• Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

I dig it so far.

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Really liking the start of this...

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Another great episode.

A few random factoids from the podcasts, official and otherwise.

1) They spent 14 months writing this and it seems to be just about the exact same team as BB.

2) They are already working on season 2

3) Tuco's grandmother was played by the same actress as Al Pacino's mother in Scarface.

4) The nail bar where his office is was suggested as a way to launder money in BB by Saul to Walter and Jessie. It exists in real life and most of the staff shown are not actors but real life.

5) Nacho is the guy that Tuco kills in front of Walter and Jessie at the end of BB season 1. I missed that.

6) It's set in 2002

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Not sure about #5. I'm pretty sure Tuco kills the numb nuts who tries to help him out by adding his two cents. The guy with the white socks and baggy black shorts who says, "one guy already has a black eye". Tuco stares him down and says "don't help me".

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              Not sure about #5. I'm pretty sure Tuco kills the numb nuts who tries to help him out by adding his two cents. The guy with the white socks and baggy black shorts who says, "one guy already has a black eye". Tuco stares him down and says "don't help me".
              Ah sorry I seem to have been given some bad info...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

It was mostly good info.

This show really is pulling off something tricky. People with no prior BB knowledge are getting a good show to watch while fans of BB get that plus all of the "saulbacks". Everybody wins.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The interesting thing then is that Nacho is kind of doomed otherwise he would be in BB.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

That being said, folks that haven't seen BB should ignore this thread.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I'm seriously impressed so far. Vince Gilligan has obviously done the heavy lifting to make this work. It has the familiar "Breaking Bad" feeling, but with a whole new story.

It truly is amazing, when you think about it, that a show of this quality could be crafted in the same universe as "Breaking Bad" without being considered hokey and contrived. "Breaking Bad" was such a landmark show....it must have been scary as shit to pursue "Better Call Saul."

This could have ended up as "After M*A*S*H"....but thank God it's not.

Gilligan also has "Battle Creek" about to premiere on CBS. I hope he doesn't get distracted by a second show and let "Saul" suffer the consequences.
                      Originally posted by perilouspete
                      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

I'm watching it, and I binge-watched BB a while back, but I just don't think it's as great as everyone says it is....

BTW, Gilligan's hometown is a dinky town here in VA where my son goes to college. He added some inferences to the town into the BB series....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          I'm watching it, and I binge-watched BB a while back, but I just don't think it's as great as everyone says it is....
                          Patience my friend! The first 4 or 5 episodes of Breaking Bad were almost like Abbott & Costello before the gears really kicked in. It'll happen.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Not that there's anything wrong with Bud & Lou. Love those guys.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Glad they got around to saying what " grounded" meant...I was a tad confused.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

The "Mike" episode a few weeks ago was fantastic. The last two weeks have been like watching a prequel to Matlock. Two episodes left. I say Jimmy's brother eats it in the finale.

Comment

Working...