And your nominees for Rock Hall induction 2015 are...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TFM_Dale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
    Go to just about any "pub" in the northern UK and there is Smiths memorabilia adoring the walls from wall-to-wall. After a while you start to you're in a Twilight Zone Smiths yard sale.
    Must be all the tea they drink.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
      Besides, Kristy has moved on to Coldplay, her closet is overflowing with their douchey shirts
      Coldplay = librarians with guitars. Gotta love 'em! And how white they are.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

The Go Go's still not nominated??? Travesty!!
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          That would involve inducting about 25 people...
          Well, that's definitely what has kept them out for so long. The bands with ridiculous numbers of personnel changes always take longer to induct.

But there doesn't need to be any controversy about it. Look at the credits on the Machine Head album. That's who gets in.

Rod Evans might have been deserving for his early work, but he disqualified himself with that Faux Purple tour in 1980.

Coverdale? I hate the fucking cheeseball, but I'm sure some folks will insist on him. And Tommy Bolin wasn't even in the band very long, but the dead guys always get inducted, so he's probably a lock.

End of story. No Joe Lynn Hairplugs. No scabs who joined after the "Perfect Strangers" era reunion crashed and burned. And if they play live, it's the real lineup or nothing. Except for Jon Lord of course, who probably won't be able to make the gig.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            The Go Go's still not nominated??? Travesty!!
            I'd vote for them before I'd vote for a goddamned disco band.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

As for Sting.... he's already in as a member of the Police. I don't think any of his solo work was particularly "hall of fame" worthy.

Joan Jett definitely belongs there, but so do the rest of the Runaways. Before them, all girl groups did was sing. The Runaways proved that chicks could actually rock.

Chic? Yeah, I know they were great musicians, but disco still sucks, and it ain't rock n roll. Tony Thompson and Bernard Edwards are dead, so they won't give a shit either way, and Nile Rodgers can always be inducted as a producer or sideman or whatever. Not for being the band that wrote "Freak Out" or whatever the fuck that annoying disco shit song was called.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                As for Sting.... he's already in as a member of the Police. I don't think any of his solo work was particularly "hall of fame" worthy.
                Yeah. Sting did stretch it out a little, bringing in the more jazz guys on Blue Turtles, but it's not like that hadn't already been done. And then he went full blown "easy listening" later in the 90's...forget it. Anything past Ten Summoner's Tales brings the ZZZZZ's.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Not for being the band that wrote "Freak Out" or whatever the fuck that annoying disco shit song was called.
                  The song was initially called Fuck Off. I think they shoulda left it that way.

Ah, I like some disco. I woulda thought you'd like it too, since you post all those gay videos all the time.

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Awww..fuck off!

Rodgers told the whole story in his book. Kinda funny.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      Nine Inch Nails
                      Sting
                      Stevie Ray Vaughan
                      Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
                      Green Day
                      Paul Butterfield Blues Band
                      Chic
                      Kraftwerk
                      the Marvelettes
                      N.W.A.
                      Lou Reed
                      the Smiths
                      the Spinners
                      War
                      Bill Withers

As usual, nine or ten get inducted every year. My guess: SRV, NIN get picked. Sting will, but the Rock Hall will also cite his activist work with AI and the Rainforest thing. Let's face it, there isn't much influential about his solo stuff.

Or I could just say leave Green Day, the Smiths, and NWA off that above list. I would rather see the Cure get in before the Smiths.

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index...incart_m-rpt-1
                      If N.W.A. gets in before Cheap Trick it will be a prime example of how the world is motherfucking imploding.

The RRHOF can shove a spool of barbed- wire up their ass.

Fuck them!

Comment

• Edwards3rdWife
                        Groupie
                        • May 2013

I tried to read Belinda Carlisle's book but it was so boring I had to throw it back in the bin halfway thru. How that " band " made it I'm sure I don't know.
                        I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I have no faults - DLR

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

5 girls = lotta blowjobs for record label execs.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Particularly that album he did of "lute music."

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                              Particularly that album he did of "lute music."
                              LOL...I was talking to an older guy when I was in line for the Police reunion tix. He kept bringing up Sting's later solo stuff and even the lute disc. I'd bring up Police stuff and he'd switch topics pretty fast. I may have told him I didn't think he was going to like this reunion show, 'cause he wasn't going to hear any of that shit.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

I saw him twice here in Gnashville, both times at Starwood. Once with Annie Lennox opening. I agree he melted into easy-listening, but he is older now and more lame.

The most kickass jazz musicians on the planet won't be able to improve the lameness of a song if it is fucking lame.

I think the last CD of his I bought was Mercury Rising. That was when I realized he had jumped the shark and was going to be nice quiet, easy listening baby food for the 21st-century senior citizens who want to listen to something not threatening from the past 40 years.

Even though his guitarist Dominic Miller is a great guitarist, I always wanted to write a really heavy metal song with Sting just to see what would happen. We know he has the potential for greatness in the songwriting department.

I just always wanted to hear his music with a roaring Marshall behind him. Dominic's sound is this never-ending shimmery clean compressed sound with heavy signal processing.

It would be interesting to hear him sing over something with balls for a change. Loud, rude, raw guitars.

It will never happen. He has his landed estate in the UK, his hot wife, his millions, can literally do whatever he wants....

So he he writes more pop stuff, and sells a guaranteed amount of albums, and does his usual thing.

Yawn.

But it happens to most bands with long careers like that.
                                Last edited by Hardrock69; 10-09-2014, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...