Eddie Van Halen to speak at Smithsonian Instituion on February 12.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    Why don't you fags just call Dave and ask him if you can suck his dick?
    Is that the big project Dave was blabbering on about? Dial-a-suck?

"Hey rock music and roller coaster fans - Diamond Dave at your service! Wanna prove to everybody that you're the biggest Classic Van Halen or DLR fan?? Then call 1-800-SUCK-DLR! My trusty assistant Thunder Balls will film the whole thing and upload it to the world wide web for you to show all those other guys that YOU are my biggest fan. Well, after me of course, cause we all I know I'm my biggest fan. But I can't suck myself so get on those phones!

And if you're one of those message board super fly biggest fan tactical ninja walking DLR/Van Halen encyclopenises, make sure you ask about the DLR I'm Gonna Fuck Your Girlfriend special offer!! That's right, for just a few bucks more Thunder Balls will video me banging your fat old lady while you stare through my bedroom window! I'll even put on a cool wig and it'll be just like 1984 all over again! Bozdey bozdey bop - no fat chicks on top!

But you better act fast cause me and VH are about to start up our megapalooza world wide whores and boozuh super flash mega tour! That's right - we're gonna do 3,000 shows in just 7 months and we're gonna visit all 9,000 countries on the planet! So call now!!!"
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

I think you guys are reading way too much into Dave's media blackout!

Probably a simple case of shutting it down to redesign everything or the people who run it were fired or quit!

Dave's said numerous times he doesn't use social media and is pretty computer illiterate!

Most fan pages are ran by someone other than the artist, afterall!
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Dick sucking and black ops speculation aside... this is a cool picture!

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
          I think you guys are reading way too much into Dave's media blackout!

Probably a simple case of shutting it down to redesign everything or the people who run it were fired or quit!

Dave's said numerous times he doesn't use social media and is pretty computer illiterate!

Most fan pages are ran by someone other than the artist, afterall!
          You, sir, are incorrect! I've been in close personal and top secret 7th level scientology contact with Dave for months now. And he told me he was quitting the bidness because some guy named kwama or karma or kwame said he wouldn't buy the next VH record! He even went so far in one of his rants as to tell me that he was gonna shave his fuckin head if this so-called "kwame" character didn't retract his statements. I tried to talk him out of it but, well, you all know how Dave is and the next thing I hear on the phone is Dave pulling an Ed and the sound of clippers and tears...

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

I'm still gonna bootleg the fuck outta that album!

Tell Dave to suck it up, buttercup! No one gets out alive
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
              I'm still gonna bootleg the fuck outta that album!
              I gots my CD/DVD burner all dusted off after 3 years of sitting dormant here in the Roth Army Recording Studios...ready to crank out the copies as fast as my limited attention span will allow me to. But I will NOT check each and every copy this time. A man can only sit through that solo so many times in his lifetime and honestly I get really bored really fast.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                Dick sucking and black ops speculation aside... this is a cool picture!

Same guy, the original guitar, different wood panel background some 37 years earlier.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  I gots my CD/DVD burner all dusted off after 3 years of sitting dormant here in the Roth Army Recording Studios...ready to crank out the copies as fast as my limited attention span will allow me to. But I will NOT check each and every copy this time. A man can only sit through that solo so many times in his lifetime and honestly I get really bored really fast.
                  Actually I'm too lazy to even bootleg it! I'll wait ( ) until someone syncs it up with the multi-cam HD footage already out there and probably just watch it once!

That's the extent of my caring about a live album!

Comment

• TitanTopper
                    Groupie
                    • Mar 2012

I thought Ed was great!! He sounded humble, healthy and in a good place. Is it just me or does "this" photo look like a Madame Trousseau exhibit? Now, we just need Dave back with the boyz creating and releasing NEW music!!
                    ROCK ON!!
                    "Hey man, that suit is you!!"

Comment

• TitanTopper
                      Groupie
                      • Mar 2012

image.jpg

Sorry...This photo.
                      Last edited by TitanTopper; 02-14-2015, 01:19 PM.
                      "Hey man, that suit is you!!"

Comment

• mh5150
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Mar 2010

GET READY...

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                          Looks like Eddie has gone into Van Liar mode again. It's along the line of his other famous sayings:

If Gary's in, he's in for life.

Baby steps

I need a hip replacement this year. (Which he said in 1996, but didn't do until 5+ years later)

We can't tour without a new album. (Which he did TWICE!)

Jesus fuckin' H Christ I could go on forever with this.
                          Exactly why I won't click on the interview. I wouldn't believe 3/4's of anything this guy say's at this point.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                            Exactly why I won't click on the interview. I wouldn't believe 3/4's of anything this guy say's at this point.
                            I'd say it was 3/4 believable, 1/4 revisionist. Not as bad a ratio one might expect.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                              You're missing a great opportunity to see Ed being Ed... and just talking about his life's journey. There's no band hype and bullshit...

You should watch the video... it's worth an hour's time wasted.
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Good point Zah. His family and school stories are from the heart.

They had enough prep time for this thing. That would have been cool if there was a big screen behind him showing images that pertained to the stories. That shot of the family on the boat ride over is sensational.

Comment

Working...