X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nigel
    Roadie
    • Mar 2004

Here's what's happening with Van Halen. . in my opinion

Let's get to the point. Dave mentioned "Special Project" not new album.

"Project" infers many aspects and "special" means that finally Uncle Dave is listening to us and knows what we want and has got the brothers to dig into the vaults.

Clues: 1) Wolf is busy with Tremonti (beyond the James Bond limit) but God Bless him for getting Dad to rekindle his passion for more $$$ and thus the fans.

2) Mike is coming back, Sammy said so and who would know more since they're "bum buddies". .

3) A TOTAL Reunion will be stellar and "Sold Out" ticket wise. It IS the "original" band.

4) With all the back catalogue video around (in decaying state), I believe Dave has spent time looking for it and having it restored (with professional help obviously). Give us 2007/08 DVD with some new stuff from 2012, as well as the LIVE stuff from 78/79/80/81 and whatever else makes sense.

5) There is no other "chess move" for VH at the moment (other than getting Hagar back), which won't happen right now. Nobody wants to hear "Spank Line" and cheap sexual innuendo songs (not even Mine All Mine) which wasn't too bad actually.

6) Dave's John 5 project can be released whenever he wants but not when the mighty VH is still in play.

7) Christmas is coming and what better time to stay "Fuck it" let's buy VH in Surround Sound and multiple camera angles like every other band does.

8) Eddie was spotted at a Mastering Studio in late summer. Was he taking Kody for a walk?

9) Dave's been quiet recently and that's a sign he's fucking busy. . .on CVH mission.

10) I don't have a Number #10, but what do you all think of my conspiracy theory?

Cheers

Nigel
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Well, you're quite the optimist aren't you?

Much as I'd love all or any of what you say to come true, I think that the 'special project' is more likely to be 'Strummin' With The Devil 2'.....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Nigel, have you been drinking?
      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Nigel
        Roadie
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        Nigel, have you been drinking?
        Yes, Vodka, neat actually, but don't tell anyone. As for my theory;

Oh ye brethren of little faith. . just believe and it shall be. I'd be willing to wager on it.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nigel
          Yes, Vodka, neat actually, but don't tell anyone. As for my theory;

Oh ye brethren of little faith. . just believe and it shall be. I'd be willing to wager on it.

Kudos for giving it the old college try, but a good chunk of those have already been shot down by Jeff from VHND.....

Matter of fact, I just spoke to him, just to touch base and say hello.....

Regardless of what you've been reading from the Tasmanian guy, there ain't jack shit going on....

No new album, no 2008 CD/DVD, no "archival" CD, nada, nothing.... Other than regular contact between Dave and the brothas on Howdy Doody mountain, that is.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nigel
            Roadie
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Kudos for giving it the old college try, but a good chunk of those have already been shot down by Jeff from VHND.....

Regardless of what you've been reading from the Tasmanian guy, there ain't jack shit going on....

No new album, no 2008 CD/DVD, no "archival" CD, nada, nothing.... Other than regular contact between Dave and the brothas on Howdy Doody mountain, that is.....
            I respect your contact, hierarchy and opinion but what would Dave be in regular contact for, other than VH business. Did we know ADKOT was coming?

NO all of us didn't until it hit. . .VH and Dave (the marketing machine) doesn't leak anything until they're ready and never have.

"Special Project" is Dave's way of getting the fans (who he does seem to give a shit about) postulating on what that might be.

I'm guessing full blown reunion, with some Home video including Roth (and it's about fucking time) 2012, 2008 or older or all combined.

Just get it to us before Christmas, cos most of us don't leave the house for a few weeks.

Cheers

Nigel

Comment

• mh5150
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2010

So NOTHING as in NOTHING... ON THE HORIZON...
              Is EVH healthy?

WHERE IS THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN? 📢📢📢📡📡📡

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I respect your contact, hierarchy and opinion but what would Dave be in regular contact for, other than VH business. Did we know ADKOT was coming?

NO all of us didn't until it hit. . .VH and Dave (the marketing machine) doesn't leak anything until they're ready and never have.

"Special Project" is Dave's way of getting the fans (who he does seem to give a shit about) postulating on what that might be.

I'm guessing full blown reunion, with some Home video including Roth (and it's about fucking time) 2012, 2008 or older or all combined.

Just get it to us before Christmas, cos most of us don't leave the house for a few weeks.

Cheers

Nigel
                Wow...
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

If VH has anything going on, (and I'm not saying that there is) it won't be before the end of this year. Look at how ADKOT was released.
                  I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Cheers

Nigel

Well, in fairness to you, and mainly because my mind is shot nowadays, I looked back in this forum....

If you go to around page 26, which was the summer of 2011, you'll see that by then it was pretty clear that VH was indeed working on a new album....

Now the good shit hit the fan on Christmas Day 2011, when Shelly contacted me from "Diamond Dave Enterprises" to start feeding us pics and video, the New Years Eve stuff from Times Square, then the tour dates, then leading to the 3 different shows we got passes, yadda, yadda..... And then that led up to ADKOT being released on Feb. 8th, 2012....

But anyway, we knew about 9 months in advance that they were working on an album....

So while I would love for you to be right, and that they're doing SOMETHING, that dog just ain't huntin' from what I'm told.....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

No new album, no 2008 CD/DVD, no "archival" CD, nada, nothing....
                      Please shaddup...

You're insulting my intelligence...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Cheers

Nigel
                        They are already too late for this Xmas.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

He meant 2021

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm having a hard time believing that the "special project with Van Halen" that Dave was referring to is actually nothing. Yeah, I know what band we're talking about here, but still... Nothing? Frig.

Comment

• Nigel
                              Roadie
                              • Mar 2004

I'm telling you all that SOMETHING good is going on Howdy Doody Mtn. and no-one from the VH camp "needs the money". (Except Alex's ex wives)

Dave would leave VH and release his John 5 project, let Spammy back in the fold, but my Spidey Sense tells me that we are all going to be surprised and relieved.

And, despite the fact that the vhnd gets info they will only get it when it's time. Do you really think that VH would "leak" info to the vhnd before they get their shit together?

I've been a fan since 1979 and in every case they came out when they were ready, and not a day before. That's the way VH builds up the pent-up demand for their brand and everything they are about.

Maybe I'm wrong about an Xmas release but they are damn fools if it's a retrospective package. CVH Lives and we just have to keep the faith. .

Comment

Working...