Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,401 Times in 6,056 Posts

If Eddie could work out a way to earn $150 per copy of a new original Van Halen album we would have one.

I think he resents that the album didn't make him money so that means it doesn't have value. This is wrong thinking, without new material a band dies on the vine you can only go back the well so many times. Someone needs to explain to him how the economics work now, you would think if no one else his boy could.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Angel (03-09-2015)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    You need to get Ed and Al's cocks out of your ears, and Dave's out of your mouth.

If you think VH will average 11,000 tickets a night on the heels of this fucking GARBAGE album, then you are even more delusional than I thought.
    According to 5 guys on this website in the doomsday circle jerk. I don't think anyone really cares or will know about the album. The lack of promotion is already part of the plan.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If Mike is back, its up to 13k a night easy

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Not to mention $11 beers, $40 for a T-shirt, etc....
    Well we'll see what happens but I would honestly think twice about paying that.

If it gets to that point then I do wonder who is going to be filling these arenas.

I once paid $1500 to go to a Van Halen show so I'm clearly a fucking idiot.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    According to 5 guys on this website in the doomsday circle jerk. I don't think anyone really cares or will know about the album. The lack of promotion is already part of the plan.
    Well I was posting video from the show early in the morning. Literally a couple hours after they performed. And it sucked balls. So the rest of the record will pretty much be "ok" here and there and the rest will suck.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts

Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Right. Nobody is going to hear that garbage on the radio, and then NOT go to a show because of it. If you think this band isn't getting crucified over this, and killing any numbers they potentially had for a tour, again, you are more delusional than even I thought. The 5 doomsdayers on this site, are going easy compared to what the general population is saying about this band right now.

What were Sabbath's tour numbers on the 13 tour?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    If it gets to that point then I do wonder who is going to be filling these arenas.
    11,000 tickets isn't selling out an arena here Sesh. Most are around 20,000. The Palace here is 24,000.

Their only hope is, to keep the dates to a minimum, and hope people will drive to regional shows. Even with gas down, I can't see it happening with those ticket prices.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Right. Nobody is going to hear that garbage on the radio, and then NOT go to a show because of it. If you think this band isn't getting crucified over this, and killing any numbers they potentially had for a tour, again, you are more delusional than even I thought. The 5 doomsdayers index this site, are going easy compared to what the general population is saying about this band right now.
    Damn right.

Here's the thing: When Dave does something good, us Circle Jerkers get ripped for being super fans who get excited when Dave takes a shit. And that's fine with us. But nobody can say we don't call things like they are. Good, bad, shitty - we tell it like it is. And I have argued repeatedly about Dave's less-than-great-performances with idiots from one end of the world to the other here. And what did they say? "Oh, you can't judge a show based on youtube videos because you're not hearing it like it really is". Bullfuckingshit. And this new record proves me right. You take it right off the soundboard and it sounds even worse.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You need to get Ed and Al's cocks out of your ears, and Dave's out of your mouth.

If you think VH will average 11,000 tickets a night on the heels of this fucking GARBAGE album, then you are even more delusional than I thought.
    My take on it is maybe a minority one here but here it is.

If there was a gig on the tour where Ed was on fire and Dave was singing at his best 2008 level and it had been brilliantly produced and in a great package if I'm honest I still don't think I would have listened to it that much.

Live albums? It's 2015 plus live albums from people who are almost at pension age?

When you go to see a band like Van Halen at this point it's a nostalgia experience, any live recording with a semblance of integrity is not going to stand up on a rainy Monday evening as you drive the kid to their piano lesson. You can kid yourself that they and you are the same as you were at both your peaks after 8 beers at a gig but not in the cold light of day.

All that said there is a lot of piss and vinegar in this thread and the bottom line is that no one is forcing anyone to buy it.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Right. Nobody is going to hear that garbage on the radio, and then NOT go to a show because of it. If you think this band isn't getting crucified over this, and killing any numbers they potentially had for a tour, again, you are more delusional than even I thought. The 5 doomsdayers index this site, are going easy compared to what the general population is saying about this band right now.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest...music-for-2013

According to the Pollstar Year End Top 200 North American Tours, Black Sabbath did really well with a combined total of selling 293,783 in the 21 cities they played in. The sales for the band netted them a cool $19.7 million overall and landed them 56th on the list,

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They did well here but it was effectively a farewell tour.

It was more like the VH 2008 tour than the one now.

