X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

My best guesses at the moment?

Chuck deliberately let Ernesto hear the tape to somehow trap/punish Jimmy. This is a complicated and cunning plan that the writers are saying they took ages over and were very pleased with.

Somehow Chuck's actions get Kim put in jail pushing Jimmy to become Saul.

Ernesto is related to Fring. Fring kills Chuck.

The Cinnabon place is close to where Kim said she is from, it ends with a black and white scene where they meet could be happy or sad.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, since "Gene" couldn't help himself from yelling "You need to get a lawyer" at that shoplifter as the cops were dragging him away (at the Nebraska mall where the Cinnabon is) maybe the kid will take his advice and hire Kim as a lawyer, and that will somehow lead to how they eventually meet again in the "future"
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Ernesto does look like he could be related to Gus..interesting. Maybe he got into a law firm internship to protest his family history...so many possibilities..

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Good episode last night. I love how they are tying Gus and Mike together through their hatred of Hector..and the Jimmy/Chuck story line is great.Only wish I could netflix this and binge watch the whole thing.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
            Well, since "Gene" couldn't help himself from yelling "You need to get a lawyer" at that shoplifter as the cops were dragging him away (at the Nebraska mall where the Cinnabon is) maybe the kid will take his advice and hire Kim as a lawyer, and that will somehow lead to how they eventually meet again in the "future"
            The Gene stuff seems to just be in the first episode of each season.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
              Good episode last night. I love how they are tying Gus and Mike together through their hatred of Hector..and the Jimmy/Chuck story line is great.Only wish I could netflix this and binge watch the whole thing.
              Yeah I almost considered just waiting a couple of months and then watching it all at once, like a lot of people I binge watched most of BB so now I'm wondering if that's why the pacing on this seems a bit slow.

I can't be the only person that found the 9 minutes of Mike trailing people a bit too much at the start by around 6 minutes. The Jimmy stakeout in the restaurant was about 7 minutes or something, although it had some good moments.

Vince Gilligan and co have built up a massive amount of credit in my kudos account so I'll forgive a hell of a lot but some of this feels a bit self indulgent.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I got into Breaking Bad a little late, so I had to "binge watch" the first 4 seasons over one summer, and then watched the last season the same day the episodes were released (or the next day). It's not a bad way to watch a show.... at least you don't have time to completely forget something that happened four years ago, if the details are important in a later episode.

As far as the restaurant stakeout scene goes, I'm trying to figure out how that dude managed to get something out of his backpack while it was on the floor, but I doubt it was a mere coincidence that Gus just decided to sweep the floor at random at that exact moment. Somehow a transfer was made, and Gus managed to scoop it up into his dust pan without being seen. Probably a cash drop. Possibly drugs. Obviously couldn't be a big quantity of either, but this might be the beginning of Gus getting involved in that business.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Ill go back and watch but I dont think he did make a drop.It seemed like a setup so Gus could figure out who was tailing Hector..I think that will lead to him hiring Mike.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Yeah.Gus had an eye on Jimmy the entire time in the restaurant..Pretty obvious Jimmy was the only suit in the place eating and not very casual with the stares...that phone call Mike gets after finding the gas cap and phone will be from Gus.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

At first I thought it was meant to be that the bucket thing Gus pushed around had a door and they did the switch that way but I think it's actually that Gus just maybe whispered or made a signal that the swap was off because there was some guy in a suit 3 feet away staring at them like a lunatic.

Jimmy's recovery on the watch was good but to me it seemed like a rare fuck-up by the writers when they made him such a clutz unable to watch a guy with a bag without telegraphing it to the whole State...

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Better Call Saul

Like you guys, I am strongly considering trying to forget about this show, until it's over so I can binge watch it. If for no other reason than that's the way I prefer to watch shows these days.

I think they made Jimmy so obvious about watching that dude, on purpose. These writers don't make mistakes like that, without a purpose.

Any other good series you guys recommend binge watching? I just watched all the Ray Donovan's. Liked it up until he almost single handedly took out the entire Russian mafia.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

The sneakers bit was brilliant...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah genius, the most Breaking Bad thing in the show so far.

The way it all came together with the same doctor providing the meth who later on patches up Mike in BB, that big extended shot showing the super strict DEA checks in episode 8 of the last season so we know they are fucked.

It took me a day to get that that the start was a flash forward to when Fring has taken over and it's the same pair of shoes years later...

The Jimmy plotline is fine but I have to say that the Mike stuff is cooler at the moment.

Oh and any last doubts as to the total cuntiness of Chuck are gone.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              My best guesses at the moment?

Chuck deliberately let Ernesto hear the tape to somehow trap/punish Jimmy. This is a complicated and cunning plan that the writers are saying they took ages over and were very pleased with.

Somehow Chuck's actions get Kim put in jail pushing Jimmy to become Saul.

Ernesto is related to Fring. Fring kills Chuck.

The Cinnabon place is close to where Kim said she is from, it ends with a black and white scene where they meet could be happy or sad.
                              Ok well #1 looks sound, it's also possible that the Chuck cuntiness extends to fucking over Kim too. The montage of her sleeping at the office was maybe to show that she is already working at 100% so having to take on Jimmy's case too will push her over the edge.

She should maybe take on some help like young Ernesto as there must be money coming in?
                              Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-26-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If Jimmy ends up being disbarred because of the legal troubles Chuck got him into, that could be reason enough to open another law practice under a different name. He might have to forge some documents so they say "Saul Goodman" instead of "James McGill". Or else hope nobody ever checks (like Mike Ross on "Suits")
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...