X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Better Call Saul

Was going to drop this pic I snapped of the side of a bus in the Breaking Bad thread, but after 15 minutes of searching for it (wtf?) I decided to start a thread in the hopes that the show doesn't suck.

Saul.jpg

OK Better Call Saul. Please don't suck.
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Suck? Ghey.

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

I liked the pilot..look forward to more.

Comment

• Angel
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Sigh...I cancelled my cable...last term in school and currently unemployed. Sigh...
        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Fairly certain that Cinabon intro takes place after Breaking Bad ends. Twisty flash forwards right out of the gate.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Angel
            Sigh...I cancelled my cable...last term in school and currently unemployed. Sigh...
            Last term of your 30th year?

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              Fairly certain that Cinabon intro takes place after Breaking Bad ends. Twisty flash forwards right out of the gate.
              Mike in the parking booth threw me..cameo as a completely different character I guess..kinda cool bit.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

And whats with Tuco at the end..I guess we are closer to the BB days than I thought..
                Last edited by Fairwrning; 02-09-2015, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

I watched it. Never saw BB so I have no point of reference for what you guys are talking about. And I always find it disturbing to see David St. Hubbins not being, well, David St. Hubbins.

I found the show interesting but couldn't help but feeling there was something I should know that I didn't and maybe I didn't need to know it to get the show but then I thought maybe not knowing whatever it is that I didn't know was why it seemed like I should know some stuff and then I decided I'd just watch it and now I still don't know who the fuck Saul is or why I better call him.
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    I watched it. Never saw BB so I have no point of reference for what you guys are talking about. And I always find it disturbing to see David St. Hubbins not being, well, David St. Hubbins.

I found the show interesting but couldn't help but feeling there was something I should know that I didn't and maybe I didn't need to know it to get the show but then I thought maybe not knowing whatever it is that I didn't know was why it seemed like I should know some stuff and then I decided I'd just watch it and now I still don't know who the fuck Saul is or why I better call him.
                    I haven't seen the show yet, and it's supposedly a "prequel", which means it shouldn't be dependent on seeing Breaking Bad to know what's going on. But if Tuco or other characters are going to show up, then it might get confusing for somebody who wasn't familiar with the characters.

Sort of like somebody watching "The Phantom Menace" if they hadn't seen the original Star Wars trilogy first. They would probably wonder what the point was of watching some little kid and this annoying rasta frog creature for 2 hours.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Honestly I enjoyed the show. I'll keep watching it, depending on when it comes on.

But really, it's hard to see Lenny without wanting him to break into Big Bottom.

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                        Last term of your 30th year?
                        Gotta be 32 at least by now, Von.

Yup...last one. April 24 is last day of classes. Not that I have any classes this term. All practicum. Yay, I love paying to work somewhere...especially when I'm unemployed. Wonder if I'll be the only one at convocation living in their car, lol...sort of. :eek:
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP

Re: the Saul thing, the main character is going to change his name to that at some point.

You shouldn't need to have seen BB but I totally recommend you do, not to understand this better but because it is the best TV show ever made.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                            Mike in the parking booth threw me..cameo as a completely different character I guess..kinda cool bit.
                            I don't think he is a different character, they will have a clever way of explaining that.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              I totally recommend you do, not to understand this better but because it is the best TV show ever made.
                              That's what everybody keeps telling me. I just haven't gotten around to it. I'll have to check it out.

Comment

Working...