It's just a stupid ridiculous idea anyway, an arena support act gets $20k a night. Sabbath and Van Halen are scrabbling around trying to get money to keep them in luxury for the next 20 years.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest...music-for-2013

According to the Pollstar Year End Top 200 North American Tours, Black Sabbath did really well with a combined total of selling 293,783 in the 21 cities they played in. The sales for the band netted them a cool $19.7 million overall and landed them 56th on the list,
    14,000 a night. But nobody likes them.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If there was a gig on the tour where Ed was on fire and Dave was singing at his best 2008 level and it had been brilliantly produced and in a great package if I'm honest I still don't think I would have listened to it that much.

Live albums? It's 2015 plus live albums from people who are almost at pension age?
    I would. I'd ride around blasting that shit from my car stereo every couple days. Well, I'd skip over Ed's boring ass solo.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

When you go to see a band like Van Halen at this point it's a nostalgia experience, any live recording with a semblance of integrity is not going to stand up on a rainy Monday evening as you drive the kid to their piano lesson. You can kid yourself that they and you are the same as you were at both your peaks after 8 beers at a gig but not in the cold light of day.

All that said there is a lot of piss and vinegar in this thread and the bottom line is that no one is forcing anyone to buy it.
    Exactly why, if they were insistent on giving Wolfgang his due in VH by releasing this GARBAGE of an album, they should have packaged it with an old show. Yes, it's 2015. Bands have to go the extra mile, to get fans, especially casual fans, to buy in.

If they think they are going to get an average couple to pay $500 for tickets, a snack and a beer, to go see a replication of that shit Tokyo show, they are more delusional than Flamma. They'll average about 5,000 a night if they're lucky. Somebody call the arena's and tell them to wash the black curtains, they're gonna need them.

16. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Angel (03-09-2015),DONNIEP (03-09-2015)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I would. I'd ride around blasting that shit from my car stereo every couple days.
    I'd blast the Tokyo disc from the buggy, but I'm afraid people would think that screeching was a mechanical issue.

18. 3 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Angel (03-09-2015),Romeo Delight (03-09-2015),WARF (03-09-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'd blast the Tokyo disc from the buggy, but I'm afraid people would think that screeching was a mechanical issue.
    Just make sure you don't play that abortion HFT cover that chick did, the one here in the Main. Holy shit that sucked ass.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

14,000 a night. But nobody likes them.
    sure...they cherry picked the big cities. I am happy for them that is a good showing. How much were tix?

Van Halen sold out 9 shows...add the next 14 best attendance to equal the low number of Sabbath shows and we likely have a higher number
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 03-09-2015 at 10:42 PM.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

sure...they cherry picked the big cities. I am happy for them that is a good showing. How much were tix?
    One million American dollars!!!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Same as VH, roughly.

VH cherry picked the major cities too. What's wrong with that strategy?

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

its a great strategy...just pointing out to team circle jerk that the numbers are probably in VHs favour when we employ the 21 best dates is all

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Same as VH, roughly.

VH cherry picked the major cities too. What's wrong with that strategy?
    This next tour, they better pray to God that Woz puts on another US Fest. Or hit the 10 biggest markets in the US and call it a day. Cause there's no fucking way they can pull off more than a 3 or 4 month tour at this point. Dave is toast, Ed ain't any better than the guy next door who can play Eruption, Al still rocks and Wolf actually can play the songs right but sucks singing. Well, not sucks - but he's never gonna sing like Mike. So they better hit the biggest cities and pack it in.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

its a great strategy...just pointing out to team circle jerk that the numbers are probably in VHs favour when we employ the 21 best dates is all
    VH - let's just leave it at that. It ain't Van Halen. It's crap and it sucks cock.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Spin doctoring. You sound like Clichegar fan now.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

More flip flops than the ugly sluts at the Walmart...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No...it's called math

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 02:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

Sabbath and Van Halen are scrabbling around trying to get money to keep them in luxury for the next 20 years.
    That's why Sharon O got her TV gigs...even she knows Ozzy can't sustain her lifestyle.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,093 Times in 2,004 Posts

Blog Entries
    Right. Nobody is going to hear that garbage on the radio, and then NOT go to a show because of it. If you think this band isn't getting crucified over this, and killing any numbers they potentially had for a tour, again, you are more delusional than even I thought. The 5 doomsdayers on this site, are going easy compared to what the general population is saying about this band right now.

I don't know... but I have a feeling there's a large majority of casual VH fans who know little to nothing about this Live release and if they see a VH tour stop in their area they may just book a party night despite all the negativity on the net.

This is one area where the band's laziness in not maintaining any active presence on the net/social media or doing jack shit for the fans plays strongly in their favor...

I'll bet that if you polled people entering a venue for a VH show the last 7 years... 98% or more had never visited the Roth Army or VHLinks. Most never even heard of the VHND. All they might have seen or heard was a radio promotion or possibly an article in Rolling Stone which is more or less positive spin without the drama and bullshit.

