Member No
    Last Online
    08-25-2020 @ 11:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Van Halen Live DVD Rumored

Per Ultimate Classic Rock:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/van-halen-live-dvd

We’ve been told in no uncertain terms that Van Halen‘s long-awaited “secret project“ is not a new album. Now we have a fresh set of rumors hinting at what it might be instead.

According to Melodic Rock, unidentified sources close to the band are saying that not only is there “no indication that [David Lee Roth] has even been in real contact with the brothers let alone done any recording on ‘new’ songs,” but there are “no plans whatsoever to record a new album.” Instead, it looks like plans are afoot to release a live DVD.

The project is being described as “archival,” which will no doubt raise fans’ hopes for officially released footage from the band’s early ’80s tours, but Melodic Rock’s sources say it’ll instead be drawn from Van Halen’s 2007-08 reunion tour with Roth, specifically from the May 23, 2008, stop at New York’s Madison Square Garden. (You can check out the set list here.)

Given that this was a pivotal tour in late-period VH, it makes sense that it’d surface at some point, but it does seem a little odd that they’d decide to release it now. It’s been nearly three years since the band’s most recent album, and there’s plenty of pent-up demand for new product; one would think that the sensible thing would be to either buckle down and finish another LP or take a deep dive into the video vaults and dig up something truly archival.

And hey, who knows? They might do either (or both) of those things. At this point, we’re dealing with rumors.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Who knows how true this is? . . . good news about a long awaited DVD but not good for a new album !!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

I saw them them the week before the MSG gig in Baltimore and Dave was in top form vocally.

This was after Eddie's 'bad period' on that tour and he was fine. Even so I'm sure most people would prefer a release of older material, the use of tapes and Wolfgang was very young means in 2008 it could come across a bit lifeless and if you were going to do it why wait 6 years?

Maybe it will be a retrospective mixture of old and new.

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Oh boy. I can't wait for this one!

Fucking idiots.

The genius VH marketing machine is at it again.

4. 6 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (11-21-2014),Angel (11-21-2014),chefcraig (11-26-2014),DavidLeeNatra (11-23-2014),DONNIEP (11-21-2014),Terry (11-23-2014)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

believe this when it's in my hand, What July 2019 ???? But it was a good tour for Dave. Unlike 2012. I have a boot of M.S.G. that year. It's good. Baltimore is better. But that might be just the sound of the boot. I'll take anything at this point. 08 was a strong finish for them. Wolf looked too young too be up there. But who cares. Nothing with Mike on it will ever come out as long as Ed is still breathing. So that's wish full thinking. The guy is too much a prick too pretend that era existed !

6. Thanked 78/84 guy for this KICKASS post:

Terry (11-23-2014)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Gee, where do I sign up for the pre-sale?

Ah, I'll pass. I've got so many boots from that tour here in the Redneck Army DVD Studios that one more would just get in the way. Sure, it would be cleaner, sound better, blah blah blah, so what. Just give us some old stuff, you can keep the "new VH" footage for when I give a shit.

The one thing that does ring true in that post was the whole Dave's not been in contact with the band part. I'm sure that's exactly how things are.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Since this is coming from Andrew and his famous "sources" I'm not taking it all that seriously, but it wouldn't surprise me. Though if they were going to release a DVD of a post-reunion show, wouldn't the ADKOT tour be a better choice? No worry about the "canned Sobolewski backing vocals" or whatever.

And if Dave wanted to "touch up" his vocals in the studio, it wouldn't be different than any other live album or video released commercially.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Touch up ??

You're joking, right ??

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Touch up ??

You're joking, right ??
    I think he meant have Ralph come in and do the vocals

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Raaaalph ??

No thanks...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

I don't know if I'd even bother downloading this.

13. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (11-21-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think I put a comment on FB recently about the Robert Plant thing where he was offered 1 bazillion dollars to do a tour with the pedo guitarist and I think he knocked it back because he knows he can't do it justice any more and I think that is a completely perfectly correct approach.

If someone offers me a million dollars to sing Poker Face in a thong at halftime in the Superbowl some of you are going to enjoy that but most people aren't. I maybe would still consider it for the money but Plant doesn't have to and those 2 tours mean that Van Halen don't need to now either for better or worse...

15. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (01-01-2015)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've said all along that Plant won't do the Zep reunion because he knows he can't hit the high notes (pretty much what you are saying) and that he just isn't interested in rehashing the past any more.

A for today's VH "news"...sometimes I think Andrew goes into "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" mode. Today is one of those days.

17. 2 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Angel (11-22-2014),chefcraig (11-26-2014)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I maybe would still consider it for the money...
    Enough said...

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 12:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm skeptical about the DVD, but I do firmly believe there is zero going on album wise (or anything else wise). Hasn't Wolf been working on the Tremonti album? They'll probably tour behind that for several months at least, so he won't be available for a while. Gee, too bad there isn't a bass player free who has the chops, knows all the old songs and would make the fans happy by being in the band. Damn shame that guy doesn't exist, right?

20. 3 users say thank you to chuckjitsu for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (11-22-2014),Droomer5150 (11-21-2014),Terry (11-23-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Enough said...
    What do you mean by that?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chuckjitsu View Post
    I'm skeptical about the DVD, but I do firmly believe there is zero going on album wise (or anything else wise). Hasn't Wolf been working on the Tremonti album? They'll probably tour behind that for several months at least, so he won't be available for a while. Gee, too bad there isn't a bass player free who has the chops, knows all the old songs and would make the fans happy by being in the band. Damn shame that guy doesn't exist, right?
    Yeah but we'd likely have to read a bazillion "I told you so's!" from the fat clown who sells rum.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The fat clown is like all these people.

To rephrase a classic Dave Roth line they are cunts and that's how they got that job.

Listening to a Hagar made publicity video where he gets someone to thank him on film for donating $20k from a $80 million fortune makes me physically sick.

At this point at least the chances are we'll see him not take it with him...

24. 3 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (11-21-2014),Terry (11-23-2014),VAiN (11-22-2014)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think die hards would buy this but if it's not from 78/84 most people will just but it back on the shelf.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think I put a comment on FB recently about the Robert Plant thing where he was offered 1 bazillion dollars to do a tour with the pedo guitarist and I think he knocked it back because he knows he can't do it justice any more and I think that is a completely perfectly correct approach.

If someone offers me a million dollars to sing Poker Face in a thong at halftime in the Superbowl some of you are going to enjoy that but most people aren't. I maybe would still consider it for the money but Plant doesn't have to and those 2 tours mean that Van Halen don't need to now either for better or worse...
    A false story but your right he doesn't want too pretend he is 23 anymore. It might have worked and been cool 15 years ago but at this point they are pushing 70, well Page is. Let it pass.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

So if there isn't an album in the can and they arnt in contact . Baring in mind dave was speaking to Alex daily at one point . The fact it takes these guys the same ammount of time to do something as it does for forrests to grow . Dave's voice isn't going to get better , ed isn't going to get less lazy/comfortable .
    So are we getting to " well that's all folks "

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Since this is coming from Andrew and his famous "sources" I'm not taking it all that seriously,
    I missed that this was from MelodiCrock which means it's purely just a hypothetical scenario.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

I missed that this was from MelodiCrock which means it's purely just a hypothetical scenario.
    Watched it all go down over at the links. Andrew first said there was a new album coming. Jeff got pissed that fans were getting excited and stated there was something coming, but not an album and he couldn't say anymore.

Andrew got his panties in a wad because the majority of the posters believed Jeff over him...a few days later he came up with this one...

30. 2 users say thank you to Angel for this KICKASS post:

Droomer5150 (11-22-2014),FORD (11-22-2014)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The dvd is such a crap idea, they allowed people with fuck off camera's in to these gigs.
    Donniep sent copies to every van halen fan living or dead. what would be the point.
    its like releasing the shitest song on the album after a twenty year break and doing no press... who would do such a thing

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here's what Jeff said yesterday:

I am on a two day vacation in Vegas right now. I wish I saw this new rumor last night, because I would’ve been able to shoot it down then instead of a day later.

Yet more rumors from Andrew that are COMPLETELY WRONG. You can bank on that. You know I would not steer you wrong, and I never have steered you wrong.

And it’s one thing when he reports on things that aren’t in the works. But it’s another thing when he reports that Dave and the VH Brothers haven’t been in contact.

