X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Please dude. I went to business school. Worked in the finance industry for a number of years and started a successful business. I know markets. The central banking industry creates bubbles because it issues the money. Too much money creates bubbles. The stock market is a bubble because the Federal Reserve has been giving all the money they are issuing to the big investment banks and they are buying stocks.
    Did you start the business before or after being an Indian, and CIA Station, Chief? Um, you don't "know markets" outside of the conspiracy gibberish you read and post on the internetz. It's actually the Tri-lateral Commission at the behest of the Bilderbergers and Rothchilds that are giving all the money...

Record companies have no effect on the money supply.
    Sure they do, how many hookers and coke dealers have taken their money over the years?

They simply market recorded music. Since they have no control over the money supply they are a free market. Central banking is not a free market because the open market does not decide how much money is going to be produced. Only people who meet in closed meetings decide that. If the money was based on an openly traded commodity or basket of commodities then it would be a free market.

Big difference.
    Um, what? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

That's called paying your dues. Name one business where you start at the top. Most businesses fail. The music business is no different. Business is business. If you are one of the few who make it then like you said, you have more leverage. Welcome to planet earth.
      True to a point. Also called getting ripped off when you earn 12%

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Kristy, you are fooling yourself if you think that if the music wasn't all shitty (according to your wonderful standards), that people would be buying it instead of illegally downloading it.

Free will always trump everything for too many people. Whether you consider the music shitty or not.
        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Also why would anyone bother to download music that they thought was shitty?

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
            Kristy, you are fooling yourself if you think that if the music wasn't all shitty (according to your wonderful standards), that people would be buying it instead of illegally downloading it.
            Again, just like Nick, you miss the point you frozen hippie hillbilly. A CD should cost no than $8 - $10 max no matter who the artist is.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Also why would anyone bother to download music that they thought was shitty?
              Is that a swipe at the brilliant Katy Perry? Because if so, dat dem ure figtun wurds.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

That's Don's Rolex. I bought mine from an authorized Rolex dealer.
                Yeah, which happens to be at a Walmart.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Yeah, which happens to be at a Walmart.
                  I haven't set foot in a Walmart store for years. Nothing there I'm interested in or of supporting.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Right, you have a Rolex. Why just the other day the asshole-sucking mutant car fairy stopped by and left me with a brand new Maserati.

Just like that.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Actually I have two Rolex's.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Right, you have a Rolex. Why just the other day the asshole-sucking mutant car fairy stopped by and left me with a brand new Maserati.

Just like that.
                        Send him my way. I need a new Maserati too! I'm gonna drive it around the Walmart parking lot and taunt poor people!
                        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Actually I have two Rolex's.
                          I assumed you would have to give them back to Q at the end of the mission...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            I assumed you would have to give them back to Q at the end of the mission...
                            Nah, the CIA lets you keep your goodies. Besides, you'd be surprised how many weapons and ammo a Datejust can get you in the mountains of Afghanistan.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Why, it seems like only yesterday that Nitro and I were in Afghanistan, arming the Muj to fight the Soviets. Apparently a young Case Officer had angered the local warlord and village elder. Collins was his name. Anyway, it turned out that young Collins had become quite fond of one of the warlord's goats. Well, you know how these things happen - months in the mountains had simply taken a toll on the young lad. Unfortunately, Collins was discovered in a, shall we say, compromising position with the goat, whom he had named Matilda, while Nitro and I were acting as advisors to the Muj while they carried out a rather successful attack on a Soviet forward air base. The warlord killed young Collins, apparently in a fit of jealous rage.

When Nitro and I finally made it back to the village, we were shocked to learn of Collins' death, and to hear that the warlord expected payment for the damage caused to his prized goat. It seems that Matilda had fallen into a deep melancholy after the lad had been killed. Shocking, really. Anyway, as we had no money and not much else to bargain with, things looked grim for us. That is until Nitro offered his old and rather beaten Rolex 5512 to the warlord as payment for the depressed goat. Oddly enough, even though these people could neither read nor write, nor had any telly, they had somehow heard of Rolex.

Months later when we returned to the village, Nitro and I were surprised to learn that Matilda had died some time after our departure. It seems that her melancholy had become a crippling depression and she had thrown herself over a cliff. Tragic, really.
                              Last edited by DONNIEP; 10-20-2014, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                                Send him my way. I need a new Maserati too! I'm gonna drive it around the Walmart parking lot and taunt poor people!
                                Oh I will. Matter of fact, he blessed me. Nowadays I shit Rolex watches.

Comment

Working...