Thread: Kristy's Take On The NFL 2014 Season (Thus Far)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries

Kristy's Take On The NFL 2014 Season (Thus Far)

It's...boring.

Wigger ball

So as I type this the NFL is going into the 5th week of the most predictable and dismal season ever. Maybe I have ADD or that ADHD or can't watch the NFL in HD with DD or HD with DD+ or DD+ with the HD but minus the 4K. Here's why:

1. There are too many games on all fucking week. Football Night in America, Monday Night Football and that unwatchable "TNF" where Boomer Elieason gives the most annoying and uneventful "analysis" like he is at a second grade show and tell. The dude dishes out the most uneducated details by way of guesswork and spoon feeds them with his ego on the side. No doubt he is one of the worst but there are others, such as

Million dollar blow job smile

I wonder with all of his "knowledge" does he personally blow every player he claims to have interviewed? Collinsworth spews his shit then contradicts it and then contradicts what he just contradicted. His partner You Can Call Me Al Micheals is starting to look like a Botox queen while using verbose language to describe something so simple as a team getting a first down.

2. Failure to acknowledge domestic violence and rape for what it really is. This is so pandemic in the NFL and only when such violence is caught on tape do they ever address it. Sure, players can wear pink for that scam know as "Koman Awareness" or whatever the fuck it is but why not black for every women who has been killed. Need some stats, NFL?

Each minute - Twenty-four people are victims of intimate partner violence, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Each day - Three or more women are murdered by their boyfriends or husbands on average, according to the American Psychology Association.

Each month - The National Domestic Violence Hotline receives an average of 22,000 calls.

Each year - Over 12 million women and men are victims of intimate partner violence, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Did you get that? Three women per day die from domestic violence and while that is not a problem of the NFL per se. it is a problem of society. Yet the NFL has done little to reduce these numbers in the same way they claim bringing awareness to breast cancer has dropped those rates.

I'm not jumping on any feminist bandwagon here. My bitch is the NFL construes to objectify women by only what makes them look good. This should come as no surprise when one considers the millions the NFL has spent on shady lawyers to sidestep the issue of the aftermaths of concussions and brain injury which has been shown to lead to violence in men either personal or domestically. As for ex-NFL stars killing themselves due to the complications of brain injury? That's overlooked, too. Either raise some conscious on these issues or fuck off and die.

3. The fucking greed. In 2013, the NFL grossed over 25 BILLION in TV revenue, merchandise and ticket sales alone. Yet it wants more. Every owner in the NFL apart from the Packers who are publicly owned are rich, old white men with deep pockets and loads of clout. Not one of those cocksuckers gives a shit about the fans much less the players as long as both continue to feed those pockets. Jerry Jones is estimated to be worth more than 3 billion. Now, what are the chances he got that way by breaking the backs of the taxpayers in Texas to build that shitty stadium just like all NFL owners who have new stadiums? If that wasn't bad enough, mega monolithic corporations own those tax funded stadiums and only pay for the usage rights to broadcast their name(s) leaving the true fans fucked right in the ass. What a lovely scam. As for artist having to pay to play at the Superbowl? I rest my case.

Dirty white boys

4. The games themselves. From what I've seen in 2014 there are a few "elite teams" and a endless slew of really shitty ones. Again, no surprise they are dull. 42 to 10 games are now my Ambian only they put me to sleep faster. There is no longer any competition in the NFL. All of it stands on the heels of which teams has the most money and how they bullshit that money under caps and regulations to buy the best players to win games against teams with poorer owners.

Fuck you, NFL.
    Last edited by Kristy; 10-07-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

rthefish (10-08-2014)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    3. The fucking greed. In 2013, the NFL grossed over 25 BILLION in TV revenue, merchandise and ticket sales alone. Yet it wants more. Every owner in the NFL apart from the Packers who are publicly owned are rich, old white men with deep pockets and loads of clout. Not one of those cocksuckers gives a shit about the fans much less the players as long as both continue to feed those pockets.
    Pretty much why I don't watch it any more.

The endless analysis bores me. I've said it before...too many channels, not enough on-air talent, and not enough stories to go around.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Similar story with rugby league here. Endless stats and complex explanation of what is essentially a very simple game. Then the sports tab ads come on with markets for first score, point spread etc...

I just put the TV on with no sound and tune to the abc (gov: no ads) sport radio channel.
    My team, the South Sydney Rabbitohs, just won their first premiership in 43 years. So I'm a very happy camper.

If you're curious about the name, it comes from the practise of selling rabbits on the street during the early 20th century. Most people at the time were desperately poor, and rabbit was an affordable source of protein.
    So you bought your rabbit off the 'rabbitoh'.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 3,450 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Pretty much why I don't watch it any more.

The endless analysis bores me. I've said it before...too many channels, not enough on-air talent, and not enough stories to go around.
    The NFL having its own network is completely jerked off. They've mined ESPN-90's has beens and pretend to be objective. And NHL Network is one of the worst reporting-wise with a low budget ticker that is hours, often days behind any news. They do have some stunning eye-candy though. I avoid almost all NFL TV other than the actual games to be honest, I do listen to sports radio, but there is some modicum of "giving a fuck" there and actual criticism...

Thread Information