No announcement yet.

Better Call Saul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I kind of thought Mike was going to attempt to take out Salamaca by way of passing a bullet through Nacho. Especially after Nacho was so quick to put his hand on his gun at the slightest sign of a disagreement. Mike knows he's a potential powder keg, even though they've worked together.

I too had hoped for a bit more gusto in the episode. I do have a feeling that they'll ratchet things up for season 3. Timeline-wise, I don't see them going beyond 4 seasons, right?

Comment

• I've heard them say they want to do 4 or 5 seasons.

There is nothing to stop them doing a season beyond Breaking Bad with Cinnabon Jimmy/Saul/Gene in Omaha.

They left themselves a little hook when Kim mentioned in her interview for the other legal firm that she grew up in Nebraska.

An ending possibility is Jimmy does something that gets Kim debarred, she leaves then later in the post Breakinmg Bad timeline she walks into the Cinnabon where Jimmy/Gene is working. The writers won't have decided that or much else yet but they leave themselves things in the shows so that they can use them later if needed.

Comment

• Only problem they face, which isn't really a problem, is that in 2 years, Mike is going to look quite a bit older than his future self did in 2010. He's like a real life Benjamin Button in their universe.

Comment

• Yeah the rest of them seem to have been made up to try and look a bit younger - maybe he is meant to have the weight of the world on him at this point.

Comment

• ‘Better Call Saul’ Confirms Gus Easter Egg, Will He Return in Season 3?

The age of crowd-sourcing TV mysteries has put some fans further ahead of the curve than most showrunners would like, something Better Call Saul bosses Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould apparently learned the hard way. A Season 2 finale easter egg has seemingly been confirmed, but will it lead to the full-on return of Gus Fring in Better Call Saul Season 3?

You’re warned of minor Better Call Saul spoilers from here on out, but it seems Redditors and other fans can officially take off their tin-foil hats for deducing that Season 2's episode titles (re-arranged) form the message “F-R-I-N-G-S-B-A-C-K,” something showrunners Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould reluctantly confirmed toward the end of an interview with Rich Eisen.

Monday’s Season 2 finale stopped short of actually reintroducing Giancarlo Esposito’s infamous character, though it’s at least speculated that a note left on Mike’s car was the work of the famous “Chicken Man.” An interview with HitFix saw Gilligan acknowledge the potential for Gus to appear in Season 3, though fans picking out the clue early changed their thinking a bit:

"We report this a bit sheepishly: we truly did not realize how smart our fans are. That is to our detriment. We thought that we would have more control of this little puzzle we put into the titles where we thought that today, Peter could Tweet, “Hey guys, check out the titles of this season! You might find something interesting embedded in them.” That way, as people were asking the question — “Who could have left that message in the windshield of Mike’s car?” — the little clue could have pointed to an answer to that. But because these folks are so smart, and because they got ahead of us, they changed the story on us, suddenly it looks to the world like, “Oh, man, Gus should have been in that episode. That was a bit of a bait-and-switch!” The clue got out way before the intended time for it to get out.

It was never the intention for Gus to be in that episode. And to take it a step further, people should not assume in any way, shape, or form that they’ll see Gus in the first episode of next season. It’s possible they will. It’s also possible, if not more possible, they won’t. Gus is a character, as we know from Breaking Bad, who casts a very long shadow, and has a great many agents doing his bidding. He’s a guy who’s very hard for Walter White to pin down when Walt met him, and I think that will continue to be the case. That is his character, as I understand it. He is not a guy who reveals himself very quickly.
            We’ll likely learn over the next few months, if indeed Giancarlo Esposito signs to reprise his famous role, but how much of Gus’ particular brand of menace can we expect from Better Call Saul? Stay tuned for the latest on Season 2 and beyond.

Read More: 'Better Call Saul' Confirms Gus Easter Egg for Season 3 | http://screencrush.com/better-call-s...ckback=tsmclip

Comment

• Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-14-2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• FRING FRING!

Teaser trailer for the new season...

Comment

• Great stuff!

Now I want some damn chicken.

Comment

• Goddamn do I miss Peruvian chicken...
                    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-15-2017, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• Los Pollos Hermanos Restaurant Is Coming to NYC

time.com
                      Breaking Bad's Los Pollos Hermanos Restaurant Is Pretty Real
                      Megan McCluskey

After stops in Austin and Los Angeles, the Los Pollos Hermanos pop-up restaurant is on its way to New York City to celebrate the debut of Breaking Bad kingpin Gus Fring in the upcoming third season of Better Call Saul.

The infamous fast food chain will be open to the public on April 9 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and April 10 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. as a lead-up to the show's premiere at 10 p.m. Monday. Although there's no official menu for the 243 Pearl Street pop-up, fans will be able to sample the fictitious restaurant's delicious new curly fries, which are guaranteed to be "prepared with love and care and delivered with a friendly smile."

Fring's return was first teased back in January with a fake commercial that featured Giancarlo Esposito — who plays the sinister drug lord — promoting Los Pollos with an eerily upbeat greeting.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Looking forward to this season...the ground work has been laid.

Comment

• I thought episode 1 was beautifully shot but I wish they would pick the pace up a little.

Binge watching it would be fine but it's a bit frustrating only that amount happening each week. Imagine you watched this without already seeing previous episodes or BB?
                                Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-14-2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X