Who's managing this band? Sammy Hagar?
      WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        We were listening to...
        Who is this we? Moreover, are they stuck in the trauma of 1985 as well?

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
          Who's managing this band? Sammy Hagar?
          the "biggest idiot in sports"

Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

is that a photoshop ??

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Look how lame those people look...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Everyone except Eddie Van Halen looks like a total douchebag in that pic...

I bet ZZzzz would fit right in with a bunch of dicks like that...

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                  the "biggest idiot in sports"

I don't know who the other people are in this pic
                  I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                  Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Kristy
                    Who is this we? Moreover, are they stuck in the trauma of 1985 as well?
                    Am I gonna have to start calling you Trollsty?

The "we" were co-workers and the live Soundgarden came out sometime in the past 5 years.

Comment

• VHscraps
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                      I don't know who the other people are in this pic
                      The smallest guy in the picture is "the biggest idiot in the sport" (of rock'n'roll management) - Irving Azoff. Yep, that's him with the glasses. Next to him, on the left, is Jimmy Iovine, president of Interscope. This was taken to publicise their deal with Interscope back before ADKOT was released.

Who are the others ... I have no idea who the guys on either side of Dave are.

Hang on - there's a report here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-iovine-263283

Steve Berman (Interscope Geffen A&M vice chairman) - that's the guy who looks like he ate all the cakes - and Jim Urie (president and CEO, Universal Music Group Distribution).

And there you have it.
                      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Never was
                        I was able hang out at the rehearsal in NY for the bluegrass project since they needed to play about 3 songs for various media gigs to promote. I would have to rummage through shit to find his name but Dave indeed had a vocal coach there. The guy said he had worked with Dave since the end of 2004. So age, health, effects of some loss elasticity in chords due to bad mechanics etc... are an issue but simple technique and choices are a reason for optimism.

Just a personal view, during that time period he had laser focus and in hindsight probably already knew he was getting close to finalizing his return. I do think Dave is simply an awful winner at times and after pulling off 07 and Eddie was the issue he won. Just a hunch but seems consistent. Does his best with his back to the wall but endzone dances too much
                        Good take. I think the biggest issue for Dave in 2012 was that he just wasn't healthy. Between the multi-layered clothing and scarves, blower rants, gargling during/between songs, eating wedges of citrus fruit during/between songs, constantly clearing his throat, etc., I just don't think he was all there physically. That said, I think Dave also made conscious choices that were independent of his health (changing the vocal melody of DTNA being the most egregious example) because he was still doing them even when he was presumably healthy. (Why he was doing them in the first place is the great mystery)

As for 07-08, he was in top form, so he obviously put in the work to get there. Did he put in the same level of work for 2012? I don't know. He had less to prove for that tour, but I don't know if that affected his preparation. I think he still has enough left in the pipes to be effective, but he needs to get out of his own goddamned way.
                        Last edited by chuckjitsu; 03-15-2015, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• perrin29
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2012

On another note...someone posted a video of The Circle playing Best of Both Worlds. Threw up in my mouth a little. Spammy doing jumping jacks.

Comment

• Never was
                            Foot Soldier
                            • May 2012

I agree with health issues as most folks do not wear 3 layers of clothes and scarfs on a stage that is 100 degrees under the lights and doesn't sweat. Even given some form of physical challenge the choice to go up rather than down in compensating was an awful way to adjust regardless of the reason why he had to adjust. He actually sounded the better in that 2005 - 06 era than 2007 - 08. Heard him breakout DOA during that time period at Westbury and was the best vocal I ever heard him sing at anytime.

Comment

• perrin29
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2012

He seemed to wander around the stage a lot from the 2012 vids I watched like he wasn't sure what to do. Playing with his ears often, ear plug in and out, signalling for different props, playing with his clothes...just generally distracted. Hope to see him more on point the next go round. Took a shit kicking on the web.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                Am I gonna have to start calling you Trollsty?

The "we" were co-workers and the live Soundgarden came out sometime in the past 5 years.
                                How rude!

I was just looking out for your welfare.

Comment

Working...