DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    So if there isn't an album in the can and they arnt in contact . Baring in mind dave was speaking to Alex daily at one point
    No, Dave said he was talking to Al on a daily basis. And Dave has a habit of saying what he wants to happen instead of what's really happening. Just like the European tour comment.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    No, Dave said he was talking to Al on a daily basis. And Dave has a habit of saying what he wants to happen instead of what's really happening. Just like the European tour comment.
    Ouch .... that still hurts
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Not as bad as this...

Quote Originally Posted by ME View Post

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Droomer5150 View Post
    Man, just scanned through like 20 pages of rumours, hate, speculation and more hate on VHlinks.
    I started at page 70 and am ready to bail. Some of those turds are annoying. "Don't take it out on Andrew!" Fuck that guy!

5. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Droomer5150 (11-22-2014)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I started at page 70 and am ready to bail. Some of those turds are annoying. "Don't take it out on Andrew!" Fuck that guy!

Rumor mongers are no different whether you're talking about music, sports, politics, etc., etc....

I trust Jeff with his sources.. I don't know who his sources are, and I won't ask him, but I've spoken and texted him several times over the years, and I've met he and his wife at the Forum show (along with Brett and his wife).... They're good people, they're legit VH fans, and they're not about to be rumor mongers to drive up page views....

And the fact that Andrew's pussy hurts now, oh fucking well.... We've all seen his bullshit time and time again.....

Actually though, I was surprised how many Army folks post over there, and you know what, at this point in time, that's cool....

The older I get, and I just kicked 50, the more I despise the message board drama and the more I just wanna come on sites like here, TCR and maybe even jump back into the ring at the Links, and just talk rock, specifically Van Halen..... Nothing more....

Yeah, the Hagarita lovers are maddening to read, but if I'm over there, I just scroll completely past all of their posts.... Just now, I went through about 50 of the last pages in that thread in about 10 minutes... I read what Andrew wrote, then I see how Jeff shut him down, that's all I need to see....
    Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 11-23-2014 at 10:29 AM.

7. 6 users say thank you to Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

Angel (11-23-2014),chefcraig (11-26-2014),DavidLeeNatra (11-23-2014),mh5150 (11-23-2014),Terry (11-23-2014),Von Halen (11-23-2014)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

I just started going over there occasionally when Dave got back in the band. Like you, I ignore the Hagaritas...

9. Thanked Angel for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (11-23-2014)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,284 Times in 4,713 Posts

Best symbolism of how VH treats their fans (courtesy of our old friend hain23x over at Links)

11. 6 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

Angel (11-23-2014),DLR Bridge (11-23-2014),Green Manalishi (11-24-2014),Grit (11-24-2014),katina (11-24-2014),Von Halen (11-24-2014)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2021 @ 11:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Where is David Lee Roth? You know that we need him more than ever now !!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A revision to an earlier statement...Not sure I'd download this, but if it was the Montreal show I'd probably buy it.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,491 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    A revision to an earlier statement...Not sure I'd download this, but if it was the Montreal show I'd probably buy it.
    I dunno.

If it was just strictly 2007-2008 and 2012 footage on a hypothetical live dvd release, I might end up buying it even though there's really no need to considering both tours had virtually every date fan filmed from multiple angles and uploaded on youtube within a day of the actual gig, and those recordings weren't subjected to any post-performance studio overdubs (which an official release undoubtedly would be), regardless of the 2007-2008 backing vocals being partially piped in or not.

If it was CVH live footage on said hypothetical live dvd release, I'd buy the official release. Even if it was a show I already had. Hands-down that purchase would be a given. If it's strictly footage from the last 2 tours...not so much.

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    08-25-2020 @ 11:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Could the fact that David Lee Roth recorded a complete album with John 5 be any clue?

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grit View Post
    Could the fact that David Lee Roth recorded a complete album with John 5 be any clue?
    Uhhh....no.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Uhhh....no.
    Spoken just like a professional student...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Spoken just like a professional student...
    Fuck, I wish I was a professional student. Get paid instead of paying. That would be nice for a change.

One more term and I'm done...and I already have two job offers...

19. 3 users say thank you to Angel for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (11-24-2014),Terry (01-01-2015),vandeleur (11-24-2014)

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2017 @ 06:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ok, for what it's worth. No new Van Halen album, no live DVD. Looks like it's a live CD from the archives. Urrgh. This better be right!

From andrew

WHERE IS THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN? 📢📢📢📡📡📡

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2017 @ 01:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Personally speaking , anything archival would sure peak my interest . I can't imagine a band of classic Van Halens status not having a decent amount of quality live audio and video in the vaults . Sadly , I do believe our faces will collectively turn a brilliant shade of blue before we see or hear anything even remotely new from this band . We may be at dysfunction junction all over again . Who really knows ? Obviously crickets and tumbleweeds is all we're getting these days .

