Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

He plays pretty good half way hammered though...

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
      while ed looks totally hammered...
      No, this is totally hammered...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        No, this is totally hammered...
        this is totally beyond everything...compared to this dave is singing like pavarotti...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• VHscraps
          Veteran
          • Jul 2009

VH live album - OFFICIAL

Originally posted by chefcraig
          Interesting little tidbit in the liner notes: "All songs Van Halen/Roth except noted below (meaning Oh Pretty Woman and You Really Got Me)". So much for any forthcoming revenue to Mike Anthony....
          Noticed that. And was curious what the implications were. That credit appeared on ADKOT, too, and I wondered if it was a compromise reached by DLR and EVH, whereby it might still look like the 'Van Halen' part of the equation refers to the so-called Three Twins, i.e., makes it look as if Alex and Wolf were co-writers.

Bur not in this case. Wolf did not co-write any six-pack tunes, so that songwriting credit just seems confusing. Those songs are not (or WERE NOT) 'Van Halen/Roth' compositions, but Anthony/ Roth/ Van Halen/Van Halen (listed alphabetically here)

Maybe Mike is all signed up to this new songwriting credit, and is covered by it - or has done some deal to transfer his copyright (highly unlikely, I'd think)? If not, time to call the lawyers ...
          Last edited by VHscraps; 04-02-2015, 04:28 PM.
          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

I thought MA sold his coywrite years ago to get out of his VH contract and play with The Other Half...or whatever they were called..Hagars band ?

I read something like that here.
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• VHscraps
              Veteran
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
              I thought MA sold his coywrite years ago to get out of his VH contract and play with The Other Half...or whatever they were called..Hagars band ?

I read something like that here.
              I think he just gave up his right to use the VH brand to sell his wares, etc. He is still co-writer of all those CVH tunes, as far ad publishing goes (although I think he was removed from some 1984 song credits)
              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by VHscraps
                I think he just gave up his right to use the VH brand to sell his wares, etc. He is still co-writer of all those CVH tunes, as far ad publishing goes (although I think he was removed from some 1984 song credits)
                Thanks.

We (I) need to see the song writing credits on the re-masters on sale today and see if he is listed..?

That should answer my question.
                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• WACF
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

This is so good it's classic already...

The amazing thing is Dave looks about 30 years younger...

So WTF...Dave trying too hard now?

Seems that way...or he is just done.

Heard an interview with Micheal Sweet...said of the bands he'd like to produce Van Halen is one of them.
                  He figures Dave still has it...just needs to tone it down.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

This is so good it's classic already...

The amazing thing is Dave looks about 30 years younger...
                    The amazing thing is your u-turn.

You bitched and whined on here all day every day about that tour.

I guess it's your 'personality'.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      Best Buy and Barnes & Noble in the city don't have it. New York fucking City. Way to push the product fellas. It's bad enough those are my only choices left for music shopping besides on-line. Technology can go fuck it's self. I'm goin' to bed. Angry.
                      Ya know, you were not kidding. First Barnes and Noble...no luck, even though it was listed on their website. Target, no dice. Finally, Best Buy. There, I DID get it for $13.99.

Found a weird Rolling Stones 2 CD, 1 DVD set from 1981, as well. It is a copy of that pay-per-view from all those years ago when Keef whacked a stage attacker with his guitar and kept on playing.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Southpaw
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2009

I bought this live album yesterday at Best Buy ( I couldn't even find it, I had to ask if they had it, the CD was buried on the bottom shelf with a couple of copies of remastered VH1 and 1984). This is on Long Island not Frogs Balls Arkansas. I thought it would be displayed on a endcap or something. I was dissapointed with that. Then I put it in my car stereo , hit play and then the real dissapointment set in. Holy shit. I cant believe that was the best they could produce. I love Dave with VH like the next person but damn! Like other people said I can scroll you tube and make a better CD myself. What the fuck were they thinking. Maybe when I'm driving to the Poconos tomorrow night to meet my family I'll turn the volume to stun and it will sound better. This has all the makings of a cash grab to me. I think I'll pass on the show when they come to Long Island in August. I'd hate to miss my younger sons tournament game for that. I hope 20 people rip my ass and tell me I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. That may make me feel a little better. I haven't even read what other people are saying about this CD. I am not a music producer but the mixing is terrible. Dave has sounded alot better than on this recording. Ed is far from spot on. Maybe I was expecting too much. If this is the best they can come up with I am not impressed. I would be amazed if they sell 25,000 hard copies in the first week with the way it was displayed. It did come with lyrics on the inside sleeve. I think the Wolfie era is over. So is this rambling rant.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister

You bitched and whined on here all day every day about that tour.
                          I bitch and whine about everything, you little baby...

Now shaddup...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Southpaw
                            This has all the makings of a cash grab to me.
                            yep...

Can't tell that to Sesh though...

He thinks it's fun...

To get ripped off...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I bitch and whine about everything, you little baby...

Now shaddup...
                              Tell me one more time to shaddup and I'll shut you up.

Comment

• lesfunk
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I listened to the album again last night in its entirety and understand more of what Sesh and some others have said.
                                Now it's very easy to pick this record apart and find the ugliness. God knows there's enough to go around.
                                As a document of the evening, a place in time, the album actually works . I don't think its going down in history as a classic or even particularly memorable album but it is honest and the band is pretty burning on much of it.
                                Eddies playing some really good EVH guitar on this and he really carries it musically. And I admit that I really like wolfgangs playing. He takes liberty with the recorded bass parts but does a great job of putting his thumbprint on the songs and makes it work.
                                Tha record isn't an abomination but Dave needs to work harder. This time, he's the weak musical link. He needs to study his 2007/2008 performances and adjust accordingly. If he can do that Van Halen can be mighty once again.
                                http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Working...