No announcement yet.

Better Call Saul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That one is difficult because it is very American and just looks wrong to me.

Defence and defense are different spellings of the same word. Defense is preferred in American English, and defence is preferred in all other main varieties of English, including Australian, British, and Canadian English. The spelling distinction extends to most derivatives of defence/defense, including defences/defenses and defenceless/defenseless. But the words defensive, defensiveness, and defensively have an s everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
      Never watched Cheers.

I'm a little behind. I recently started watching Seinfeld for the first time.
      Keep an eye out for Bob Odenkirk. I think he plays one of Elane's boyfriends.

Comment

Easter eggs. Don't read if you haven't finished the season.

Comment

You should try talking on the phone to that fucker.
          Ive heard the same about Flamma...you need a canadian dictionary

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
            He's a dick but in his defence remember that he found out about Jimmy doing the billboard scam and keeping it secret from him so some justification that he hadn't changed.
            True,,but Jimmy also waited on the guy hand and foot..brought him everything..Chucks a dick..

Comment

Originally posted by High Life Man View Post
              Easter eggs. Don't read if you haven't finished the season.

http://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/wha...lls-future.php
              That's great about the Costner line. The ring, too. Next season should be the emergence of Saul, circa 2003.

Comment

Fuck Chuck. Jimmy took care of that fucker. Say what you want about Jimmy, but he has a good heart. That's more than you can say for that douchebag brother of his.

Comment

Never watched Cheers.

I'm a little behind. I recently started watching Seinfeld for the first time.
                  Holy crap Von! Your living in the stone age- do your self a favor and watch Cheers (its on Netflix). Frazier was good too.

Also if you like "Seinfeld" you'll like "Curb Your Enthusiasm"
                  sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

Has anyone else noticed how great the camera angles and music are in this show? Man, that whole segment where Mike stole the money from the Kettlemans (jazz trio: lead bass, keys and drums) along with the ending, with Jimmy kicking the shit out of his dream office's door (somber, light strings) and sitting, defeated on the floor as his phone rings was stunning, artistic as all hell work.

And the episode involving Mike killing the cops, and his telling of the tale deserves the actor an Emmy.

If you have not picked up on this show, there is a marathon on xfinity this week.

Seriously, compared to Breaking Bad, I thought this would be an afterthought. Fact is, it is on it's way to equal that epic show.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                      Holy crap Von! Your living in the stone age- do your self a favor and watch Cheers (its on Netflix). Frazier was good too.

Also if you like "Seinfeld" you'll like "Curb Your Enthusiasm"
                      When all that stuff was on, I had a boy playing travel hockey, then when he was 16, we had another one that also ended up playing travel hockey. I never had time to watch tv. If I wasn't at hockey in the evenings, I was building my '71 Challenger. After my wife passed, I spent the time building the VH Buggy. I'm taking more time to catch up on some of these shows lately, but I'm actually feeling like I'm spending too much time doing that now. Thank goodness the weather is starting to warm up. I need to get the engine out of the buggy this weekend, to do some more tweaking on it.

Comment

When all that stuff was on, I had a boy playing travel hockey, then when he was 16, we had another one that also ended up playing travel hockey. I never had time to watch tv. If I wasn't at hockey in the evenings, I was building my '71 Challenger. After my wife passed, I spent the time building the VH Buggy. I'm taking more time to catch up on some of these shows lately, but I'm actually feeling like I'm spending too much time doing that now. Thank goodness the weather is starting to warm up. I need to get the engine out of the buggy this weekend, to do some more tweaking on it.
                        I hear ya man. There are more important things to do than watching tv, but at least now you can binge watch a lot of it
                        and get through the good stuff pretty quickly. I do most of my binge watching in the winter anyways.
                        sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

So happy this show turned out to be great. That scene where he talked about the Chicago moonroof was classic
                          Eat Us and Smile!
                          Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

TV dumbs you down.
                            Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

Great stuff season 2 has started.

I'm not sure I like it just quite as much as Breaking Bad but it's a great show.

Trivia from episode 1 includes Clifford Main the boss of Jimmy's new company was the original Spinal Tap drummer so that's 2/4 of the band in the show now.

The actor who plays the nerdy guy Price(guy with Hummer)used to be 'The Zim Zam YoYo Man'. As a prank he sent a press release around 12 morning TV shows claiming to be a yoyo champion who was touring schools using yoyos as a way to teach kids about the environment. From the 12 offers he got 10 invitations to shows and appeared on 6 or 7 before they realised...

The 'Nitro' type stockbroker that Jimmy scams is the same guy whose car Walt blows up in season 1 of Breaking Bad for being an obnoxious asshole.

The $50 a shot tequila that they get him to buy a bottle of (in the UK that would work out at $1500 but less in the US I think) is the same stuff that Gus uses as poison in BB.

Comment

I got bored after a couple episodes. I probably shoulda stuck with it.
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...
                                X