SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Berkun.jpg

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

New season started well.

Word on the street some more BB characters are coming back including maybe Hank? Also this season is going to be darker I guess because of a drugs war.

They also got season 5 approved - no news on whether that's the final one.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Episode 3

I missed the fact the guy Jimmy hires to do the burglary is Ira from Breaking Bad.

He was the boss of Vamonos Pest who would put tents around four houses every week in the Albuquerque area. The five-man crew of exterminators, which Ira leads, bolster their income by burglarizing the houses they fumigate. Saul Goodman was a lawyer for many of Vamonos' crooks.

More obscure catch was the guy sleeping at the office ordering the pizza making a big thing about it being sliced.

This is an old Breaking Bad trope from when Walter throws the pizza on the roof.

In the second episode of the third season of Breaking Bad, Walter White arrives home with a pizza for the family. Unfortunately, Skyler—who just found out her husband makes meth—answers the door and won't let him in. Walt walks to the driveway and throws the entire pizza on the roof. It's a weird move on its own, but the pizza itself is bizarre, too. It's unsliced. Who sells an unsliced pizza? It's a topic that's been of some internet debate since the episode aired in 2010.

n an entirely different scene, Jesse is having a party and orders a pizza, which arrives unsliced. Badger explains to his confused friends that "they don't cut the pizza, and they pass the savings on to you."

These are two scenes that just feel like unique Breaking Bad quirks. But as we've come to learn from repeated viewings and analysis, nothing is a coincidence on Breaking Bad.

During creator Vince Gilligan's Reddit AMA , one fan asked, "Was Badger and Skinny Pete's conversation at Jesse's party about the pizzas not being sliced written in after the fact to explain how Walters pizza landed on the roof intact? Everyone knows a sliced pizza would have come apart."

As creator Vince Gilligan says of the unsliced pizza, it had to do with continuity and physics:

'Yes! We had a long discussion before we shot the pizza on the roof scene about whether or not the pizza should be sliced—because, as all you physicists know, a thrown, sliced pizza would come apart due to centrifugal force or angular momentum (or something like that). And yet, you're right: no self-respecting pizza parlor sells an unsliced pizza. So we figured we needed to explain it (in the "They pass the savings on to you" scene), or else face our audience's righteous wrath!'
        Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-22-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

We chat with the "Breaking Bad" star who made a surprise cameo in last night's "Better Call Saul" — could he return for more episodes?

Breaking Bad Star Talks Last Night's Better Call Saul Cameo — Could He Return for More Episodes?
          By Dave Nemetz / August 21 2018, 5:00 AM PDT

Warning: This post contains spoilers for Monday’s Better Call Saul, so if you haven’t watched yet, you know… tread lightly.

Well, that cameo was a bit of TV gold, wasn’t it? (Or maybe TV titanium, or TV magnesium…)

Better Call Saul Season 4 Episode 3 Gus GaleThis week’s Better Call Saul dropped one of its most delightful Breaking Bad Easter eggs yet, as Gus Fring visited a local university to consult chemist (and future meth cook) Gale Boetticher. True to dorky form, Gale was singing a song naming the periodic table of elements when Gus arrived, and informed Gus that his current meth suppliers were pushing inferior product. “I could do much better,” he added, volunteering his services, but Gus turned him down: “You were meant for better things.” Of course, we know we’ll soon see Gale whipping up meth in Gus’ Superlab… and working with Heisenberg himself, Walter White.

Gale’s return was actually years in the making, according to David Costabile, who reprised his Breaking Bad role in last night’s episode. He had breakfast with Saul executive producer Peter Gould in Albuquerque back when Saul was still shooting its first season, “and he was like, ‘We should have you back on the show,'” he tells TVLine. “I thought he was just being nice,” he adds with a laugh. “‘You were on that other show that was such a big hit for us, and we shot you in the face, so you might as well come on back and be alive!'”

Costabile sees Gale’s appearance here as “a launching pad” for the character’s arc on Breaking Bad, since it highlights “his interest and pursuit of excellence, and the rigor that it demands of one’s self to get to excellence… He delights in how difficult chemistry is, because it has to be done the right way, or it’s not going to succeed.” The “shoddy craftsmanship” from the other meth cooks offends Gale’s sensibilities, he says: “He’s like, ‘That’s not OK. You can’t go through life like that. You just mustn’t. You mustn’t allow yourself to not do your best.’ And I think that’s who that character is.”

So could we see more of Gale and his impossibly high standards in future episodes of Saul? (After all, we haven’t seen the Superlab up and running yet.) Costabile is tight-lipped: “Are you kidding me? Those AMC thugs will come and get me, trust me.” (He doesn’t want to get shot in the face again, understandably.) But he does leave the door open for an encore performance as Gale: “It will remain to be seen how the story develops… and how it would or could collide with those other stories.”

The real question, though: How much time was Costabile given to memorize the lyrics to “The Elements,” that catchy laundry list of elements Gale was happily singing? “Not long enough!” he laughs: “I spent every single waking moment from the second they told me that that was going to be the f–king song, until the f–king moment that we shot it.” He wanted to make sure it seeemed “offhand,” too, since Gale obviously knows the song well, and “the only way that can be is if you’ve sung it a million times.” As a result, he can now sing the song “at any speed: slow, fast, stick a pencil in my eye… I can sing that song. I am ready.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

LOL....

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Season 5 has been great, 5.6 one of the best ever!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The last 2 episodes 5:8 and 5:9 have been really stressful.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Binging all the seasons I haven't watched to catch up...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Finally in full binge, just got through Season 3...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Keep with it, I think 5 may be my favourite so far.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        The last 2 episodes 5:8 and 5:9 have been really stressful.
                        Yeah it was...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

This is going to be fucking great - a final season split 7 eps then 6 both shown this year.

I'm going to have to go back and do a bit of a rewatch though 2 years is too long for me to remember everything that is going on.

Those of you who have stupidly not watched this yet you have just about enough time to binge it in time which will be like going to the restroom at a restaurant and your food arriving as you come back.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So here's the latest on the final season....

It will be 13 episodes, split into two 6 week blocks

First two episodes air on Monday 4/18 and then airing every Monday through May.

Second half begins on July 11

It's been confirmed that Walt & Jesse will be involved "somehow" in the final season, but no details about when exactly they show up.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Gotta watch the opener again..I know I missed some small tidbits...loved the beginning showing Sauls future..the bottle top from the early Jimmy/Kim scam rolling off the truck..He was doing well....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                                Gotta watch the opener again..I know I missed some small tidbits...loved the beginning showing Sauls future..the bottle top from the early Jimmy/Kim scam rolling off the truck..He was doing well....
                                So do I. A lot of people think the two opener episodes might have been the best yet...

Comment

Working...