Eddie Van Halen to speak at Smithsonian Instituion on February 12.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Some real press on Ed's DC visit and a short interview...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      Some real press on Ed's DC visit and a short interview...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-11-11-54-13
      This is good recognition for Ed, I think. I don't think he cares what rock critics think, but this is a different level of affirmation.

It might even make him a bit more aware that what he has done in his life is worth celebrating a bit more. And that the legacy of CVH should not be sort of brushed aside, as sometimes seems to be the case with his unwillingness to open the (possibly mythical) vaults.

I like it that he's going to reflect on his experience in this kind of forum - The Smithsonian - and hope that there's more to follow. Documentaries, books, retrospectives ...
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by chefcraig
        Hmmm...do ya think he will mention that part about curing himself of tongue cancer by drinking wine, or the bit about getting it the first place by putting metal picks in his mouth? I still can not understand how the majority of the American population uses metal forks and spoons to eat each day with seemingly no side-effects, yet this knucklehead plays a few dates on a tour and becomes afflicted.
        I'm betting the raise I probably won't get on him telling the 'Al was playing my drums while I was out delivering newspapers to pay for them' story. Any takers?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by VHscraps
          And that the legacy of CVH should not be sort of brushed aside, as sometimes seems to be the case with his unwillingness to open the (possibly mythical) vaults.

The mythical what?

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

The mythical what?
            Yeah, without the myth where'd we be? Still in the primordial soup!

Ed has 'ten albums in the can' could - and I say could - could sound a bit like, 'yeah - I swear! Saw the fucker!!! Bigfoot. Sasquatch. Dude was carrying, like, ten albums ...'
            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
              To represent the path of progressions in his instrument designs, a Stealth finished EVH Brand Wolfgang will also be included to represent his modern-day workhorse.

In addition to the guitars, Van Halen and Fender Musical Instruments Corp. will donate an EVH Brand 5150-III amplifier and speaker cabinet to embody the journey and progression of his amplifier designs from the early '70s through the modern day.
              It's a shame that everything has to be turned into a commercial...

Comment

• fraroc
                Commando
                • Jun 2012

So much for "Wolfie is the only reason VH still tours", it seems that Eddie wants to tour the most out of all of them.
                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

What was that again?!?

This guy.jpg
                  I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• VetteLS5
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by fraroc
                    So much for "Wolfie is the only reason VH still tours", it seems that Eddie wants to tour the most out of all of them.
                    You got THAT from 1 sentence (note: not even a quote) written by some AP clown who decided that Jump and Why Can't This Suck Balls were the two most worthy of mention songs?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Hat tip to DRFC at the Links....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                        Full Member Status

• May 2010

It is always interesting to hear what a first generation American has to say about America ( even if a small child when arriving here) especially when offered some kind of award or recognition of some society who honors in the truest sense accomplishments of people who fit this scenario of living in America. Persons who are first generation Americans, jumped up above the other heads to look around and stayed there lol.

It will be interesting to hear a man speak who writes poetry prose song for a living obviously understanding words and public speaking (thru a wall of 45 marshal amps lol) but maybe isn't the best at addressing a group and just giving a speech.

I want to see this when posted.
                        2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                        clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Only news so far - Wolf, repeat WOLF, is putting an album out by the end of the year.....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            Only news so far - Wolf, repeat WOLF, is putting an album out by the end of the year.....
                            Interesting.
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• VetteLS5
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Angel
                              Interesting.
                              meh...

Comment

• fraroc
                                Commando
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by VetteLS5
                                You got THAT from 1 sentence (note: not even a quote) written by some AP clown who decided that Jump and Why Can't This Suck Balls were the two most worthy of mention songs?
                                First of all, Jump is one of my favorite VH songs and I have no idea why it seems to be the most hated CVH song. Why? Because it has keyboards? Fuck that bullshit, it's still a good song.
                                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

Working...