Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Better Call Saul - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Call Saul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    Speaking of foreshadowing, looks like we may see these guys tonight...
    Oooof!

I guess they will make Mike an offer he can't refuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whorehey View Post
      Nacho is fucked...
      The brothers are fuckin scary...walk up to your house in broad daylight with an axe scary..

Comment

• 3 things

Mike is the man..period..Cant help but like this character. The welcome mat bit was slick and he even pays back when the job is incomplete..you shitting me??!!

Kim, needs to be seen changing clothes..period..in fact, that should be considered statement one here..

Third, the writing is again brilliant.The story is falling together nicely. Every story line is interesting.

Comment

• Agreed, though they too often have scenes that do nothing but stretch the show into an hour. Was there an actual point in seeing Jimmy wrestle with insomnia? This episode had key moments, but definitely stretched the soup by adding water.
          Last edited by DLR Bridge; 03-22-2016, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• I think the sleepless night was symbolic of Jimmy's preference to " Rough it"...he would rather fail on his own than succeed with help..

Comment

• True. Just wish the show would pack a wallop a little more often. These seasons are pretty short. BB usually had more going on with better pacing. It was rare when they stretched the proverbial soup. Like the time they spent the full episode having Walter and Jessie hunt down a house fly in the lab. I presumed they did that episode because they fell short for the season's count and just cranked that out. It served no actually purpose, other than comic relief, minus the comedy.

Comment

• It was puzzling that episode with the fly. I was ok with it because I was on a massive BB binge at the time I saw it and maybe it would have pissed me off more if I had then had to wait a week for the next episode. I think I'll go back and watch it again soon. I heard Vince Gilligan saying it was one of his favorite episodes. I think there is a Frazier episode which is all set in a car, there is one of a famous UK sitcom called One Foot In the Grave also in a car and the Scottish sitcom Still Game had a whole one set in an elevator.

It seems to be a thing with writers, the challenge to make a whole episode without action and in a single scene, like a Waiting for Godot thing.

The pacing in Better Call Saul is quite different from BB as is the mood but maybe better for it rather than being the same thing again.

It's definitely so much better and deeper than the obvious option that most people would have guessed they would do which would have been Saul has a different crooked case each week.

Comment

• It is a great show. I guess it's hard to sometimes fend off my impatience for seeing how things play out. Saul was primarily the comic relief in BB. Not taking anything away from Odenkirk. His portrayal of Saul's origin is intriguing and well done, but I find the cast of characters that surround him created by Vince Gilligan to be more fascinating. It truly is a unique universe.

Comment

• Like BB it almost always bears up to stupid fanboy levels of examination. It's interesting that for example a 2 hour James Bond movie with a budget of 100+ million and more ends up with a dozen plot holes whereas the Vince Gilligan machine on a fraction of that can do 30 hours with almost none. Probably just the usual thing that goes wrong in the big workplace - corporate shit.

Comment

• Yeah, there are also many series' out there that seem to care little about developing plot holes. I just satisfied my inner 13 year old by binge-watching Daredevil season 2. I enjoyed seeing some of my favorite darker comic book characters receive more of a noir treatment then, say the corny Avengers films, but the plot hole count in DD2 is pretty high. I made the concession to just take it for what it is.

Comment

• Easter Eggs from Episode 7.

The realtor who showed them the house was the same one from Breaking Bad who caught Marie (Hank's wife) stealing at a house viewing.

The house is the same one Mikes family end up in.

Comment

• Episode 9 was the best in a while.

Here's a little cuntspiracy theory for y'all.

Take the Season 2 episode names

1. Switch
                          2. Cobbler
                          3. Amarillo
                          4. Gloves Off
                          5. Rebecca
                          6. Bali Ha'i
                          7. Inflatable
                          8. Fifi
                          9. Nailed
                          10. Klick

Take the first letter of each

S
                          C
                          A
                          G
                          R
                          B
                          I
                          F
                          N
                          K

Rearrange the letters and you get

F R I N G'S B A C K

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but that is a hell of a coincidence...

Precedent in the titles with the teddy bear in Season 2 of Breaking Bad which were "747", "Down". "Over" and "ABQ"
                          Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-13-2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Awesome. Just a matter of time.

Comment

• Don't
                              'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• Yeah that has to have been him IMHO.

There is also the the theory that Ernesto is related to Gus Fring, they look similar and his part is getting bigger.

Slightly disappointing finale I thought, didn't resolve anything and it didn't feel like the tape recording of Jimmy would stand up in any court.

Then again there are around 70 Columbo episodes and out of them I think maybe about 10 of the rich white bad guys would have been convicted once the lawyers got involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X