Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    I just can't see dropping the cash for basically the same show they've put on the last two times out. IF they go back out with Jesus on bass, then they better play some shit we ain't heard on the last two tours.

They played a handful of songs that they hadn't played in concert in over 30 years this last time around, but overall yeah I agree, they need to spruce things up....

Get a stage that isn't boring as fuck.... Personally, I'd like to see the side platforms they had on the '84 tour and one jutting out to the crowd at center stage.... And, oh yeah, lose the Liza Minnelli dance floor....

Dig deeper in the catalog, i.e. DOA, Drop Dead Legs, Light Up the Sky, Sinners Swing, etc......

And hey Ed, how about a new solo for the first time in over 30 years......
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      They played a handful of songs that they hadn't played in concert in over 30 years this last time around, but overall yeah I agree, they need to spruce things up....

Get a stage that isn't boring as fuck.... Personally, I'd like to see the side platforms they had on the '84 tour and one jutting out to the crowd at center stage.... And, oh yeah, lose the Liza Minnelli dance floor....

Dig deeper in the catalog, i.e. DOA, Drop Dead Legs, Light Up the Sky, Sinners Swing, etc......

And hey Ed, how about a new solo for the first time in over 30 years......
      Exactly.

The stage really needs to be updated. I know Ed's a cheap bastard, and I'm not expecting the Mother Ship lighting rig from the old days. But anything would be an improvement over what they've been using. I mean, it's supposed to be Van Halen! Spend a few damn dollars and get a real stage!
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

And the solo , Fucking hell some of the stuff on ADKOT was great he was totally back to playing well, well better than that vegas gig. Surely he could throw something new in .
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Drop Dead Legs really needs to be played live. And the fact that they have played it instrumentally in soundchecks (even during the Velveetapalooza 2004 tour) means they haven't forgotten how to play the song.

But they definitely need Sobolewski back for that one. His harmonies are essential to that chorus.

And should he come back, I'd love to hear the band take another shot at "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers" too. As far as I know, that one was only played once or twice on that South American tour in 1982, right? I suspect the original plan at the time was for that to be the "single" from the live album that was supposed to be released back then, but was pulled by WB at the last minute.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            Drop Dead Legs really needs to be played live.....

But they definitely need Sobolewski back for that one. His harmonies are essential to that chorus.
            Wha??? You mean Wolfie can't actually pull off his part of the band? If he sees this...he probably won't post here.
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Had Mexican food tonight. Broke out the Mad Anthony's sauce.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Exactly.

The stage really needs to be updated. I know Ed's a cheap bastard, and I'm not expecting the Mother Ship lighting rig from the old days. But anything would be an improvement over what they've been using. I mean, it's supposed to be Van Halen! Spend a few damn dollars and get a real stage!
                I think my all time favorite stage and lighting rig was the one used on the Eat Em and Smile tour. Dave was pissed and was going to one up Van Hagar. That's what that whole stage was about. Damn that lighting rig was beautiful!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  Had Mexican food tonight. Broke out the Mad Anthony's sauce.
                  That was the most VH related item reported here all weekend!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

It's good sauce and I ain't kidding. It's got some flavor to it. I use it in my beef jerky recipe as well. Makes a difference.

Comment

• mug
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2005

Wolfie wants this to happen it will. Plus if ROTH can come back Mike can come back money talks!!

Comment

• Coyote
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Exactly.

'07-'08 looked like a reject Prince-stage, last tour stage was "high speed, low drag". How 'bout something a bit more "Marvel 2099" instead of "2007 retro-futuristic"? Give it a killer backdrop, not just B&W live footage...
                        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Coyote
                          How 'bout something a bit more "Marvel 2099"...
                          image.jpg

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Coyote
                            '07-'08 looked like a reject Prince-stage, last tour stage was "high speed, low drag". How 'bout something a bit more "Marvel 2099" instead of "2007 retro-futuristic"? Give it a killer backdrop, not just B&W live footage...

The main problem with the '07-'08 stage was that they had the "S" jutting into the crowd, but it was RARELY used !! Dave used it 1 or 2 times per show, and Wolf maybe once, but since EVH used the wired setup, he was tethered to the main stage....

I'd be satisfied if they just had one at center stage, a la US Festival or 1984.....

The ADKOT tour stage looked like bare bones, cheap-ass.....

And I'm pretty sure that screen was supposed to be color, but I think they were having problems with it....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
                              Use my hand, I won't look
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

In every show that I've seen the first 3-4 songs are in B&W and then it goes to mostly color. I love that big screen and basic stage set-up.. I'm not there for explosions and fireworks.. I want the music cranking and to see what the fuck they're doing up there.
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

That's a good attitude VAiN, but the dance floor has got ta go. Bump out the stage a little bit and add a dozen or so empty cabinets and the '12 stage would have a had an '84 vibe.

Comment

Working...