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 04:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ok boys I been chating with Berch Rupenian, who is a Dave friend. I told him not to comment it, but what the hell. Berch told me Dave ´sbeen in touch routinelly with the VH camp. They´ve recorded some stuff. Nobody knows exactly what they have in mind, but apparently they´ll release an live recording cd with a couple of new studio songs. The live video anthology with a mix of all Dave´s eras is juat another possibility, I guess it would be something close to half of Napalm your ass. The next is what I guess: if they release some of this, they´ll do a dozen shows including U.S., Canada and Europe, luckily they would tour with Michael Anthony, because it would be the very last VH tour.

23. Thanked diamondclaudio for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (11-24-2014)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diamondclaudio View Post
    Ok boys I been chating with Berch Rupenian, who is a Dave friend. I told him not to comment it, but what the hell. Berch told me Dave ´sbeen in touch routinelly with the VH camp. They´ve recorded some stuff. Nobody knows exactly what they have in mind, but apparently they´ll release an live recording cd with a couple of new studio songs. The live video anthology with a mix of all Dave´s eras is juat another possibility, I guess it would be something close to half of Napalm your ass. The next is what I guess: if they release some of this, they´ll do a dozen shows including U.S., Canada and Europe, luckily they would tour with Michael Anthony, because it would be the very last VH tour.
    Mostly believable, up until the "touring Europe" part.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Or the "very last VH tour" part...

Bad guess...I guess...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diamondclaudio View Post
    Yea right.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

At least somebody takes some initiative in the rock world....

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...hives-20141224

Bruce Springsteen Adds Legendary 1978 Cleveland Show to Concert Archives

Oft-bootlegged E Street Band performance from Cleveland's Agora Theatre officially available for first time with pristine stereo sound

Just over a month after Bruce Springsteen launched his archival concert project live.brucespringsteen.net, the E Street Band rocker has updated the download service with one of the most in-demand gigs from his legendary Darkness on the Edge of Town jaunt: An August 9th, 1978 performance from Cleveland, Ohio's Agora Theatre and Ballroom.

The Agora show was originally simulcast in its entirety by local rock station WMMS to celebrate that radio station's 10th anniversary, Ultimate Classic Rock writes. The concert kicks off with a rendition of Eddie Cochran's "Summertime Blues" before Springsteen and the E Street Band deliver a setlist packed with Darkness tracks mixed with covers like "Gloria," "Not Fade Away" and concert closer "Twist and Shout." The Agora show also features the unique Darkness tour second set opener "Paradise By the 'C'."

As the concert was broadcast over the radio, bootleg copies of the gig have circulated for years, giving it a near-mythological reputation among fans. However, this archival release marks the first time the performance has been officially released. The concert offers pristine sound quality thanks to a stereo mix cultivated from seven 1/4-inch reels that Springsteen's concert archivist Toby Scott unearthed after repeated requests to release the concert.

"I found the seven Agora tape reels in a box that had been returned from the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame," Scott wrote of the Agora show. "The tapes were part of an exclusive Springsteen exhibit 'Asbury Park to the Promised Land.' It wasn’t until the request to release this show came up that the tapes needed to be found. Not at Sony, not at Thrill Hill Archives, not at the archiving company. Last known location was the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They informed me what box to look in and there they were, marked with the original indication of speed, tracks and show date."

The Agora concert is available to download now at live.brucespringsteen.net, while CD copies of the live album will start shipping January 23rd.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I used to work across the street from the old Agora, where that Springsteen show was recorded.

That show is legendary around here. WMMS used to air a bunch of shows live from the Agora, sometimes during the day as a "Coffeebreak Concert" or a night time show. When WMMS got sold to Clear Channel (and most of the staff got fired) a lot of the live recordings disappeared.

The current Agora is a shithole...

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 08:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Well, VA is on the mark here - I have a bunch of great VH bootlegs. I can understand there's a lot of reasons for not wanting to work on old stuff if yuou are - as people say - a perfectionst like EVH.

But why not just buy 'em up and have an official bootleg imprint / outlet? It's what the Doors did, and - FFS - has sustained Bob Dylan's legend - the last 30 years have seen a continual stream of archival stuff from Bob Dylan and other 'old fogeys'.

VH just need to either (a) go to therapy and figure out why they don't want to express themselves: or (b) finally fucking realize that aside from Aerosmith and The Doors, there is no other claim on the mantle of 'greatest American rock'n'roll band'.

Start living up to it, you pricks!

