• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckjitsu
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Jimmy Page
    Hello all

May I remind you that the newly remastered Physical Graffiti will be released on the twenty-fourth of this month?

Best,
    JPP
    Hey Jim Pat, love ya, but I have about as much interest in this as Percy does in reuniting the Zeppelin.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jimmy Page
      Hello all

May I remind you that the newly remastered Physical Graffiti will be released on the twenty-fourth of this month?

Best,
      JPP
      How about a DVD of the Earl's Court gig from 1975 as a "bonus" on that one?

I know Kristy would love to see that.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• atomicpnk47
        Head Fluffer
        • Feb 2007

If this shit's true I'm not touching it. Without anything new? or even a DVD included? Forget it you lazy bastards.....

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by atomicpnk47
          if this shit's true i'm not touching it. Without anything new? Or even a dvd included? Forget it you lazy bastards.....
          bingo !!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

The no DVD is too much to bear...the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Maybe this is just part of what's coming? This cant be it.
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• 78/84 guy
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2005

Yeah that's all I wanted. A DVD of old (that was never going to, or will happen with Mike on it) or a good newer show. That would be 08 after Ed got on track & Dave could still sing. These guys are just clueless man. I won't lie, I will pick up whatever it is, but it will probably collect dust after I get bored with it in a few weeks. Sadly the only way we will get the holly grail of VH ( old footage ) is when Ed is gone from this earth. I will be 60 and couldn't care less anymore. lol. Amazing too me what an asshole Ed is about the bands past. The band that made him rich as hell because of people like us. Now he couldn't give a fuck about giving us a little payback. If this is all they have too offer after a few years maybe Dave should jump ship again ! No pun intended. I hope they really don't think this is a big deal. Pathetic if they do.
              Last edited by 78/84 guy; 02-04-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Still...it's live Van Halen. It's cool if its part of a bunch of stuff coming. Not so much if its all we are getting for 2 years
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

3 years. Don't forget, they're in James Bond mode. Something (if anything) will happen every 3 years. And not a minute earlier!

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                    I didn't know you could see video on radio. I don't think it's called Mullet Radio.
                    Well. there is a "Mullet Radio" on Shoutcast.

Your Roku player still sucks.

Comment

• mdk1967
                      Roadie
                      • Feb 2004

...Been back and forth from here VHlLinks, VHND and VHTrading over the last couple of days.
                      Does anyone think that this mess might have to do with some idiot(s) at Warner Bros. making decisions from a board room meeting than it has to do with decision making of the band itself? I wonder.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        In all fairness, the vitriol at the Links isn't that much less tame.... It's on page 41....
                        Look at Va directing "traffic" to the Links now! You should change your username to Va Links VH Fan!

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          3 years. Don't forget, they're in James Bond mode. Something (if anything) will happen every 3 years. And not a minute earlier!
                          After three years of silence, Edward Van Halen, in a broad announcement, reminds us all to have our cats spayed and our dogs neutered...

Seriously...no DVD, no archival material...shit, ya can find better stuff on Youtube (like that amazing take of "Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers" from Brazil) fer free. At least gimme a god-damned booklet of liner notes, a bumper sticker, water-based tattoo or some rolling papers in the package, you fucking jugheads. Shit, this looks to be "Best Of Both Worlds Revisited", minus the three crappy as all hell Sam/Ed throwaways tacked onto it. For which we should all be thankful.

I still doubt it will see the light of day. In an era where even knobs like Jethro Tull can grasp the insight of enlightening their fan base with old footage and material, Van Halen have yet to leave the cave and discover fire, let alone cooked meat and bathing.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            Look at Va directing "traffic" to the Links now! You should change your username to Va Links VH Fan!

Hahaha, nah man, at this point all I wanna do is talk Roth-led Van Halen, nothing more, nothing less....

I ignore the sheep and stay in their Main forum....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              In an era where even knobs like Jethro Tull can grasp the insight of enlightening their fan base with old footage and material, Van Halen have yet to leave the cave and discover fire, let alone cooked meat and bathing.
                              Where do you come up with these gems??
                              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                                The no DVD is too much to bear...the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Maybe this is just part of what's coming? This cant be it.
                                Remember, we are dealing with two brother who hired Sammy Hagar in 1985: history shows that they do not make wise decisions........
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...