Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: VH live album - OFFICIAL

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We'll see on the 30th...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe Edwad will bring both Sammy and Michael back...

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    No, not you, lol.
    Haha, I want to see this rant. Did it get deleted or did I just miss it? EDIT: wait never mind saw it haha
    Last edited by Droomer5150; 03-04-2015 at 12:33 AM.
    SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    It's only a matter of time...
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They're using this to open the doors to that possibly or even a 4th singer....

This is typical tactics from the sisters way up on Howdy Doody Mountain....

I can't think of any reason why this would be released..... Even Helen Keller would take a listen to this and throw the disc out of the window....

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can almost picture the press conference now...crippled up old Al comes hobbling out, then here comes Clueless Ed...then Mikey and Slappy and the place goes insane. And at the same time Dave is setting fire to Ed's house...

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can almost picture the press conference now...crippled up old Al comes hobbling out, then here comes Clueless Ed...then Mikey and Slappy and the place goes insane. And at the same time Dave is setting fire to Ed's house...
    i'm thinking Van Halen is under pressure to get rid of David Lee Roth. They need an excuse to get rid of him. Obviously, they can't get rid of him because Roth is still selling tickets to major arenas. So how do they get rid of him? Release this pile of shit. Influence the fans to not buy tickets to Van Halen shows because Roth sounds like garbage... and cue in singer #4 or Sammy Hagar.

There's a lot of fishy things happening up on Howdy Doody Mountain. Eddie Van Halen doesn't know where Dave lives. Dave shuts down his site and on all social networks. I could be wrong, but i'm just adding up the math. The Bottom line is David Lee Roth is an aging rockstar, and he is HIT OR MISS. I'm not gonna fault him on his off nights, but Dave had plenty of good performances over the course of the 2012/13 tour and I am a bit baffled why they would select the worst show of that tour?

The brainwashed masses can bend over and take it up the ass.

I'm not buying into this bullshit.

Do the math.

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fraroc, seriously, dude.. Instead of posting rants nobody but you cares about, go back to the 3 Sides Of The Coin page and stop coming over here. You're always complaining. You bitch and moan, and still you come back. What in the blue fuck is wrong with you?
    See, I'm saying it the nice way. Because I don't wanna unleash some Flappo-like fury upon you. That, and I just woke up, too.
    If you're bored, get the hell out, man. Otherwise, get over it. Now I'm gonna make me some coffee.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    i'm thinking Van Halen is under pressure to get rid of David Lee Roth. They need an excuse to get rid of him. Obviously, they can't get rid of him because Roth is still selling tickets to major arenas. So how do they get rid of him? Release this pile of shit. Influence the fans to not buy tickets to Van Halen shows because Roth sounds like garbage... and cue in singer #4 or Sammy Hagar.

There's a lot of fishy things happening up on Howdy Doody Mountain. Eddie Van Halen doesn't know where Dave lives. Dave shuts down his site and on all social networks. I could be wrong, but i'm just adding up the math. The Bottom line is David Lee Roth is an aging rockstar, and he is HIT OR MISS. I'm not gonna fault him on his off nights, but Dave had plenty of good performances over the course of the 2012/13 tour and I am a bit baffled why they would select the worst show of that tour?

Do the math.
    I think this is reaching and a touch paranoid...just one mans opinion
    Roth Army Canada

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm not gonna fault him on his off nights, but Dave had plenty of good performances over the course of the 2012/13 tour and I am a bit baffled why they would select the worst show of that tour?
    Things could have been worse. They could've released the Oshkosh debacle.. Remember THIS pile of shit?

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    I think this is reaching and a touch paranoid...just one mans opinion
    I'm on very little sleep. Maybe I should go to bed lol

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's what Van Halen does. They have been blue balling the fans since 1996. Business as usual. You can't fix stupid.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They don't want to come back. They don't trust Edwad. Sammy says he's too old to put up with Eddie's shit.