I know for a fact that David Lee Roth has met with the VH brothers countless times this year. And besides all the meetings when they get together, they talk on the phone a few times a week, too.

I can’t tell you how crazy it is to read this bullshit from Andrew, and all the while he acts like he knows what’s going on! It’s the weirdest thing.

I'm on a two day vacation right now, so I've got to get off my computer and get out of this hotel room. So I probably won't be able to post anything again today or tonight. <br />
    <br />
    But don't worry guys. You will know what's really going on soon enough.<br/>
    Last edited by Angel; 11-22-2014 at 09:35 AM.

33. 7 users say thank you to Angel for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (11-26-2014),DLR Bridge (11-22-2014),FORD (11-22-2014),katina (11-23-2014),SunisinuS (11-22-2014),Terry (01-01-2015),vandeleur (11-22-2014)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

not sure how reliable this jeff is ? never go to the links but if they are in contact with each other thats good news to me .

35. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

katina (11-23-2014)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    not sure how reliable this jeff is ? never go to the links but if they are in contact with each other thats good news to me .
    Jeff Hausman from VHND. Much more reliable..

37. 2 users say thank you to Angel for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (11-22-2014),vandeleur (11-22-2014)

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Despite the he said/she said bullshit going on here, the project is still a SECRET.

Nobody knows.

We can only hope it is "archival" in nature, starting in....oh...the early 70s?

39. 2 users say thank you to Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

Angel (11-22-2014),DLR Bridge (11-22-2014)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-22-2016 @ 07:49 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Man, just scanned through like 20 pages of rumours, hate, speculation and more hate on VHlinks. I feel like maybe the band is just like yeah nah, we're not telling anyone until we announce it officially, lets have some fun put out this rumour to this guy.... to cover up whatever it is they're actually working on. "who am I to get in the way of a good rumour?"

Quick brainstorm...new album, live dvd/blu-ray, live album, documentary, rerecords (may as well just release live versions, nothing beats the originals!), archive dvd/s, live boxset, greatest hits (anything but this PLEASE!), retrospective boxset, unreleased songs...the return of michael anthony/mixing that album from the rumoured 2000 "Tabula Rasa" sessions? What else could it be if VHND is right about no new album or live release? I sense bull.

I'm getting dangerous amounts of anxious, exciting yet frustrating anticipation again...

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I think he meant have Ralph come in and do the vocals
    cheap tacos.jpg

42. Thanked PETE'S BROTHER for this KICKASS post:

Angel (11-22-2014)

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2017 @ 06:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks

=VH= Action Figures..

WHERE IS THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN? 📢📢📢📡📡📡

44. Thanked mh5150 for this KICKASS post:

Angel (11-22-2014)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    What do you mean by that?
    I mean that's the measure of success in your mind...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    I think die hards would buy this but if it's not from 78/84 most people will just but it back on the shelf.
    I'll watch a couple of songs on YouTube...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Droomer5150 View Post
    Man, just scanned through like 20 pages of rumours, hate, speculation and more hate on VHlinks. I feel like maybe the band is just like yeah nah, we're not telling anyone until we announce it officially, lets have some fun put out this rumour to this guy.... to cover up whatever it is they're actually working on. "who am I to get in the way of a good rumour?"

I'm getting dangerous amounts of anxious, exciting yet frustrating anticipation again...
    I would guess that Sesh and team probably have the same info as Jeff...from the same source, whom we all know is about as reliable as you can get...

...Get Ready...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mh5150 View Post
    =VH= Action Figures..

WHERE IS THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN? 📢📢📢📡📡📡
    Now those...I would definitely buy!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Droomer5150 View Post
    Yeah it kinda sucks...

But Dave and Edwad are very capable of pleasantly surprising us...

So, we'll see...

50. 2 users say thank you to ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

Angel (11-22-2014),mh5150 (11-22-2014)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I mean that's the measure of success in your mind...
    Wtf? This is one strange little convo...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sesh and the team ?!??

Now that's a good one...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Wtf? This is one strange little convo...
    You're an actress, right ??

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sesh and the team ?!??

Now that's a good one...

you are a bitter , little man . found a power socket in that cave of yours I see

55. 2 users say thank you to vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

Angel (11-22-2014),ELVIS (11-22-2014)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Thread Information