X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
    Flick of the Switch rocks, baby! Razor's Edge was good. Hell, Fly on the Wall was good.....It's hard to say they have BAD albums. Some are just better than the others.
    Ok, I'd totally agree with 'Flick Of The Switch' (in fact, I think I reviewed that). 'Razor's Edge' was patchy to these ears, though. The one I like the best, however, is 'Stiff Upper Lip'. I find myself listening to that more and more. I think I like it because it's genuine - it's not big rock, it's pure blues, and AC/DC clearly want to be a blues band.

None of those records is as good as the '70s stuff, though. That doesn't mean it's shit. It just means it's a step down.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
      AC/DC never would have made another Highway to Hell with Bon either.....can't be done. (It's my favorite album)
      I know a lot of people who agree with you, but 'Highway..' is my least favourite Bon record. I've always felt that Mutt streamlined them too much, and they lost some of the unpredictable raw power of 'Powerage' and 'Let There Be Rock' (my favourite - NOTHING sounds like that record, gutsy and thick).
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• CVH Rulz
        Head Fluffer
        • Jun 2005

AC/DC opened up the Grammy's in stellar fashion!
        Grammies? Grammys? Aww...who cares!
        Last edited by CVH Rulz; 02-08-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Carloscda
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by CVH Rulz
          AC/DC opened up the Grammy's in stellar fashion!
          Grammies? Grammys? Aww...who cares!
          Yea they should've done For those about to Rock as their last song!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

A band that actually plays instruments was on the Grammys?

Figures it would be the one year I didn't even bother watching (because of all the autotuned untalented corporate bubblegum shit they usually have on)
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oh shit... here we go. The DEVIL made them do it!

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...