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How =VH= see their fans:

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Do the math.
    It's more simple than that. Eddie is helping Wolfie make a new album so Ed just blew off Van Halen for that. I mean Ed ain't going to pick up the phone and tell Dave. Ed does what Ed wants and Ed doesn't feel the need to consider how his actions affect other people. It's all about Ed. I bet Dave is not a member of the band legally. They probably negotiated a deal where he's a paid employee.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-04-2015 at 01:51 AM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by philouze View Post
    How =VH= see their fans:

Here's to warm water in your eye and a cold carrot up your ass.

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I kinda look at the bright side of things. The band isn't forcing me to buy this horrendous piece of shite. And to be fair, I don't listen to the 2012-13 shows. I used to have quite an amount of bootlegs from that run, but I deleted them.
    Let's be honest, folks.
    Dave was the weak link on that tour. In '07, that was Ed. I wouldn't have released anything from those two tours.
    Do the math... Yeah, that's it...
    They should have put out something from '78-'84. In other words: WHAT THE FANS WANT.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How =VH= see their fans:

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Some Metal Sludge board quotes about that Live fiasco:

"I love classic Dave VH but this is not Dave being Dave,it's Dave embarrassing the shit out of himself and sounding fucking horrible while Ed does a paint-by-numbers impression of himself. I can't believe they released this mess."

"I lost it at "hot shoes burning down the avenue"
    Dave sounds like Uli Jon Roth singing. Like an old, drunk Japanese bum doing karaoke"

"They are saying it's completely untouched with no overdubs or re-recordings, and I believe it. It's embarrassingly bad. The only reason they didn't have Dave redo the vocals is because he's not any better in the studio. I can't believe they would actually release this."

"All you fuckers wanted Dave back in the band for 30 years. Well this is what you get. I hope you're happy."

"He's not just flubbing the high notes, he's adding new ones to fuck up. Panama sounds passable until he suddenly shrieks "HAH CHOO, BURNIN' DOWN THE AVENOWWW" as high as he can."

"To quote Sam Kinison..." If you saw that animal at the zoo you would beg them to put it down"

"I've been told that Van Gogh took one listen to this shit and ran to the kitchen to cut his other ear off. It's that bad."

(That one's for WARF)
    "Wouldn't it be wild if this was the ultimate revenge on Roth? I know it's unlikely that Eddie and Alex would screw with the VH legacy, but wouldn't it be the ultimate sly F.U. to immortalize Roth's bastardized vocals on a live album for all the world to hear?"

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is worse than the youtube videos. They've actually managed to make it sound worse than anything that's ever been put on youtube. how in the world could that have been possible?

to make matters worse, my mother, a hagar apologist, posts the UCR link on my facebook page like "LOL! HERE YOU GO! LOVE YOU!" ...great. thanks, ma.

This is fucking embarrassing. plain and simple. I'm going to put my head in the sand and presume that this is purely the result of people who are now too old to think straight rather than a blatant attempt to sabotage dave.

"My voice sounds like four flat tires rolling through mud!" - to paraphrase dave, perhaps he's simply accepted reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIjzsUKZ1AE - this is 5,000,000 times better.

I don't know how i can improve on anything else that's already been said, so in summary - they should have never gone this direction.

It's like a girl you've always thought was rather attractive and you finally get to hook up after a number of years. She still looks good in them tight jeans. She wants to party. You go over, have a good time and suddenly she strips down before you. You're salivating - after all these years, could this be what you've always imagined?

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!

...you realize that the clothes were the only thing keeping her body formed to an acceptable degree. Her tits look like two wet socks and her ass looks like a balloon that popped. Realizing the situation you've suddenly found yourself in, you've no choice but to scream in horror and run out the door, get into your car and drive FAR, FAR AWAY. You can never think of her as you once knew, every memory is instantaneously ruined by the unspeakable images you've witnessed; what has been seen cannot be unseen!

This album is that girl. Don't listen to it. these two songs are just a taste of what lies beyond.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Meet us in the pasture not in the future.....

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fraroc View Post
    There.

I finally said it.

