 80's for you...

I consider them a 70's band. Their debut album was in 1970. Lot of great childhood memories in those songs. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
            Last edited by Angel; 09-24-2014, 07:52 PM.
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              The bill could be:

Steve Perry
              Billy Squire
              Donnie Iris
              Saga
              Loverboy
              Quarterflash
              Chilliwack
              Sammy Haggar
              As long as Hagar opens, so we all can show up late.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Yeah, that was the plan.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

I had to back track quite aways to see how Chilliwack got into an AC/DC thread. I heard the first song (My Girl) before but I couldn't have named the band who played it. They have what I call the MTV sound. The songs sound ok if you're distracted by the videos but they don't cut it by themselves.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                    My Girl (gone gone gone).

"Gone gone gone she's been gone so long she's been gone gone gone gone so long". Repeat...

Maybe early 80's for you...

I consider them a 70's band. Their debut album was in 1970. Lot of great childhood memories in those songs. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
                    Really, they were around that long? Of course I didn't own an FM radio until about 1977 (just in time to discover punk rock, Van Halen and - in interest of the topic - Ac/Dc) so I wouldn't have heard anything they did before then anyway. And I don't think I had my Frankenstein antenna setup that picked up CFOX until a couple years after that. So for some reason, I always thought Chilliwack and Loverboy started out around the same time.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

I have learned something here today. 'Chilliwack' are probably the most retarded talentless band I never knew existed.

Black Ice is ok, not sure we needed part deux.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ashstralia
                        'Chilliwack' are probably the most retarded talentless band I never knew existed.
                        There's probably thousands of retarded talentless band you never knew existed. Have you ever heard of The GOAT? The Goat makes Chilliwack look like The Beatles.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

That's it then.

This is going to be their last tour.

I will have to see multiple shows.

Comment

• vaijuju
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2008

http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I had to back track quite aways to see how Chilliwack got into an AC/DC thread. I heard the first song (My Girl) before but I couldn't have named the band who played it. They have what I call the MTV sound. The songs sound ok if you're distracted by the videos but they don't cut it by themselves.
                              The MTV years were close to the end. I remember when those songs came out and wondering wtf...They were a 70's band... "Crazy Talk" and " Laying in the Arms of Mary" were staples at every high school dance...

"At their best, Chilliwack was the finest Canadian rock band, outrocking BTO and outwriting Burton Cummings. But a lack of consistency kept it from international success."
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by vaijuju
                                The same old chords and slow boots'n pants'n boots'n pants drum beat just don't do it for me anymore. I like their more riff oriented tunes like "That's The Way I Wanna Rock 'N' Roll".

Comment

Working...