Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

The roth show would be great if he talked about his music solo or van..... wrestling ... Come on, Dave, gimme a break!
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      In the early days they were driven to avoid regular jobs... They succeeded.

Now they work when they have to... which ain't often.
      Valerie never took any of Ed's assets. Al has managed to stay married and hasn't had a divorce lately. Dave is married to his dog. Wolfie is single. Yup. Nobody needs the money right now.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Angel
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Valerie never took any of Ed's assets. Al has managed to stay married and hasn't had a divorce lately. Dave is married to his dog. Wolfie is single. Yup. Nobody needs the money right now.
        According to Tremonti, Wolf is about to blow our minds with his playing on the new album.
        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
          The roth show would be great if he talked about his music solo or van..... wrestling ... Come on, Dave, gimme a break!
          It was the same with his radio show most of the time.

It's like if Mike Tyson refused to discuss boxing or his personal life and only ever talked about his hobby keeping pigeons. That's his choice to make but 99% of the audience is gone in 5 minutes.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Appears to me the driving force has been reduced to a dripping facet in the guest Lou... which they just turned off since it's not in use or needed for the time being...
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

The whole 'been there, done that' aspect is an interesting position that all successful artists handle differently. Take U2 for example. Love'em or hate'em, they are close in age to the prominent VHers and they are creating new music and using risky (back fire-y) innovative methods of keeping their name out there and staying somewhat relevant. They've conquered a few times over and they're disgustingly rich. What's their driving force? I think they do genuinely care about their fans and their own legacy. Maybe, within the next 5 years, they'll make the rock star attempt at an official retirement, and as per usual, it won't stick.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it all comes down to whether or not you give a shit about your fan base after you've peaked. Some do and some don't. In the case of Van Halen, it looks like we lose.

....unless they somehow prove me wrong in 2015.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                Not their best work, I'll grant ya that. Although I do like the lyrics.
                It was a horrendous way to reintroduce Dave and the Van Halen sisters to the world...

Especially with an album chock full of killer songs they could have used...

And the crappy video is clearly Dave's idea...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  It was a horrendous way to reintroduce Dave and the Van Halen sisters to the world...

Especially with an album chock full of killer songs they could have used...

And the crappy video is clearly Dave's idea...

Agreed. Although I understand the commercial aspects of it, it gave everyone a collective "huh?", although they made up for it with the rest of the album.....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

The song has no commercial appeal...

Blood and Fire does...

Stay Frosty Does...

Big River does...

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Blood and fire was the come back single .. it was all set up , the lyrics etc .... Big missed opportunity
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

The driving force in the old days was undoubtedly the chemistry - or rivalry - between the 4 members. Once that band of brothers stuff dies, bands die. And when they die, they become businesses.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Evette
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by binnie
                          The driving force in the old days was undoubtedly the chemistry - or rivalry - between the 4 members. Once that band of brothers stuff dies, bands die. And when they die, they become businesses.
                          couldnot agree more!

Comment

Working...