Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Mediocre Pathological Liar Hasbeen Predicts Bass Player Return

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sam...-in-van-halen/

Ex-VAN HAGAR singer Sammy Hagar was asked by VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner at this week's Classic Rock Roll Of Honour event in Hollywood if he knew anything about reports — which have since been debunked — that his former bandmates are currently mixing the follow-up to "A Different Kind Of Truth".

"I don't know what's going on," Hagar responded. "I couldn't even tell you. I could speculate all day long but I always get in trouble for doing that so I'd rather just say I would love to hear some new music from those guys, and I don't care if I'm in the band or not; that doesn't mean anything to me."

Hagar, whose current bar band, THE CIRCLE, also includes for VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony, drummer Jason Bonham and Vic Johnson, continued: "Right now, I'm really happy. I can play any song I want and I can sing it and I can rock it, and I've got musicians that can do it, and me and Mikey [Michael Anthony] are having the time of our life."

He added: "My guess is, if you want me to make one prediction, I think that Michael Anthony will be back in that band because they really need to do that. If they’re going to serve the fans and ever do what the fans really want right now, if it's going to be Dave [Lee Roth], then it's gotta be Mike. too. It's gotta be the original band, and that's the way it should be. Nothing against Wolfie [current VAN HALEN bassist Wolfgang Van Halen] — I love the guy; he was a sweet kid. [He] grew up. I saw him when he was born, for God's sake — but they need to do that and my prediction is they will."

In a February 2013 interview with Rolling Stone magazine, VAN HALEN singer David Lee Roth spoke about the touchy subject of Anthony potentially replacing current bassist — and Eddie Van Halen's son — Wolfgang Van Halen. He said: "Ed has his own vision, I'm assuming. We haven't really been able to speak about it and it's a disappointment, just as not having a chance for a reunion of the original band. Clearly, vocals are every bit as much a component of success as a rhythm section or a guitar solo… What we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever — that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in EARTH, WIND & FIRE, as identifiable as the high voice in the BEACH BOYS. VAN HALEN is an indelicate house blend of both — that's intentionally."

In October 2011, Bette Midler lookalike Sammy Hagar accused the band of using tapes of backing vocals originally done by Anthony on its 2007/2008 reunion tour, for which Anthony was replaced by Wolfgang. Hagar told Attention Deficit Delirium, "Those vocal harmonies on the last tour were Mike on tape. Mike should've reamed them for it. Wolfie don't sing like that, and Ed sure as hell don't. Go on the Internet and listen to Ed's voice live from the reunion with me. Hear him sing on 'When It's Love' and some of those songs. Ed can't sing, and his voice is shot if he can, from cigarettes and booze anyway."

Anthony and Hagar both last played with VAN HAGAR on a 2004 reunion tour that ended acrimoniously. Both maintain that Anthony was booted from VAN HALEN for maintaining a friendship and working relationship with Hagar.

Hagar told The Pulse Of Radio that he thinks VAN HALEN made a grave mistake leaving Anthony out of the reunion tour with Roth. "Anyone in their right mind would know if you're gonna get Roth back finally! after all these abortions they've had, you get Mikey and you do the reunion tour, what the world really was waiting for. Not just fuck it up again. It's almost like they don't care about their fans. They just want to badger them until — see how much they'll take."
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 11-07-2014 at 08:38 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (11-15-2014)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Sounds like Blabbermouth was having a slow news week and copied and pasted a bunch of shit from old articles together and called it a "new story". Even the quote from Bette sounds recycled, but then so does everything he says. Or sings, for that matter.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sam...-in-van-halen/

Hagar told The Pulse Of Radio that he thinks VAN HALEN made a grave mistake leaving Anthony out of the reunion tour with Roth. "Anyone in their right mind would know if you're gonna get Roth back finally! after all these abortions they've had, you get Mikey and you do the reunion tour, what the world really was waiting for. Not just fuck it up again.
    I have to say you have to give Hagar credit for finally admitting his time with the band was an 'abortion'.

5. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

BenJammin (11-16-2014)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Nothing worse than a woman scorned , bitter ex's Are the worst . You would think he needed van Halen to validate his whole existence

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Hagar, whose current gay bar band, THE CIRCLE JERK, also includes for VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony, drummer Jason Bonham and Vic Johnson, continued: "Right now, I'm really happy. I can play with my cock all I want and I can sing to it and I can rock it, and I've got musicians to jizz all over me and Mikey [Michael Anthony] are having the time of our life being fags."

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Even better, there was a Hagar interview from Rolling Stone that popped up on FB last week. I didn't bother posting it, but here's a couple select bits:

On that "Circle" project: "I want to put out a live album with the Circle. We're a brand-new band and our first record will be a greatest-hits record. Top that!" A greatest hits record...of someone else's hits? Pass.

On Chickenshit: "Joe [Satriani] is my favorite writer to work with since Eddie [Van Halen.] I'd rather write a record with him than anyone else, but I don't see any reason to make a new record. Going through the whole experience with a record label, and then going out and doing 150 interviews, a big tour and waking up at 4:00 a.m. to go on Howard Stern all to sell 35,000 CDs…It starts to feel like, "Hmmmm. Is this pay for play?" I mean, I love making music. But doing it on Chickenfoot's level means spending a half million on a record. We write and record for six months. It's a lot of work, and then to not sell many records. It's disappointing. I don't like being disappointed. I like winning."

A quick Van Halen blurb: "I mean, I've only been on the cover of Rolling Stone as a member of Van Halen." That oughta tell you something, Sam!

He goes on to give a "recommendation" to VH, and I'm thinking why would anyone listen to this clown, who spent a half million on a record to only see it sell 35k copies?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    What is this, the extra cheese forum ??

Nobody gives a shit what Sammy Hagar says...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Unfortunately these dipshit writers care, because they ask him VH questions.

For a guy who has his own shit to promote and is so happy and beyond being miserable he sure does talk about Ed and Al a lot.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Nothing worse than a woman scorned , bitter ex's Are the worst . You would think he needed van Halen to validate his whole existence
    From a singer perspective... that appears to be true for all 3 that have held the position.

Everything else pales in cuntparison... all roads circle back there... it's the only sustainable garbage wagon they can't hitch up to... yet it (the VH wagon) does virtually nothing and goes no where most of the time.

What a strange, yet powerful force...

Then here we are... little protons that get all excited and dance about every time the black hole farts...

Aren't the unexplainable, bizarre wonders of the universe interesting..?

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,435 Posts

I've been reading these Sammy interviews that have been circulating, and I have to say, as right as he sounds about the importance of an original line up reunion, I can't help but think he's actually, knowingly, hurting Mike's chance at a return. Think about it. He keeps Mike thoroughly involved in his projects and the brothers would never consider a suggestion from Sammy as a way to go.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Then here we are... little protons that get all excited and dance about every time the black hole farts...

Aren't the unexplainable, bizarre wonders of the universe interesting..?
    And the black hole didn't even fart. At this point, the rumor mill seems to kick in to gear completely unprompted. That is powerful stuff.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I hope that whatever new musical project he works on fails miserably.

Karma's a bitch.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

So funny, you'd think ol Slappy stole your bicycle or lunch money. And Karma don't seem to have any issues with Sam - the dude's a gazillionaire with a hot ass wife, mansions, cars, blah blah blah. So what he exaggerates? I'd run around telling everybody I was the best thing that ever happened to Van Halen, or planet Earth, for that matter.

I don't dig most of Sam's music, don't know jack shit about Montrose, don't care to hear his new coffee record, but if I had to choose between Ed and Sam - I'd rather hang out with Sam. All the guy does is party and have a good time - hang out, drink, tell lies. Or go sit in 5150 and listen to Ed bitch and complain how the world is out to get him while that Trannie he's married to is lifting weights in the driveway.

