Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

As much as I like Led Zeppelin, I didn't really become a fan until I was like 30, because they were so MOTHERFUCKING OVERPLAYED!! The local stations here like 97 Rock were nothing but Led Zeppelin tribute stations growing up, so it wasn't until later that I realized these guys could bring it live, no matter how stoned or drunk they were and pulled the plug at the right time. But goddamn was it a Led Zeppelin song every hour on the hour when I was in school. Even the shit closed-circuit feed "news" thing they did at the beginning of Homeroom had the Immigrant Song as it's lead everyday for like three years...

"Hammer of the gods", right into my fucking skull indeed...

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      As much as I like Led Zeppelin, I didn't really become a fan until I was like 30, because they were so MOTHERFUCKING OVERPLAYED!!
      I got into Zep before that but I will agree they were overplayed after Bonham died. Some of the stations that have Get The Led out and such keep the Led out a bit too long IMO.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by binnie
        I dunno, there's some great guitar work on 'Strays' (2003). Patchy record, but when it's good it's really good.
        The song "Strays" came up in my Pandora this AM. Great tune. I may just have to give that CD another shot. I just remember it not having the magic of old.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

Brian Ferry: what a boring cunt. What a fucking pompous poseur. Bathtub singer, at best.

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2010

Over-rated and over-played : BOSTON . Dare I say more ?
            I completely hate this scam of a " band " The mere mention of their name or existence turns my stomach . It hurt my fingers just to lower myself to type their name . I truly can't tell where one Boston song ends and where another begins . It all sounds like one continuous tedious song . They put out what , maybe 4 to 5 albums in nearly 40 years of existence ? Anymore , whenever I hear them on the radio I just can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of their over saturation on the airwaves . Classic rock stations just can't live without this band , I truly think they would go into convulsions if they didn't play them at least once every two hours .

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Actually any band named after a US city...

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Boston's first three albums were good. The 4th one (without Brad Delp) was awful, and the 5th one (with several singers) was spotty. Guess which songs were the best? The ones with Brad Delp on them. Anything they have attempted since his relocation to Hell has been complete dragonshit.

Same with Chicago.... brilliant band in their original configuration. There was a power trio in there every bit as good as Cream or the Jimi Hendrix Experience, they just happened to have a horn section too. Then Terry Kath died and everything worthwhile about the band died with him. And by now, I think the horn players are the only original members left. The horns on my head make better music than anything they did after 1978.

The New York Dolls were sort of named after a city.... and again... great original lineup. Fell apart when people started dying. Of course, in the case of Johnny Thunders he started dying early.... it just took him years to finish it.
                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
                  Over-rated and over-played : BOSTON . Dare I say more ?
                  Not as overrated and overplayed as U2 but they do fit the criteria.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

I guess you forgot about these guys.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Seriously though Pantera was originally Pantego, named after Pantego, Texas.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

This is the name of a U S city too. Nazareth , Pennsylvania. They definitley do not suck.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Odd that Pennsylvania would have both a Bethlehem and a Nazareth. Guess if I ever ran for President of the United States, I could put either one on My birth certificate?

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                            Odd that Pennsylvania would have both a Bethlehem and a Nazareth. Guess if I ever ran for President of the United States, I could put either one on My birth certificate?
                            I didn't read their bio before I made that last post. Nazareth was named after the Pennsylvania city. They took it from the first line of this song.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Or state. Like these fucking losers:

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Nov 2004

Nada Surf...

Should have just called themselves NADA.
                                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Working...