Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Ill go back and watch it all again at some point..I do think that Saul would have remained Saul and got the 7 years had he not been told about Kim telling Howard's wife about their scheme. He realized he was fucked and just wanted to see Kim again. I was actually surprised that he came clean. I was expecting a more " shocking" ending with Kim killing him but was good to see he was actually sorry and he and Kim had their cig. I got the impression from the look back that she will never go back to see him.
    The " time machine " flashbacks were good..especially Mike's.

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

And bringing Marie back was brilliant

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
        And bringing Marie back was brilliant
        Annoyingly you couldn't tell if she was wearing purple.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
          Ill go back and watch it all again at some point..I do think that Saul would have remained Saul and got the 7 years had he not been told about Kim telling Howard's wife about their scheme. He realized he was fucked and just wanted to see Kim again. I was actually surprised that he came clean.
          I'm not sure about this, I think without his corroboration she was still safe from criminal prosecution. He used the threat of that to make sure she was in court to hear his confession which was genuine and he thought he should be punished more than the 7 years. I think. He's a new character at that point - post Gene - he's James McGill. Whether he stays as that or becomes Saul again in jail isn't clear but he is already being called Saul by the inmates.

I'll need to watch it again.
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-16-2022, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Decent overview...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Out of the 3 ghosts the genius Walter White nails it with the 'You've always been like this' line.
              Probably true. But White never applies any of that scrutiny to himself. Whereas Mike is somewhat reflective and contrite on the question saying he'd never have taken his first bribe; Walter still acts like a victim cunt that had his empire stolen from him and he wouldn't have been manipulated. But he did a lot of that by being stubborn and dumb. He LET them!!! He's evading the responsibility that both Mike and Jimmy ultimately admit, though Jimmy has to be beaten up a bit more...

Having said that I guess maybe Walt ultimately admits in the close of Breaking Bad and sort of tries to makes things right...
              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-16-2022, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                I'm not sure about this, I think without his corroboration she was still safe from criminal prosecution. He used the threat of that to make sure she was in court to hear his confession which was genuine and he thought he should be punished more than the 7 years. I think. He's a new character at that point - post Gene - he's James McGill. Whether he stays as that or becomes Saul again in jail isn't clear but he is already being called Saul by the inmates.

I'll need to watch it again.
                When he got caught somebody wrote " My lawyer kicked your ass" or something to that effect on the cell wall..he went into Saul mode negotiating but when he tried to get the " Ice cream", he found out Howard was not a bargaining chip.I think thats when he decided to fess up.Even got Kim to show up to see it.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Is Blue Bunny Ice Cream even that good? I mean it's not like it's Ben & Jerry's.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The ice cream is a running theme...

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      Is Blue Bunny Ice Cream even that good? I mean it's not like it's Ben & Jerry's.
                      Ben & Jerry's is shit.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...