• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
    I'm skeptical about the DVD, but I do firmly believe there is zero going on album wise (or anything else wise). Hasn't Wolf been working on the Tremonti album? They'll probably tour behind that for several months at least, so he won't be available for a while. Gee, too bad there isn't a bass player free who has the chops, knows all the old songs and would make the fans happy by being in the band. Damn shame that guy doesn't exist, right?
    Yeah but we'd likely have to read a bazillion "I told you so's!" from the fat clown who sells rum.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The fat clown is like all these people.

To rephrase a classic Dave Roth line they are cunts and that's how they got that job.

Listening to a Hagar made publicity video where he gets someone to thank him on film for donating $20k from a $80 million fortune makes me physically sick.

At this point at least the chances are we'll see him not take it with him...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

I think die hards would buy this but if it's not from 78/84 most people will just but it back on the shelf.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          I think I put a comment on FB recently about the Robert Plant thing where he was offered 1 bazillion dollars to do a tour with the pedo guitarist and I think he knocked it back because he knows he can't do it justice any more and I think that is a completely perfectly correct approach.

If someone offers me a million dollars to sing Poker Face in a thong at halftime in the Superbowl some of you are going to enjoy that but most people aren't. I maybe would still consider it for the money but Plant doesn't have to and those 2 tours mean that Van Halen don't need to now either for better or worse...
          A false story but your right he doesn't want too pretend he is 23 anymore. It might have worked and been cool 15 years ago but at this point they are pushing 70, well Page is. Let it pass.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

So if there isn't an album in the can and they arnt in contact . Baring in mind dave was speaking to Alex daily at one point . The fact it takes these guys the same ammount of time to do something as it does for forrests to grow . Dave's voice isn't going to get better , ed isn't going to get less lazy/comfortable .
            So are we getting to " well that's all folks "
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
              Since this is coming from Andrew and his famous "sources" I'm not taking it all that seriously,
              I missed that this was from MelodiCrock which means it's purely just a hypothetical scenario.

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                I missed that this was from MelodiCrock which means it's purely just a hypothetical scenario.
                Watched it all go down over at the links. Andrew first said there was a new album coming. Jeff got pissed that fans were getting excited and stated there was something coming, but not an album and he couldn't say anymore.

Andrew got his panties in a wad because the majority of the posters believed Jeff over him...a few days later he came up with this one...
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

The dvd is such a crap idea, they allowed people with fuck off camera's in to these gigs.
                  Donniep sent copies to every van halen fan living or dead. what would be the point.
                  its like releasing the shitest song on the album after a twenty year break and doing no press... who would do such a thing

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Here's what Jeff said yesterday:

I am on a two day vacation in Vegas right now. I wish I saw this new rumor last night, because I would’ve been able to shoot it down then instead of a day later.

Yet more rumors from Andrew that are COMPLETELY WRONG. You can bank on that. You know I would not steer you wrong, and I never have steered you wrong.

And it’s one thing when he reports on things that aren’t in the works. But it’s another thing when he reports that Dave and the VH Brothers haven’t been in contact.

I know for a fact that David Lee Roth has met with the VH brothers countless times this year. And besides all the meetings when they get together, they talk on the phone a few times a week, too.

I can’t tell you how crazy it is to read this bullshit from Andrew, and all the while he acts like he knows what’s going on! It’s the weirdest thing.

I'm on a two day vacation right now, so I've got to get off my computer and get out of this hotel room. So I probably won't be able to post anything again today or tonight. <br />
                    <br />
                    But don't worry guys. You will know what's really going on soon enough.<br/>
                    Last edited by Angel; 11-22-2014, 10:35 AM.
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

not sure how reliable this jeff is ? never go to the links but if they are in contact with each other thats good news to me .

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        not sure how reliable this jeff is ? never go to the links but if they are in contact with each other thats good news to me .
                        Jeff Hausman from VHND. Much more reliable..

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Despite the he said/she said bullshit going on here, the project is still a SECRET.

Nobody knows.

We can only hope it is "archival" in nature, starting in....oh...the early 70s?

Comment

• Droomer5150
                            Roadie
                            • Jan 2012

Man, just scanned through like 20 pages of rumours, hate, speculation and more hate on VHlinks. I feel like maybe the band is just like yeah nah, we're not telling anyone until we announce it officially, lets have some fun put out this rumour to this guy.... to cover up whatever it is they're actually working on. "who am I to get in the way of a good rumour?"

Quick brainstorm...new album, live dvd/blu-ray, live album, documentary, rerecords (may as well just release live versions, nothing beats the originals!), archive dvd/s, live boxset, greatest hits (anything but this PLEASE!), retrospective boxset, unreleased songs...the return of michael anthony/mixing that album from the rumoured 2000 "Tabula Rasa" sessions? What else could it be if VHND is right about no new album or live release? I sense bull.

I'm getting dangerous amounts of anxious, exciting yet frustrating anticipation again...
                            SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                              I think he meant have Ralph come in and do the vocals
                              cheap tacos.jpg
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• mh5150
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Mar 2010

=VH= Action Figures..

WHERE IS THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN? 📢📢📢📡📡📡

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

Working...