FUCK. THE. VAN. HALEN. FANS.

Well, maybe not fuck all the fans, I should be more specific, Fuck the idiots that have infiltrated the Van Halen fanbase and made it their home.

Now don't get me wrong, I will always love Van Halen. They will always be among one of my favorite bands with KISS, Rush, Kansas, Motley Crue, Sabbath, Ozzy and others. But I simply just do NOT want to identify as a Van Halen fan anymore. Why? Heh....Can it be more obvious? Look around at all the Youtube videos. The negative comments of these fucking idiot fans complaining about David Lee Roth and "DURR WHY ISN'T THERE SAMMY DAVE SUKKS" Now, I'd gladly write these assholes off as trolls, but the thing is just this. These idiots seemed to have completley fucking innudaded the VH fanbase, these hate comments are the fucking majority.

I've said this MANY times before. These same morons BEGGED in 2006 for Eddie to get David Lee Roth back in the band and to make a new album. They give us BOTH of those things. And now, they're begging for Sammy to return. Realistically from an unbiased standpoint, it will never fucking happen. Eddie has made it clear that the Van Hagar ship has sailed.

And another thing, why the fuck are people forgetting NOW that Dave was never exactly fucking Luciano Pavarotti live? Even in his goddamn PRIME he was never that great of a singer. His talents reside in showmanship and being a fucking amazing charismatic frontman. Look at US Fest 1983, one of the best Van Halen concerts judging from how much fun they were having that night. Dave sounded like absolute fucking dogshit that concert. He sounded SO bad that when MTV broadcasted Running With The Devil, Pretty Woman, and You Really Got Me from that show they had to seriously overdub his vocals.

And guess what, IT NEVER FUCKING MATTERED that Dave didn't sound great live, at least not back then! Why now is everyone a fucking micromanaging over-analyzing Nazi over his voice? Seriously, why now?
    You go girl, that will teach them.
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Droomer5150 View Post
    Man. The Van Halen fanbase are a bunch of bitches. I'm ashamed.... The worst that will happen is Van Halen will say fuck you we are still millions of dollars richer than you and will go out and people will love it anyway. Or they'll say we're done, no one cares about the band anymore ungrateful fans. And to that I say fuck you all (the negative ones), if that ever happens I'll be pissed....then again neither would happen and they won't even care haha.

Still, disappointed in the VH fanbase, it baffles me why in the internet world everyone assumes they have authority to comment and rag on stuff if they don't like it. Directly I'm talking, not just discussing how shit you think it is with your mates that's always been around, but directly on the bandpage and youtube etc, someone from the camp/or artist will obviously see it (wolfgang, PR, webmasters etc who probably pass it on to the band). Pisses me off. It's like going up to someone and saying fuck you're ugly, or going up to a singer and saying you suck, or man you're kid sucks ass he's fat as fuck. People (the majority) just don't do that in the real world. It's just such a dick thing to do. I mean wtf!, why can't people just be nice? haha. If you don't like it, just move on and listen to something else instead of being a rude, disrespectful asshole. The internet world has brought out the asshole in everyone, big, prolapsed, ugly and shitty.

End of the day it's their band, they do what they want. They've worked their asses off for us and we've paid them for their work. They don't owe us shit. That said it'd be a nice gesture to the fans to have a modern blu-ray and some classic shows haha. Rant over.
    Says "Van Halen fans are a bunch of bitches", then bitches for 3 paragraphs. Good job there, guy

If they are putting out a product to sell, we, the consumers, have every right to tell them we think it is shit. Yes, it's their band, yes they can do what they want, and no they don't ultimately owe us anything. But it works both ways. We are their audience, we can receive what ever they give us how ever we want, and we owe them nothing. If I think the album sounds like crap (from what I have heard, it does) I will say so, and I will say it however I please
    Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 03-04-2015 at 06:34 AM.

