X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Never was
    ADKOT and this live record release show that Van Halen is simply not a well runned organization. Every fan poll and critic review cited Stay Frosty as the highlight and VH basically ignored the damn thing. Their sense of the market just plain sucks. I hope this tour they give some life to ADKOT that is different such as Stay Frasty or As Is, etc... China Town doesn't work live and Sesh nailed it on Trouble w Never, it should be a good song, the pieces are there but for whatever reason it just doesn't come together as it should.

I saw Dave do DOA on Long Island in 06 and he nailed it perfectly, that would be a great one to bring back. Hopefully the band noticed some songs like HAIL that were dead for decades were what fans left talking about, that was such highlight last tour.
    As Dave stated previously, Stay Frosty was the one and only truly brand new song on the whole album, and he wrote the whole thing including the melody. For that reason, I'd be a million more times excited about the John 5 disc, than I am this bullshit Tokyo stuff.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Von Halen
      As Dave stated previously, Stay Frosty was the one and only truly brand new song on the whole album, and he wrote the whole thing including the melody. For that reason, I'd be a million more times excited about the John 5 disc, than I am this bullshit Tokyo stuff.
      So 12 of the 13 songs had riffs that had been kicking around for a while? I thought it was 7. Doesn't matter to me either way. They were well within their rights to dig into their own trick bag. Screw anyone who thinks they shouldn't have.

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        So 12 of the 13 songs had riffs that had been kicking around for a while? I thought it was 7. Doesn't matter to me either way. They were well within their rights to dig into their own trick bag. Screw anyone who thinks they shouldn't have.
        According to Dave.

I had no problem with them rehashing old riffs either. But I do have a problem with what they are trying to sell me on in March.

Comment

• