X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
    And THAT is the point, the VH we have all adored existed in the PAST.
    Okay I can die now. Just been waiting and waiting for one of you cretins to say that.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

To get to the ugly truth on this, there is genuinely one guy to call, but you will probably get an answering machine...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Whorehey
        It's depressing.
        As is this. I've never seen anyone play 'Eruption' as bored to death as this girl. Looks like she rather be watching paint dry in a dentist office:

Just another sign of the coming Apocalypse.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
          Good Lord...

After listening to some of this and watching some of the video, I'm hoping they just take the studio versions of all those songs, and throw some crowd noise in. Just tell us it's from the Tokyo Dome. We'll believe them. We've believed all their other bullshit all these years.
          It's painful, isn't it? I find myself cringing constantly.

If a new studio album ever materializes, I'll be on board. Otherwise, count me out.
          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• hain23x
            Head Fluffer
            • Mar 2004

Should have just said "live" and pulled various sources then doctored it up.

Dave was great in 2007-2008 but he started doing something on the 2012 tour that does not work.

This is the "great Van Halen project" Dave talked about??????

They could have sold this 20 minutes after recording it in the lobby and sold it on Instant Live's website.
            Eat Us and Smile!
            Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by hain23x

This is the "great Van Halen project" Dave talked about??????
              Welcome to Disappointmentgate 2015 ©

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

And you're spot on over at the VHND. They're going to end up deleting a lot of those posts. Don't think they have any idea just what they've done. Unreal.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

The first six albums already sound great..how about a remaster of ADKOT..great album but sounds like it was recorded in a tin can..

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                    The first six albums already sound great..how about a remaster of ADKOT..great album but sounds like it was recorded in a tin can..
                    Ed thinks that is the greatest sounding album ever. That's why he's doing another remaster of the 6 pack. He wants them to sound as good as ADKOT!

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      And you're spot on over at the VHND. They're going to end up deleting a lot of those posts. Don't think they have any idea just what they've done. Unreal.
                      VHND has a forum? Save those posts!

They may realize the album won't sell much in today's climate, but I don't think they have a clue how this is going to affect ticket sales for the live shows.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by hain23x

They could have sold this 20 minutes after recording it in the lobby and sold it on Instant Live's website.
                        Good to see you here again hain!

You are correct! They would have sold more copies by doing it that way, than they will doing it this way.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Whorehey
                          Part of me thinks they're shitting out this "live CD" to fulfill a record company obligation, and that this is VH's swan song. Maybe I'm giving the Brothers too much credit. In eight years, they've tried touring twice, and got Wolf in on some ASCAP gravy with a CD of retreads.

I honestly think this is it for me. I waited TWENTY FUCKING YEARS to see someone I hold in a very high regard take his rightful place back in one of my fave bands growing up. And I feel like they have squandered the last eight years. At least one more studio CD should have been put out. It's depressing.
                          There is no contract obligations with record companies for VH to fill... BOBW filled the final option with WB in 2004. ADKOT with Interscope was a One-n-Done deal for distribution and half-assed marketing.

Don't know what happened to the DVD deal that had when they recorded at MSG on the 2007/8 tour... That would have been the best next release IMO. Can only guess someone didn't like what they captured.

My speculation is they planned this and recorded in Tokyo... Took 2014 off and farted around getting this package together and working with WB/Rhino on a remasters refresh with plans for a limited tour this year.

Unfortunately with all the negative crap spewing across the net right now... It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Ed & Al just said fuck it and pulled the plug on everything... They can't win because they fucked up and wasted too damn much time thumbing their noses and pissing off their fan base.
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

They ENCOURAGED bootlegging of the last tour. WHY would they try to sell us what they told us to take for free?

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                              They ENCOURAGED bootlegging of the last tour. WHY would they try to sell us what they told us to take for free?
                              Because they have no idea what the fuck they are doing. They have zero direction.

These guys are so fucking stupid, they probably really believe this is going to be their Double Live Gonzo. Their Alive II. Their Comes Alive. Their Budokan.

Dave seems to be typical of the highly intelligent types. Not a lick of common fucking sense.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                                Don't know what happened to the DVD deal that had when they recorded at MSG on the 2007/8 tour... That would have been the best next release IMO. Can only guess someone didn't like what they captured.
                                We know who.

Plus to be fair releasing from 07-08 now wouldn't have allowed for stuff from ADKOT.

Reading the comments on the internet from fans it feels like that cover painting should be called 'View from an iceberg'...

Comment

Working...