16. 3 users say thank you to DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Dave's Bitch (11-08-2014),Edwards3rdWife (11-11-2014),vandeleur (11-12-2014)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Jesus fuck Donnie, what's wrong with you? I can't imagine feeling like more of a douche in a dirty vagina than hanging out with Sam and his assorted cavalcade of bad-taste-clingers like Chad Kroger and other assorted penises. I'd poison myself with Cabo tequila...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think Ed is vastly more interesting in a sociopathic sense...

19. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (11-08-2014)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I think Ed is vastly more interesting in a sociopathic sense...
    This I agree with 100%

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jesus fuck Donnie, what's wrong with you? I can't imagine feeling like more of a douche in a dirty vagina than hanging out with Sam and his assorted cavalcade of bad-taste-clingers like Chad Kroger and other assorted penises. I'd poison myself with Cabo tequila...
    Simple - big party, expensive lavish party, free everything, a river of booze and I guarantee there would be plenty of misguided hot chicks. I'd show up for that free ride even if Ubama was hosting it. And you know how much I love Ubama, lol.

Come to think of it, Ubama might throw a better party than Sam. Plus if I could get him liquored up enough he might let me have a few armed drones for the weekend...just for some harmless fun...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The only chicks there are either paid to be, or are spouses. One in the same actually...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck Sammy Hagar and his Jimmy Buffet-lite act...

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    ...while that Trannie he's married to is lifting weights in the driveway.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck Sammy Hagar and his Jimmy Buffet-lite act...
    Speaking of Buffet, my best friend just caught his show a couple weeks back in Vegas. He's never been a fan - he is now, lol. Said it was a killer show.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    hang out, drink, tell lies. Or go sit in 5150 and listen to Ed bitch and complain how the world is out to get him while that Trannie he's married to is lifting weights in the driveway.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Come to think of it, Ubama might throw a better party than Sam. Plus if I could get him liquored up enough he might let me have a few armed drones for the weekend...just for some harmless fun...
    Naw. Ubama is lame just like Ed. They both married trannies and have the personality of wilted lettuce.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-03-2023 @ 07:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hasn't the much less than mediocre, no longer able to sing at all, resting on his laurels, adored by those who refuse to admit the truth, current " vocalist" /nancy boy, also been pining for Mike to return? Why, yes he has....but his reasons are for his own agenda which is to make up for the not very stellar performances which are his norm anymore. Dave knows its all about who he was, not who he is now. Open the vaults indeed!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

30. 4 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (11-08-2014),Edwards3rdWife (11-11-2014),VAiN (11-11-2014),vandeleur (11-12-2014)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

And back on topic. Return ? Return to do what ??

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-19-2021 @ 04:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Chedstradamus strikes again!

"Go on the Internet and listen to Ed's voice live from the reunion with me. Hear him sing on 'When It's Love' and some of those songs. Ed can't sing, and his voice is shot if he can, from cigarettes and booze anyway."

Yeah, 'cause back in '04 Ed was on top of his game and firing on all cylinders etc... Just like Hagar's career "prior to" and "after" his stint(s).

What a douche.

33. Thanked Coyote for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (11-11-2014)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    And back on topic. Return ? Return to do what ??
    If you are referring to Mike returning to VH... it would mean returning to sitting at home on his ass doing nothing... waiting for the bat phone to ring.

Why would Mike find any of that appealing? He's been there, done that... I don't think his wife would tolerate the hell of reliving 96-05...

Spotlight, asshole !
    Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    12-21-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Or go sit in 5150 and listen to Ed bitch and complain how the world is out to get him while that Trannie he's married to is lifting weights in the driveway.
    Oh. My. God. So damn funny !! "That's a man, baby !!"

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So funny, you'd think ol Slappy stole your bicycle or lunch money. And Karma don't seem to have any issues with Sam - the dude's a gazillionaire with a hot ass wife, mansions, cars, blah blah blah. So what he exaggerates? I'd run around telling everybody I was the best thing that ever happened to Van Halen, or planet Earth, for that matter.