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "He's not just flubbing the high notes, he's adding new ones to fuck up. Panama sounds passable until he suddenly shrieks "HAH CHOO, BURNIN' DOWN THE AVENOWWW" as high as he can."
    My god, this one here made my sides hurt

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

By the way, if anyone here feels like there's a lot of "hate" towards =VH=, you can promptly can go and fuck yourselves.
    This is the Rotharmy. Fucktards.
    Last edited by philouze; 03-04-2015 at 06:45 AM.

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

By the way, if anyone here feels like there's a lot of "hate" towards =VH=, you can promptly can go and fuck yourselves.
    Or just moan about it, Fraroc style

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
    Or just moan about it, Fraroc style
    And if you do so, here are a few tips:

- Write in caps (just to let people know you're really angry.. "Grrrruu...")
    - Put in at least twelve "fucks" in each sentence. Otherwise, it doesn't make any sense.
    - If somebody says you're going too far, just say you're having issues with your parents. And the internet helps you make you feel better about it.
    - And don't forget to threaten to slit people's throats. That's a classic.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fraroc, seriously, dude.. Instead of posting rants nobody but you cares about, go back to the 3 Sides Of The Coin page and stop coming over here. You're always complaining. You bitch and moan, and still you come back. What in the blue fuck is wrong with you?
    See, I'm saying it the nice way. Because I don't wanna unleash some Flappo-like fury upon you. That, and I just woke up, too.
    If you're bored, get the hell out, man. Otherwise, get over it. Now I'm gonna make me some coffee.
    What the fuck is wrong with me?

Well....ADD, Anxiety, Depression, OCD.....but hey, no one's perfect.
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    If he felt sabotaged would he have worked on choosing the artwork?

On that point I think the French flag thing is a bit odd, I'm surprised he didn't find something Japanese or American or a mixture.
    I think the French flag is quite appropriate... Historically the French have a record of launching half-assed offensives and getting their miserable asses handed to them. In that context I'd say the flag is perfect!!
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Exactly, this is the ROTHARMY. And the current incarnation of Van Halen has David Lee Roth in the band. THAT is what pisses me off and yes, I do feel like there is still an unnecessary amount of hate towards Van Halen with DLR. I mean, it's not like I'm going around saying "OH WE SHOULDN'T HATE SAMMY HAGAR HE'S VAN HALEN TOO!" Fuck that shit, man.

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Droomer5150 View Post
    Rant over.
    Best part of your post.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Exactly, this is the ROTHARMY. And the current incarnation of Van Halen has David Lee Roth in the band. THAT is what pisses me off and yes, I do feel like there is still an unnecessary amount of hate towards Van Halen with DLR. I mean, it's not like I'm going around saying "OH WE SHOULDN'T HATE SAMMY HAGAR HE'S VAN HALEN TOO!" Fuck that shit, man.

I really wanna try to understand on just what you think we should be saying....

Should we do the uber-fanboy stance, ignore the now-professionally enhanced yelping from DLR, and proclaim that this live album is the best thing since hot-buttered popcorn?

The biggest Van Halen fans are giving their honest assessments on a very sub-standard product, I see no reason for bashing them....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Ya know, all that stuff used to be called "life" and we dealt with it by getting up and going to work and finding some fun stuff to do when we're not working. Or if it was too much to deal with we'd just put the person in a mental hospital until they decided they were feeling a lot better and wanted back in society.

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude, once again, you're missing the point I was trying to make.

Here it is:

- I joined the Rotharmy because I love Classic VH & solo DLR. And I think it's safe to say that everybody here joined for the same reason. Riiiiiiiiiight? (Elliott Offen style)
    - We were all thrilled when Dave came back in '07. BUT we were also bummed because Mikey was not involved. Riiiiiiiiiight?
    - ADKOT came out and, once again, I happen to think everybody (or at least a huge majority of us) was more than happy with the result. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight?
    - The tour kicked in and a whole lot of us were not very enthusiastic with Dave's performances. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?
    - Now they're releasing a live album from that tour. It sounds shitty Dave-wise, that's a bonafide Fact. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight?

