Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,280 of 1780

Thread: VH live album - OFFICIAL

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    He's a 67 year old who had a pretty good run in the music business and was a pretty successful self made businessman. He still out making music and frankly looking pretty good, happy, and healthy at his age. What are you doing now?
    I'm wondering whether to spit out or swallow the little bit of sick in my mouth after reading this...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    06-21-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Here's the opener.....

Overlay that into a three or four camera video recording of the show add some reverb, or just hit "concert hall" or whatever simple boost setting your stereo has and hey !! could be fantastic.

awesome thanks.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Vocals be dammed, there is nothing like a good quality live recording of Unchained to open the show....

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Vocals be dammed, there is nothing like a good quality live recording of Unchained to open the show....
    yeah I agree. Dave is good here...a couple of iffy spots but solid. Better than the other songs for sure

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-08-2020 @ 05:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks

With any luck they will release one after this record hits the stores.

Ok, I kid... it is definitely the best opening song ever.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

With all the video out there of CVH VH DLR and every other band since what ? 1979 or so.. it is nice to me to hear "live music" without the stimulation of a visual performance, along with the sound.

Granted this type of release would be sharper tighter and significantly stronger even perhaps more unified, IN IT'S EXCITEMENT, if done with a CHV line up from 1979 ish..if you all catch my drift...(time machine needed)

I am however weird like that non-overdubbed live for perhaps the first time in history...no fancy additions to pretty it all up..I'm down like that.(refer back to line 2 if questioning line 3)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Hearing that live at the show never gets old...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

OK, I'll buy this load of whatever, yet they better include me a T-shirt as on the last release. Fuck, I warned my boss beforehand that I would wear it the day ADKOT came out (we have a strict collar shirt-like policy), and she was cool with it.

Gimme a shirt on the deluxe release, motherfuckers! Just don't make me drive halfway across the county (like last time) to purchase one at some distant Walmart-Supermart-Only joint, ya dickheads. Fuck, overheated visits to FOUR stores...call me a dedicated shithead, yet I DID find that shirt and bonus DVD after much extendnded driving and gas usage.

Put me through that bullshit again, and I'll print up a bunch of "Van Halen Believes Cops Are Fags" bumper stickers and apply them wherever appropriate or not.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

By the way, here are Jeff's comments on the live album he just posted (sorry for the copy Jeff, but you can always get your butt over here and post them yourself... )

================================================== =======

Record company overnighted me the album and have been listening to it for the last 48 hours. It is KILLER!

I think you will all be happily surprised when you hear the whole thing, now that you have already heard Panama. Panama is the ONLY song I am skipping. I think Panama was a terrible choice for a first single because of Dave's singing during those couple lines. It's the "Tattoo" of the live album.

I'm telling you guys it's great!

And my opinion just so happens to exactly match the opinion of the only other guy I know that has heard the whole thing right now… he's a guy in the music industry. He said the same thing that I'm saying...he's been loving it, and thinks those bad lines in "Panama" ruin Panama, but overall, the album is great. And now that I have it, I agree.

I think history will look FONDLY at this live album. It's not VH Oakland '81 (and that's fine, because something from the old days will probably come later, anyway). This is a fine representation of the band during the last few years.

When listening, change the quality setting to 720p. It's still just an MP3, but it will sound better at 720p than at YouTube's default setting of 360p.

10. 2 users say thank you to Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

Jetstream (03-20-2015),katina (03-20-2015)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Wonder if Jeff has heard something "official" that suggests an archive release is coming, or if he's just wishing like the rest of us?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Wonder if Jeff has heard something "official" that suggests an archive release is coming, or if he's just wishing like the rest of us?

I spotted that immediately, pleasantly.....

Jeff, as people can understand, is tight-lipped when it comes to stuff like this....

He's not going to say something like that just for mere desire as a fan....

13. 3 users say thank you to Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

Angel (03-21-2015),Droomer5150 (03-19-2015),mh5150 (03-19-2015)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-22-2016 @ 07:49 AM
    Status
    Thanks

By the way, here are Jeff's comments on the live album he just posted (sorry for the copy Jeff, but you can always get your butt over here and post them yourself... )

Record company overnighted me the album and have been listening to it for the last 48 hours. It is KILLER!

I think you will all be happily surprised when you hear the whole thing, now that you have already heard Panama. Panama is the ONLY song I am skipping. I think Panama was a terrible choice for a first single because of Dave's singing during those couple lines. It's the "Tattoo" of the live album.

And my opinion just so happens to exactly match the opinion of the only other guy I know that has heard the whole thing right now… he's a guy in the music industry. He said the same thing that I'm saying...he's been loving it, and thinks those bad lines in "Panama" ruin Panama, but overall, the album is great. And now that I have it, I agree.