I don't dig most of Sam's music, don't know jack shit about Montrose, don't care to hear his new coffee record, but if I had to choose between Ed and Sam - I'd rather hang out with Sam. All the guy does is party and have a good time - hang out, drink, tell lies. Or go sit in 5150 and listen to Ed bitch and complain how the world is out to get him while that Trannie he's married to is lifting weights in the driveway.
    I disagree with this on lots of levels but damn its funny

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    One of your (few) conquests I'm guessing. You like 'em dressed all sexy-like, don't cha?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You pondered for 3 days to come back with that brilliant witty response?

39. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

FORD (11-13-2014),VAiN (11-13-2014)

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    You pondered for 3 days to come back with that brilliant witty response?
    No, it took about 2 seconds. See, I don't log on to this place of worship daily, let alone multiple times daily. I just pop by see to who's turn it is to suggest a live BluRay concert disc with the USFest and hallowed Oakland show, even though Davey had to redo all his vocals. So more than lilely any record being released from the "the Vault" will contain the music from those actual concerts as well as "live in the studio" vocals. Not too bad considering what they have to work wth. I can't see why it wouldn't sell 3-4 million copies, easy?

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    Davey had to redo all his vocals.
    Don't you mean re do be do

42. 2 users say thank you to vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

mh5150 (11-13-2014),Von Halen (11-13-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    No, it took about 2 seconds. See, I don't log on to this place of worship daily, let alone multiple times daily. I just pop by see to who's turn it is to suggest a live BluRay concert disc with the USFest and hallowed Oakland show, even though Davey had to redo all his vocals. So more than lilely any record being released from the "the Vault" will contain the music from those actual concerts as well as "live in the studio" vocals. Not too bad considering what they have to work wth. I can't see why it wouldn't sell 3-4 million copies, easy?
    What "live" album is really live, other than the bootlegs? How old are you? Do you remember when you thought the Kiss "Alive" album was really live? I sure do. I was pissed when I found out how much overdubbing was involved.

As far as the US Fest, or the Oakland show, or any other classic VH show, I don't want them to do anything to those shows, other than transfer them to Blu Ray. VH was one of the few bands that left blatant mistakes in their original recordings. I don't know if it was Templeman, or the bands decision, but they left stuff in that no other band would have. It added character and honesty to the music. Dave does not need to redo any of his vocals on those shows. It is what it is. It's exactly what Van Halen was in those days. Raw and in your face.

I like my live music live.

44. 4 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (11-13-2014),FORD (11-13-2014),Seshmeister (11-13-2014),Terry (11-15-2014)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    There's some actual real live albums out there... but they're mostly from the 70's before the technology made it easy for them to go touching up crap!!

Some real gems... Hendrix - Band of Gypsies, Skynyrd's One More From the Road, Mahogany Rush Live, AC/DC If you want blood you got it, etc...

I really wish the record industry would go Retro and crank out stuff like we had in the 70's and early 80's. Those performances can all stand on their own... it's the imperfections, blemishes and warts that make them real!!

46. 2 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Never was (11-13-2014),Von Halen (11-13-2014)

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

But didnt they re-cut the vocals on the US Fest that was released? Pretty sure they did. And I absolutely agree live albums should be warts and all live, I've heard bootlegs that sound fine. IF that whole Oakland show exists, they might be able to get away with releasing it unretouched, but anything containing modern day Dave would be hard to listen to in its natural state.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ok, we get it. You liked old Dave. Not new Dave. Message received.

By all means, stick around and weigh in on any of the 9 million non-Dave related threads this "place of worship" has to offer.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This ain't Van Halen, but it's a great example of how overdubs are added to live recordings......

The end result sounds great, but if you actually watch the video, you will note there are times when either Mick or Keith are nowhere near the microphone, and yet their voices are coming out of it. Well how did they pull that off??

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And here's what that performance sounded like before the studio magic........

Also notice that you hear more of Mick Taylor in this version.

Damn them to Hell for turning him down in the re-mix.

Thread Information