X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heater
    Foot Soldier
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by FORD
    One of your (few) conquests I'm guessing. You like 'em dressed all sexy-like, don't cha?

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You pondered for 3 days to come back with that brilliant witty response?

Comment

• Heater
        Foot Soldier
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        You pondered for 3 days to come back with that brilliant witty response?
        No, it took about 2 seconds. See, I don't log on to this place of worship daily, let alone multiple times daily. I just pop by see to who's turn it is to suggest a live BluRay concert disc with the USFest and hallowed Oakland show, even though Davey had to redo all his vocals. So more than lilely any record being released from the "the Vault" will contain the music from those actual concerts as well as "live in the studio" vocals. Not too bad considering what they have to work wth. I can't see why it wouldn't sell 3-4 million copies, easy?

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Heater
          Davey had to redo all his vocals.
          Don't you mean re do be do
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

No, it took about 2 seconds. See, I don't log on to this place of worship daily, let alone multiple times daily. I just pop by see to who's turn it is to suggest a live BluRay concert disc with the USFest and hallowed Oakland show, even though Davey had to redo all his vocals. So more than lilely any record being released from the "the Vault" will contain the music from those actual concerts as well as "live in the studio" vocals. Not too bad considering what they have to work wth. I can't see why it wouldn't sell 3-4 million copies, easy?
            What "live" album is really live, other than the bootlegs? How old are you? Do you remember when you thought the Kiss "Alive" album was really live? I sure do. I was pissed when I found out how much overdubbing was involved.

As far as the US Fest, or the Oakland show, or any other classic VH show, I don't want them to do anything to those shows, other than transfer them to Blu Ray. VH was one of the few bands that left blatant mistakes in their original recordings. I don't know if it was Templeman, or the bands decision, but they left stuff in that no other band would have. It added character and honesty to the music. Dave does not need to redo any of his vocals on those shows. It is what it is. It's exactly what Van Halen was in those days. Raw and in your face.

I like my live music live.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

There's some actual real live albums out there... but they're mostly from the 70's before the technology made it easy for them to go touching up crap!!

Some real gems... Hendrix - Band of Gypsies, Skynyrd's One More From the Road, Mahogany Rush Live, AC/DC If you want blood you got it, etc...

I really wish the record industry would go Retro and crank out stuff like we had in the 70's and early 80's. Those performances can all stand on their own... it's the imperfections, blemishes and warts that make them real!!
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Heater
                Foot Soldier
                • Nov 2010

But didnt they re-cut the vocals on the US Fest that was released? Pretty sure they did. And I absolutely agree live albums should be warts and all live, I've heard bootlegs that sound fine. IF that whole Oakland show exists, they might be able to get away with releasing it unretouched, but anything containing modern day Dave would be hard to listen to in its natural state.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Ok, we get it. You liked old Dave. Not new Dave. Message received.

By all means, stick around and weigh in on any of the 9 million non-Dave related threads this "place of worship" has to offer.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This ain't Van Halen, but it's a great example of how overdubs are added to live recordings......

The end result sounds great, but if you actually watch the video, you will note there are times when either Mick or Keith are nowhere near the microphone, and yet their voices are coming out of it. Well how did they pull that off??
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And here's what that performance sounded like before the studio magic........

Also notice that you hear more of Mick Taylor in this version.

Damn them to Hell for turning him down in the re-mix.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

But didnt they re-cut the vocals on the US Fest that was released? Pretty sure they did. And I absolutely agree live albums should be warts and all live, I've heard bootlegs that sound fine. IF that whole Oakland show exists, they might be able to get away with releasing it unretouched, but anything containing modern day Dave would be hard to listen to in its natural state.
                        Pretty sure the only songs Dave re-did the vocals on were Pretty Woman and You Really Got Me, which I believe were part of the compilation of the festival, or something along those lines.... But the original version is out there also, I've got it somewhere but can't find the damn thing....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vaijuju
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2008

http://youtu.be/GOmHNsthoeo

runnin' with the devil

listen the backgrounds
                          Last edited by vaijuju; 11-14-2014, 04:13 AM.
                          http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            Pretty sure the only songs Dave re-did the vocals on were Pretty Woman and You Really Got Me, which I believe were part of the compilation of the festival, or something along those lines....

Exactly. Those were overdubbed for the Showtime channels version, which I fucking hate.

Fuck overdubbing live shows!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Why?

Is your cover of "Live Without a Net" too covered in cumstains?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

The job they did on RWTD is particularly awful. First verse re-done, second verse original, third verse re-done... Yikes. His re-done stuff sounds nasal and too clean. They should've just left the damn thing alone.

Comment

Working...