While vocal and sharp at calling this crap we're probably 1% of the mix that might waste their money on a VH tour appearance and this Live & Remastered release...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I don't know... but I have a feeling there's a large majority of casual VH fans who know little to nothing about this Live release and if they see a VH tour stop in their area they may just book a party night despite all the negativity on the net.

This is one area where the band's laziness in not maintaining any active presence on the net/social media or doing jack shit for the fans plays strongly in their favor...

I'll bet that if you polled people entering a venue for a VH show the last 7 years... 98% or more had never visited the Roth Army or VHLinks. Most never even heard of the VHND. All they might have seen or heard was a radio promotion or possibly an article in Rolling Stone which is more or less positive spin without the drama and bullshit.

While vocal and sharp at calling this crap we're probably 1% of the mix that might waste their money on a VH tour appearance and this Live & Remastered release...
    But they heard the ad for the show on the radio. Same place they'll hear that awful recording, IF the radio stations will even play it.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I doubt many radio stations will be playing much off the Tokyo Live record... they won't want to risk losing advertising revenue...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    First you like it now you don't...

Make up your mind...

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-08-2020 @ 05:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Those ampitheaters seat more than an arena....
    Actually, I think Jiffy Lube Live is a little under what the nearest arena (Verizon Center) holds. It's definitely bigger though than that shithole First Mariner in Baltimore. The main difference, I think, relates to something I posted way back when these first started to leak out:

Because of the way sheds are setup, it's tougher for the band to actually see how empty it might be once you get to lawn seats, and for that matter it's tougher for those in attendance too. However, it's glaringly obvious when portions of an arena are curtained off.

35. 2 users say thank you to VetteLS5 for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (03-10-2015),mh5150 (03-10-2015)

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-08-2020 @ 05:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    You're never gonna get the young crowd into sixty year old men...

And for good reason...
    And conversely, you definitely don't want to get the sixty year old men into the young crowd. That's just ewww.

37. Thanked VetteLS5 for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (03-10-2015)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    there is a lot of piss and vinegar in this thread and the bottom line is that no one is forcing anyone to buy it.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Piss and Vinegar would have been a better name for the sinking ship live album...

40. Thanked ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (03-10-2015)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2018 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread something about an announcement around the 17th. Anything to that or more likely tour dates around the "Kimmel" show?

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    First you like it now you don't...

Make up your mind...
    What I like or don't like wasn't relevant to the discussion...

Aren't you about due to quit again..?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by perrin29 View Post
    Someone mentioned earlier in the thread something about an announcement around the 17th. Anything to that or more likely tour dates around the "Kimmel" show?

Officially speaking, nobody knows shit....

Shit, even Kimmel is supposed to be hush-hush.... Someone had the Punks take down their Tweet about it, but I've had someone else tell me (unrelated to the Punks) about it as well....

That shit's happening on the 30th.... Just a coincidence that it's the night before the live album comes out, right?

It just makes sense, in the reverse psychology in the world of Van Halen, that they'll wait until somewhere around the Kimmel appearance and live album to announce the tour dates as well.....

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post

Aren't you about due to quit again..?
    You sir, are a loser...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Damn right.

Here's the thing: When Dave does something good, us Circle Jerkers get ripped for being super fans who get excited when Dave takes a shit. And that's fine with us. But nobody can say we don't call things like they are. Good, bad, shitty - we tell it like it is. And I have argued repeatedly about Dave's less-than-great-performances with idiots from one end of the world to the other here. And what did they say? "Oh, you can't judge a show based on youtube videos because you're not hearing it like it really is". Bullfuckingshit. And this new record proves me right. You take it right off the soundboard and it sounds even worse.
    Fair enough, but where was this passion during the last tour? We all criticized the spotty performance...We all did.

You need to hear Panama off this release to understand how bad it was? Truth is, some are good, others bad in every show. Overall, Dave is lacking the last tour after a surprisingly good album.

Maybe that is the difference to be fair. There is no good offering on the horizon.

I just don't get the next step which is VH will draw 1/3 full houses and all that. Sorry but its going to be mostly full again...sorry to disappoint.

Perhaps they doesn't deserve it based on their lack of effort. I get that.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fair enough, but where was this passion during the last tour?
    I ripped this band repeatedly during the last tour. And I praised Dave whenever he did well. That's the thing: he seems like he can pull it off when he wants to. And you would have thought that the Jaoanese shows would have been hands down his best performances since that's his new adopted country. But they pretty much sucked and this record will too. And unless he's put the work in on his voice this next tour that's supposedly gonna happen is gonna suck too. Maybe he should ask wolfie for his vocal coach's phone number.

Thread Information