X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vaijuju
    Sniper
    • Jan 2008

find at the links !
    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• mdk1967
      Roadie
      • Feb 2004

Actual album cover!
      Last edited by mdk1967; 02-04-2015, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• CVH Rulz
        Head Fluffer
        • Jun 2005

Hate live albums, especially from different countries. Dave talking The language? Not interested. Not interested in another same old, same old tour either. I guess Van Halen are done for me if this is all they have to offer!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

I gotta ask the question:

What is gonna be the difference these remasters and the ones from 10+ years ago? Is it simply that the technology is that much better since then?
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• mh5150
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

What is gonna be the difference these remasters and the ones from 10+ years ago? Is it simply that the technology is that much better since then?
            =VH= own them now?
            Maybe a unrealesed song or two?

GET READY...

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by mh5150
              =VH= own them now?

GET READY...
              I think best case they may have put a song or 2 at the end of the live material.. I'd bet just about anything that there will be no surprises on the remasters.
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

IF that press release is legit, the line 'in order to produce the original sound the band intended' stands out to me.. I recently read an interview where Eddie was talking about the amount of reverb on the first album and not liking it.. Can that be adjusted with a remaster or is that how the sound is captured on tape? I'd love to hear a more modern sounding VHI that doesn't sound like it was recorded in a cave.
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Simply, they will be LOUDER. After ten years, we are all starting to have hearing loss. God-damned 1970s/1980s live shows...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

And by the way, this story sprang from melodicrock. Be advised...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by VAiN
                      I think best case they may have put a song or 2 at the end of the live material.. I'd bet just about anything that there will be no surprises on the remasters.
                      I didn't buy the last remasters. If this batch is more of the same with nothing new, it's useless.

So crazy how, even if this band doesn't read any of the shit on line from their fans, someone in their circle has to be giving them the short story of what the faithful die hards want. Old stuff. Live and studio. How is that so hard to act on?

I'm really going to have to hear some of this live stuff before opening the wallet. We spent the whole last tour trying to get Dave to can the high range reaching non-sense. If this recording is slathered with that, I'm going to have to say no thanks.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by mh5150
                        =VH= own them now?
                        That truly would be great, but I agree with VAiN. They won't do it.

Comment

• Never was
                          Foot Soldier
                          • May 2012

That release reads poorly and not like usual Irving originated propaganda. I also find it hard to believe they would toss China Town out there live. The repair work on that would be significant and leave them open to get ripped for the difference between the actual live recording available on the net and the "live" version on the record after clean up.
                          Also they own some of the old catalog but not all of it yet. Something is on the way but this seems fishy or just amateur hour.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Saw a screen shot of all of this stuff on Amazon. How does it get to that point with no official announcement yet? Go figure. As per usual.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              And by the way, this story sprang from melodicrock. Be advised...
                              Well it's worse than that... it came from a fucking radio station in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. 106.7 The Drive.

From what I've read they will be playing Panama from this alleged Live release around noon today. They received an advance media copy from WB. The radio station claims their people had lunch with Dave's people and got the scoop...

There's also screen shots of the Live Album and the Remastered 4 pack in a box set that were pulled from Amazon with pre-order info and release date of March 31. The other VH fan site has a lot of discussion and Andrew from Melodicrock tried to weasel in on the news but got slapped every time he posted. Not sure why this place isn't stirring..?

I was thinking this is all bullshit... but then remembered when ADKOT was released they launched it from Australia first, then Europe then the US. Which all seemed bizarre and illogical at the time but it did spur interest and huge buzz at the time. Go figure...
                              Last edited by ZahZoo; 02-04-2015, 11:48 AM.
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I mean, wtf?

Comment

Working...