X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksmar
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    All I'm saying is that Hillary's fake southern accent was probably inspired by Chimpy's ridiculous faux-Texas twang.

Wouldn't be the first time a Clinton continued a failed BCE policy (see NAFTA, for example)
    Got it..

Another vote for

A Has Been That Never Was...............
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

How clueless are you? I think I've made it clear since about 2000 or so what my feelings were about Hillary Goldman Sachs-Clinton as a candidate.

Wouldn't vote for her in 2008. Not gonna vote for her in 2016. Hope there's better options available.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jacksmar
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

How clueless are you? I think I've made it clear since about 2000 or so what my feelings were about Hillary Goldman Sachs-Clinton as a candidate.

Wouldn't vote for her in 2008. Not gonna vote for her in 2016. Hope there's better options available.
        I don't think she's running so I may be pretty clueless about her.

She may be polling high but I think her book sales speak volumes...so to speak...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
          ...I may be pretty clueless about...
          That about sums it up

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Perhaps over 50% of voters who self-identify as being democrats want Hillary to run, the general rationale being that it would avoid a possibly fractious primary coupled with the conventional wisdom that Hillary brings a combination of electability and experience to the ticket.

I don't necessarily think that any of this is true, though. She won two Senate races against two very weak opponents, and it's not like it is such an achievement to win a Senate seat from New York running as a Democrat, anyway. In the 2008 Iowa primary, she came in third behind Obama and Edwards. This result undermined the 'inevitability' one often hears associated with her name. Lest we forget less than a year before that primary Hillary was being characterized as a shoo-in for the nomination.

She has experience, to be sure. From her botched health care reform attempts in the mid-1990s to her Iraq war vote to her Secretary of State tenure (I'm hard-pressed to remember anything memorable or she did in that role - other than rack up frequent-flier miles - or, much like her Senate career, any lasting achievements that resulted from it). So where the much-lauded 'competence' label that is constantly attached to her name comes from is somewhat of a mystery to me.

And I'm not really sure having a virtually uncontested democratic primary, in essence a coronation for Hillary, is a useful thing for the party or Hillary as a candidate. The Clintons of 2014 are a long ways away from the Clintons of 1992. They pay a lot of lip service to progressive issues, but have always come up woefully short on tangible actions to back up their talk when it comes to the interests of working families in this country.

She'd offer nothing bold in terms of initiatives in any arena. About the only thing bold would be having a woman president. And I'm not opposed to a woman being president. Just not THIS woman. Nor am I that enamored with Elizabeth Warren, who is a one-note candidate. It's a note that needs to be heard, granted, but not enough for me to seriously consider Warren for the office.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• jacksmar
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Still, it would be fun to see the fight between Hillary and Old As Squat. The Old As Squat camp is already picking a fight with billionaire backed, commie lib Mayor RIE.

It would be the Bolsheviks vs. the Mensheviks again.

Begs the question: "What's the difference between 2015 Chicago and 1943 Stalingrad? One is a crumbling dangerous city where people are killed daily and there is fighting between two warring factions of intolerant statists. The other is Stalingrad."

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Or is it...

Comment

Working...