I think history will look FONDLY at this live album. It's not VH Oakland '81 (and that's fine, because something from the old days will probably come later, anyway). This is a fine representation of the band during the last few years.

When listening, change the quality setting to 720p. It's still just an MP3, but it will sound better at 720p than at YouTube's default setting of 360p.
    "because something from the old days will probably come later"....?

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Semantics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 07:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Interesting...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    I really don't have the time (that's a lie, more like I really don't give a shit) to reread this topic. All I want to know is: will this so-called "live album" be cumming to a Walmart near you?

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Kristy,Why Do You Really Post Here At The Army For?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I post for you, Dan.

You're my inspiration.

20. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

Romeo Delight (03-23-2015)

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

oooooh, lucky

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Don't be jealous. Anyone who can Write In Caps For Every Sentence And Make Them Incongruit To The Subject At Hand Has To Be Inspirational.

23. 2 users say thank you to Kristy for this KICKASS post:

twonabomber (03-21-2015),WARF (03-24-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 03:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,469 Posts

Like Jeff would say it's a bad album....

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm The One preview....

26. 5 users say thank you to Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

FORD (03-24-2015),Jetstream (03-23-2015),katina (03-24-2015),Seshmeister (03-23-2015),Silexxx (03-23-2015)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jeff is a 'company man' at this point and doesn't have the same independence that we have here.

That said Panama does seem to be the most problematic of those I've heard and I think that he may have a point that it could be the 'Tattoo' of this album.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I spotted that immediately, pleasantly.....

Jeff, as people can understand, is tight-lipped when it comes to stuff like this....

He's not going to say something like that just for mere desire as a fan....
    It may be clutching at straws a little but it's true that if they released an old live recording first and then this one, few people would buy the later recording.

That and the new publishing deal does seem to hint that maybe we will get something in the next year or two.

29. 3 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (03-24-2015),katina (03-24-2015),kwame k (03-23-2015)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Dude, you're Charlie Browning with the football a bit

31. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (03-24-2015)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Monday vodka just lifted my mood so much...

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Monday vodka just lifted my mood so much...
    At three in the morning?? Elvis would definitely not approve...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What would ELVIS not do is a pretty good rule to live your life by.

35. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (03-23-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What would ELVIS not do is a pretty good rule to live your life by.
    I say enjoy life, buy shit that increases in value, and have a hell of a good time. I don't care what anybody says - being insanely pissed off all the time is more unhealthy than an occasional Big Mac.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wanna spare some vodka Sesh?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    Miami pimp asking for free vodka. You guys know this fucker is living the life right now, right?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

When I was in Miami half the guys seemed to be homosexual body builders it must be easy enough for you to set yourself up as a gigolo just because of the demographics. All those unserviced ladies...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I say enjoy life, buy shit that increases in value, and have a hell of a good time. I don't care what anybody says - being insanely pissed off all the time is more unhealthy than an occasional Big Mac.
    He needed a break from here even more than we needed a break from him.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Miami pimp asking for free vodka. You guys know this fucker is living the life right now, right?
    Donnie, you know for a fact i'm doing a billion times better than a couple years ago.

When was the last time I made you run to Western Union for booze and blow?

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

When I was in Miami half the guys seemed to be homosexual body builders it must be easy enough for you to set yourself up as a gigolo just because of the demographics. All those unserviced ladies...
    I'm actually a little North of Miami about a hour away. The best part of South Florida is there is no winter. I see people posting pictures of themselves shoveling snow on facebook and I take a picture of me on the beach with girls in thongs everywhere. I don't know what winter's like in Scotland compared to the North East USA, but moving back down here was the best move i've ever made.

43. Thanked WARF for this KICKASS post:

mh5150 (03-24-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Donnie, you know for a fact i'm doing a billion times better than a couple years ago.

When was the last time I made you run to Western Union for booze and blow?
    It's been years! If people only knew you were cruising around in a boat and making money like a mofo...

Or you could spend all your time here arguing with people. Gee, I'd prefer to make money! But money is GAY here and people who make it are either nazis or Republicans. Ah, whatever. Pay me, motherfucker!!

45. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

WARF (03-24-2015)

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dawn and Womb you two get a room.

Keep your spoon'n in the chick forum.

Oh the gayness.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know what winter's like in Scotland compared to the North East USA, but moving back down here was the best move i've ever made.
    Dark and wet, it only snowed for a couple of days over the winter, North East USA looks nuts this year.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,526 Times in 1,997 Posts

Dark and wet, it only snowed for a couple of days over the winter, North East USA looks nuts this year.
    The last two winters have been fucking brutal.

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-08-2020 @ 05:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Sesh DON'T DO IT!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    The last two winters have been fucking brutal.
    Not here. Another beautiful and warm spring day here. Gonna put the top down and enjoy it.

Thread Information