X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    They can't win because they fucked up and wasted too damn much time thumbing their noses and pissing off their fan base.
    I bet I could make them win Zah. But they'd have to bust their balls. Well, as much as doing a media tour, and other things the right way, would be busting balls. I could turn this fan base on its fucking head. Any number of us could do that. But they would have to put their pride, and their ignorance aside. They would have to hear some things they don't want to hear, or can't seem to accept. There are ways to do the right things, they just aren't interested in doing them.

What is Ed's motivation behind this?
    What is Dave's motivation behind this?
    What is Al's motivation behind this?

Wolf? He's just sitting back collecting dough at this point. I gotta believe he is much happier in, and with, Tremonti at this point in his musical career. I'm sure he loves getting on stage with his Dad and Uncle, and playing those great songs. But let's be real. It's not doing shit for his creativity.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

As someone at VHND said, Van Halen is a project not a band these days and that's up to them they're getting old but Roth should be able to release and tour solo projects.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Speaking of VHND, looks like Jeff finally got the go-ahead....

Finally, Van Halen is releasing their definitive live album — their first live album with David Lee Roth — and remastering their first 6 albums...
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There are 200+ comments there, it would be interesting to do a count of how many were positive and how many negative...

Comment

• VetteLS5
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            Unfortunately with all the negative crap spewing across the net right now... It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Ed & Al just said fuck it and pulled the plug on everything... They can't win because they fucked up and wasted too damn much time thumbing their noses and pissing off their fan base.
            I've never followed DLR on Twitter, visited his youtube channel or his site. I have to assume some if not all have a comments feature, yes? I'm thinking going "black" was his way of getting ahead of the backlash because he knew this would go over like a fart in church.

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by VetteLS5
              I've never followed DLR on Twitter, visited his youtube channel or his site. I have to assume some if not all have a comments feature, yes? I'm thinking going "black" was his way of getting ahead of the backlash because he knew this would go over like a fart in church.
              Let's be real here. When you're "following" Dave, you're not really following Dave. Unless you see a video with him in it, or hear his voice, it's not really him. To embrace social media, you have to be somewhat "social".

Maybe Dave is so enamored with the Japanese culture, because he really wants to be a Ninja!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                The first six albums already sound great..how about a remaster of ADKOT..great album but sounds like it was recorded in a tin can..

In a world where most people put the "Music " onto a ipod docking station of some sort and most of the members around are are hooked on that tin can jack ofteness. I get your point> here is my point speakers are in the eye of the beholder music is always meant to be run thru a equalizer to dial in what is right for the end user and the -cosmic debris- of any given days lateral moisture content of time relative dissonance, perhaps speakers that actually move the air in your place and or ride..> dig that!

Originally posted by Von Halen
                Because they have no idea what the fuck they are doing. They have zero direction.

These guys are so fucking stupid, they probably really believe this is going to be their Double Live Gonzo. Their Alive II. Their Comes Alive. Their Budokan.

Dave seems to be typical of the highly intelligent types. Not a lick of common fucking sense.

Before that Northern European twizznot came here and got her own forum out of the -enamored staff- engorged may be a better word, Talking to "REAL LIVE CHICKS" The quote above would have been thrown into the dump.....the kindly gentle yah sure - The RA- can only demean one or two of the VH members as idiots after 50 years in the bussiness and 75 million cash assets as as idiots...FUCKING FUNNY!
                Last edited by clarathecarrot; 02-06-2015, 10:46 AM.
                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You would fail the Turing Test.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                    Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    You would fail the Turing Test.
                    I had to -Lougle that- I had no idea -they the them- have renamed what, was.... already know by other letters arranged in certain sequences .

You have enlightened me as to what - is again- that already had been.

But, music is meant to be tweaked and re-measured by the end user and sent to -large pumps- that delivers rich healthy sounds.

Our speakes=rs go to 11...so do the the bass and treble and all the middy dissarangement you get with a equalizer and or dissecting device for personal pleasure.

The VH camp and DLR know exactly what they are doing to second guess them is asinine....they own the shit we wait and consume...make it our own and move onto the next reason to believe.
                    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• fraroc
                      Commando
                      • Jun 2012

As much as I appreciate VH putting something out, I really do think it's simply too late for them to start doing the Rush model and releasing a live album every tour. They really should have started doing that as far back as the Van Halen III tour in 1998 or the 2004 Epic Fail tour.
                      How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

If the news clip at the VHND is to be believed..........everything is from one night and nothing has been altered, even Dave's voice.

So even the cheerleaders looking forward to this shit and were excited about having Dave's voice fixed got disappointed, too.

They must pay someone to go through the various boards and figure out what exactly the fans don't want.........down to the last detail! Then release that
                        Originally posted by vandeleur
                        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I don't know if it's been clarified, but I suppose we can assume the re-re-issues don't have any extra songs or takes on them.

Balls.

George Lucas never stooped so low in the rehash department, and he's the king of that shit.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

George re does them but puts in different actors, that would be like redoing 5150 with dave.

Wait a minute
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Calderone
                              Commando
                              • Jan 2004

i cannot believe they release the show as is ....if Dave would know this was being recorded he would stick to the recorded versions
                              like he did in 2007, now ....maybe he thinks he sounds cool, he released PANAMA and JUMP Live on the Night Life single CD
                              singing unbeliavably bad.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                They ENCOURAGED bootlegging of the last tour. WHY would they try to sell us what they told us to take for free?
                                That's what I don't get. The entire show (not just audio) is available on the Tubes. I'm assuming the sound quality will be better, but other than that, what's the motivation to by the live album?

Comment

Working...