Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

How's about a better version of I'm The One?

Clickity Click Mofos
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Meh...

It sucks too...

Comment

• ThatGuy1
        Full On Cocktard
        • Jul 2013

Embarrassing. I am shocked they released this. Wow. Just awful.
        Last edited by ThatGuy1; 03-04-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Meh...

It sucks too...
          E - I know you ain't gonna like because you don't like the Punks. You ol' HATER you!

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Sounds brown, doesn't it...

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              E - I know you ain't gonna like because you don't like the Punks. You ol' HATER you!

C'mon dude, listen to the intro guitar...

What riff is he playing there, because it's certainly not I'm The One...

Edwad can even play that one drunk...

Comment

• fraroc
                Commando
                • Jun 2012

What are we the army of now?
                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  Sounds brown, doesn't it...
                  That's RACIST!! Now go get vaccinated and when you get back I'll have your Atomic Punks T Shirt and Super Fan Club Kit ready for you!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
                    Who cares, so long as we're winning the fight.

Comment

• philouze
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2004

Comment

• philouze
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
                        We?
                        You're on your own, son. Thought you would've figured that out by now...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          So, I just listened to RWTD and Panama on my 10 speaker system in my Ram, at full volume. What a horrible mix. They put zero effort into production. Al is fucking buried.

A live album is supposed to make you want to go see the band live. If I were VH, I wouldn't release this album to radio. The general public will not want to go see this band after hearing this.

FACT!!
                          I blasted it in my studio. The mix especially Al's drums is awful... Al's so far back in the mix it sounds like he phoned it in from across the street or a bad mix on surround sound when the center channel goes out. Even during the quiet section of the break-down during Panama when Dave's easing the seat back it sounds like Al is playing in another room... you have to strain to hear his snare drum pop... pathetic!!
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• philouze
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2004

This is audio terrorism.
                            VH has become the AlQaida of Rock.
                            Any thoughts, Dave?

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by FORD
                              Here's my two cents....

You know, I still buy Rolling Stones live albums. I don't expect them to measure up to "A Brussels Affair", and know goddamned well that they will never make a record that sounds like that again.

Difference there, of course, is that the Stones actually RELEASED "A Brussels Affair". Granted, it took them 40 fucking years to do it, and still didn't make it easy to obtain, with no CD release, so you were limited (legally) to shitty MP3 files (in the US of course) or to a ridiculously priced vinyl version ($700, last I checked). But I found the FLACs that were sold legitimately in all the other countries NOT ruled by corporate fascism

So I own that album. And I own the album they released from the Hyde Park show at their 50th anniversary show last year. And there's no question which one I like better. But thanks, Mick & Keith, for putting them BOTH out there for the fans to listen to.

This is the message they need to hear up on Howdy Doody Mountain. Put this album out? Sure, why not? But we all know damn well there's an official live album already in the can from 1981 tour (scrapped at the 11th hour, causing the forced recording of Diver Down).

So enough already, Eddie. Open the goddamned archives like every other aging rock star has.

Oh, and if your ridiculous dispute with Sobolewski is the cause of this leaving the vault doors slammed shut, then you both need to GROW THE FUCK UP ALREADY AND GET OVER IT. Wolfie's clearly got other interests, and wants to be in a band with guys closer to his own age. Can't blame him for that. Let him go, with your full blessings, and do what's right for the band, for fucks sake.

Originally posted by Droomer5150
                              See this is the type of rage I like to see! If they want to release tokyo live, then release it, if anyone doesn't like it then they just shouldn't buy it...but then open the vault and start unleashing live VH in their prime! Imagine VH released Oakland 81 first then released Tokyo Dome live, TD wouldn't even sell at all. Trying to follow up that with a modern release (that doesn't have Anthony either) would be suicide. It at least has the novelty interest of being Daves only official live album (so far). Maybe there's hope for the vaults to open now.
                              REALLY........ Lieutenant???? Cause I can find 150 comments by you in this thread that differ 180 degrees from what YOU just wrote.

Most of these comments of yours translate to, Ed hurt my pussy, I hate Ed, Dave is a bad man stole my lunch money,,,etc,.

Hey, do me a favor try to find a personality and stick with just that one, kissing ass depending on who/what was written by the poster before you.. like this.. is just not very...well,,,you know.....baddass.
                              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• philouze
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2004

Clara, don't hurt his feelings. He might turn into a Fraroc.

Comment

Working...