What I'm trying to say is, we love the band, and therefore there are also sides of the band we don't like. This album is one of them.
    And, as this is the Rotharmy, some of its members are quite wild, to say the least. If they wanna say "Fuck VH and their piece of shite live album", let them say it. It certainly does not make them "haters". That is called "a different opinion", boyo. This is not a Teletubbies message board. It's not the KissFAQ message board. It's not the Three Sides Of The Coin FB page. Political correctness does not apply here. Well, you know that, since you can put in 14,583 "fucks" in each post you make.

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ya know, all that stuff used to be called "life" and we dealt with it by getting up and going to work and finding some fun stuff to do when we're not working. Or if it was too much to deal with we'd just put the person in a mental hospital until they decided they were feeling a lot better and wanted back in society.
    You tell 'em, Early! God is gooder than hell!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude, once again, you're missing the point I was trying to make.

Here it is:

- I joined the Rotharmy because I love Classic VH & solo DLR. And I think it's safe to say that everybody here joined for the same reason. Riiiiiiiiiight? (Elliott Offen style)
    - We were all thrilled when Dave came back in '07. BUT we were also bummed because Mikey was not involved. Riiiiiiiiiight?
    - ADKOT came out and, once again, I happen to think everybody (or at least a huge majority of us) was more than happy with the result. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight?
    - The tour kicked in and a whole lot of us were not very enthusiastic with Dave's performances. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?
    - Now they're releasing a live album from that tour. It sounds shitty Dave-wise, that's a bonafide Fact. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight?

What I'm trying to say is, we love the band, and therefore there are also sides of the band we don't like. This album is one of them.
    And, as this is the Rotharmy, some of its members are quite wild, to say the least. If they wanna say "Fuck VH and their piece of shite live album", let them say it. It certainly does not make them "haters". That is called "a different opinion", boyo. This is not a Teletubbies message board. It's not the KissFAQ message board. It's not the Three Sides Of The Coin FB page. Political correctness does not apply here. Well, you know that, since you can put in 14,583 "fucks" in each post you make.
    I'd say that the only real reason to be pissed off at this point is the fact that Michael Anthony is not in the band and therefore it's not a complete CVH reuinion. But when it comes to complaining about Dave, I still don't get everybody's problem and why are people NOW saying he sucks live? As I said before, look at US Fest 83. One of CVH's best shows, Dave sounded like shit, And it didn't matter.

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'd say that the only real reason to be pissed off at this point is the fact that Michael Anthony is not in the band and therefore it's not a complete CVH reuinion. But when it comes to complaining about Dave, I still don't get everybody's problem and why are people NOW saying he sucks live? As I said before, look at US Fest 83. One of CVH's best shows, Dave sounded like shit, And it didn't matter.
    I get your point. But the US Fest was in '83, and Dave could still "sing", even though he was drunk and having a off-night vocally at this show. Listen to the Montreal '86 show, for instance. The motherfucker had the pipes back then.
    30 years later, the guy still thinks he can reach high notes. Wrong. He can't. But what's more embarassing is that he wouldn't redo the vocals in the studio. Come on, you're a KISS fan, even Stanley sang to a backing track recently. And all their live albums were "studio recordings with an audience loop over them".
    DLR thinks he has more integrity than that? Dear lord, I wish he pulled a KISS on this live album. The guy can't sing anymore.
    If they released a show from, say, the 1981 tour, I wouldn't bitch about the vocals, because he could still nail it back then. But releasing an album with horrendous vocal parts and not fix them? Nah..

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Aww, want a hug, big guy?. Quit bitching, everyone has problems in life. Get up, go outside, get some interests, get a job, get on with things and have some fun.

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
    Aww, want a hug, big guy?. Quit bitching, everyone has problems in life. Get up, go outside, get some interests, get a job, get on with things and have some fun.
    Homosexuals don't have an easy life, DB..

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Mate go knock one out ,very few problems in life can't be wanked away if you make the effort
    fuck your fucking framing

Thread Information