X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
    Well nice to see everyone isn't completely throwing Dave under the bus. Just remember all you Judas's...Dave has likely been asking to release Live Material since the early days. Now that he had a poor showing during the latest tour VH finally decides it's time?
    Yeah we all love Dave, but pick a better show/tour where everyone was good. Dave had a bad tour. So hey let's release that as the definitive live album ?? Yeah that's smart ! But hey Mikes not on it. And that's why we get this. 08 would have been good. I guess that's too old for Ed.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Right. Because the Van Halen's are throwing Dave under the bus. They know they were the weak link in 07/08. Now they know Dave is. They probably figure the worse Dave sounds, the better they sound.

These guys are going to get fucking crucified for this release.
      Going too get ? We are past that. And not just here. This release might put Dave out of a job on a stage for good. Maybe that's what the sisters want. What else would it be ? Did Dave lose his hearing ? That might explain his singing on this tour and him giving the o.k. for this release.

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
        Going too get ? We are past that. And not just here.
        Oh, I'm not even talking about here. Wait until radio plays this stuff.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Oh, I'm not even talking about here. Wait until radio plays this stuff.

That's where they're gonna get their rude awakening, even in their backwards way of thinking....

The diehards giving it horrible reviews on two websites is one thing, but then when it hits mainstream rock radio, it's really gonna get bad, because then blogs and rock websites are really gonna bash it....

Maybe Dave will finally listen then.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            That's where they're gonna get their rude awakening, even in their backwards way of thinking....

The diehards giving it horrible reviews on two websites is one thing, but then when it hits mainstream rock radio, it's really gonna get bad, because then blogs and rock websites are really gonna bash it....

Maybe Dave will finally listen then.....
            There's another site giving it bad reviews?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

There's another site giving it bad reviews?
              Dude, it's worse over there, believe it....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Dude, it's worse over there, believe it....
                Well, that's expected from the Redheads.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Well, that's expected from the Redheads.

Yeah, except it's the Dave guys too....

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Yeah, except it's the Dave guys too....
                    Hey, I'm a Dave guy too. But I'm not sugarcoating this travesty. They would have gotten a free pass from me if they had thrown us a bone by including an old show with this. But to call this their "Definitive Live Album" is just a slap in the face to a fan like me. They must think we are pretty fucking stupid, and let's face it, we have been for a lot of years. They've gotten away with a lot, but I don't think they're going to get away with this one. I truly think the backlash will be as bad, if not worse, than the Cherone thing.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                      Going too get ? We are past that. And not just here. This release might put Dave out of a job on a stage for good. Maybe that's what the sisters want. What else would it be ? Did Dave lose his hearing ? That might explain his singing on this tour and him giving the o.k. for this release.
                      That's a bit of hyperbole. Losing his job? Based on what? What everyone knew? Ease up you vermin...lol. We have heard this whole show or have you forgotten. Overall ok, with some good to very good moments from Dave and some like Panama and DTNA not so good, maybe even poor.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• fraroc
                        Commando
                        • Jun 2012

RANT: I am DONE with the Van Halen fans.

There.

I finally said it.

FUCK. THE. VAN. HALEN. FANS.

Well, maybe not fuck all the fans, I should be more specific, Fuck the idiots that have infiltrated the Van Halen fanbase and made it their home.

Now don't get me wrong, I will always love Van Halen. They will always be among one of my favorite bands with KISS, Rush, Kansas, Motley Crue, Sabbath, Ozzy and others. But I simply just do NOT want to identify as a Van Halen fan anymore. Why? Heh....Can it be more obvious? Look around at all the Youtube videos. The negative comments of these fucking idiot fans complaining about David Lee Roth and "DURR WHY ISN'T THERE SAMMY DAVE SUKKS" Now, I'd gladly write these assholes off as trolls, but the thing is just this. These idiots seemed to have completley fucking innudaded the VH fanbase, these hate comments are the fucking majority.

I've said this MANY times before. These same morons BEGGED in 2006 for Eddie to get David Lee Roth back in the band and to make a new album. They give us BOTH of those things. And now, they're begging for Sammy to return. Realistically from an unbiased standpoint, it will never fucking happen. Eddie has made it clear that the Van Hagar ship has sailed.

And another thing, why the fuck are people forgetting NOW that Dave was never exactly fucking Luciano Pavarotti live? Even in his goddamn PRIME he was never that great of a singer. His talents reside in showmanship and being a fucking amazing charismatic frontman. Look at US Fest 1983, one of the best Van Halen concerts judging from how much fun they were having that night. Dave sounded like absolute fucking dogshit that concert. He sounded SO bad that when MTV broadcasted Running With The Devil, Pretty Woman, and You Really Got Me from that show they had to seriously overdub his vocals.

And guess what, IT NEVER FUCKING MATTERED that Dave didn't sound great live, at least not back then! Why now is everyone a fucking micromanaging over-analyzing Nazi over his voice? Seriously, why now?
                        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Well hey it's well deserved. Dave coming out on tour not sounding good is one thing. Trying too finish the tour even though they didn't is another. Releasing a live album of this tour ( so called definitive ! ) is another. I think between this and the mix on A.D.K.O.T. they are all fucking deaf !!! Management ( whomever that is ) included !

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

It won't be that bad, that's nearly impossible....

But it definitely will be bad, and the sad thing is, we've all saw it coming for 3 years now unless Dave stopped his yelping...

And who knows? Maybe at his age Dave simply can't sustain his normal register anymore for that long....

In listening to the Youtube vids, it does appear, in retrospect since they knew they were recording, that Dave does give it the old college try to stay in register more than he had done during the ADKOT tour...

But when he doesn't, oh boy, it's bad, and he's gonna get fried for it....

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Hey, I'm a Dave guy too. But I'm not sugarcoating this travesty. They would have gotten a free pass from me if they had thrown us a bone by including an old show with this. But to call this their "Definitive Live Album" is just a slap in the face to a fan like me. They must think we are pretty fucking stupid, and let's face it, we have been for a lot of years. They've gotten away with a lot, but I don't think they're going to get away with this one. I truly think the backlash will be as bad, if not worse, than the Cherone thing.
                              Some lacky probably threw that definitive tag on for shits and giggles and look at the effect. VH probably doesn't have anyone really steering the ship. Better to call it a poor to middling showing with a lackluster albeit large crowd
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                                That's a bit of hyperbole. Losing his job? Based on what? What everyone knew? Ease up you vermin...lol. We have heard this whole show or have you forgotten. Overall ok, with some good to very good moments from Dave and some like Panama and DTNA not so good, maybe even poor.
                                Poor sales, and poor attendance cost Cherone his job with the brothers. When they're playing to half full houses, the shit is going to hit the fan. These are some big ego's we're talking about here. I know you're delusional, and still looking through your Dave goggles, but reality is going to settle in for them, and you.

Comment

Working...