30. 2 users say thank you to VHscraps for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (12-25-2014),DLR Bridge (12-24-2014)

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2019 @ 08:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    I'll watch a couple of songs on YouTube...

you've changed. i don't like it.

beeker.jpg

32. Thanked BiG_Troubles for this KICKASS post:

Angel (12-29-2014)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-29-2019 @ 05:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

OY!
    It's not happening till the BAND says its happening!

34. Thanked fwacf for this KICKASS post:

Droomer5150 (01-06-2015)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BiG_Troubles View Post
    you've changed. i don't like it.

beeker.jpg
    Understatement of the century....

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's still puzzling to me why Van Halen don't want to capitalize on their history.

Unless there are some sort of legal stipulations over ownership rights, I can't see why the band haven't released this vault stuff.

It's like, people will pay money for this! People want to see it! Here's our money...take it!

37. 2 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (01-01-2015),kwame k (01-01-2015)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,435 Posts

That's why I never understood the accusations of the band doing "cash grab" tours. If they really wanted a grab at some cash, they could package (and repackage and repackage) a ton of live and unreleased studio material. Touring costs a lot of money. CDs are manufactured for somewhere around a dollar and change. Product is, and will always be, the number 1 cash cow. Just ask George Lucas or Jimmy Page.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

You are about 10 years out of date with that post.

The 2007/8 tour grossed over $90m the 2012 tour over $50m.

ADKOT sold a million copies. I seriously doubt there is anything that VH could release at this time which will make tens of millions. If it was that good people would just steal it.

40. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (01-05-2015)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just call me Bridge Van Winkle.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,252 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    It's still puzzling to me why Van Halen don't want to capitalize on their history.

Unless there are some sort of legal stipulations over ownership rights, I can't see why the band haven't released this vault stuff.

It's like, people will pay money for this! People want to see it! Here's our money...take it!
    Indeed. Surely any management company would suggest it? There must be resistance towards it in the band....

43. Thanked binnie for this KICKASS post:

Terry (01-05-2015)

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2017 @ 06:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks

WHERE IS THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN? 📢📢📢📡📡📡

45. Thanked mh5150 for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (01-02-2015)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    You are about 10 years out of date with that post.

The 2007/8 tour grossed over $90m the 2012 tour over $50m.

ADKOT sold a million copies. I seriously doubt there is anything that VH could release at this time which will make tens of millions. If it was that good people would just steal it.
    Clearly the largest stream of revenue the band can hope to realize now comes from touring.

Hopefully the mindset in the band isn't one of thinking it's not even worth the bother to release a CVH live dvd because the profits will be impacted by people copying/downloading it for free.

Ed said something along those lines in 2011, to the effect of why even bother putting out a new album, because people will just burn a copy of it off the net rather than pay for it. What did ADKOT end up selling? About 650,000 copies? Whatever the net band profit per copy sold was couldn't have been too high - say, between $1 to $2 per copy as a guess?

Even if a live CVH dvd were to sell a million copies (and that would be a very generous estimate), the return wouldn't be anything close to what they'd rake in on the road. On the other hand, they don't have to actually go out and work when releasing a dvd...

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

On the other hand, they don't have to actually go out and work when releasing a dvd...
    Correctamundo. When the touring is through, and believe me, Dave's pipes and back want it to be through, they'd be fools not to ride the product train. Like George & Jimmy.

I'm curious as to what the band's net was on the past tour. There is an awful lot of overhead to be divided within the gross. Still a nice chunk, I'm sure, but touring is an expensive venture.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Y'all make a good point about putting out product and not really having to go out and work... a few hours a week reviewing content in a nice studio and making change suggestions isn't exactly hard work.

I also have got to wonder... how much income do they require to live comfortably at their age?

Their houses should be paid for... a couple of million $$ invested conservatively should generate enough income annually to pay taxes, keep the house heated, lights on and food in the fridge. None of them except Dave seem to travel extensively nor have expensive partying habits or hobbies...

Do they really need to go out and tour extensively to turn $10 million each in order to live comfortably the remainder of their lives..?

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hypothetically I'd bet on 81 Oakland live cd with 3 new studio bonus tracks plus US tour but no Europe, tour in starting in Aug., if I was a betting man.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

August is getting late for the sheds, unless they start in the northeast and head west or south. The Roth and the other guy tour started May 29th, 2002 and played mostly outdoor venues.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    If it's a tour consisting of mostly outdoor venues, twonabomber is right that August would be bit late in the year to start such a tour.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    What did ADKOT end up selling? About 650,000 copies?
    The drunken Scot pulled a million out of his ass...

I doubt it was even 650...

That's a lot these days...

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-09-2020 @ 09:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

411 000 in dec 2012 !!! not yet Gold (500 000) in United States !!

Thread Information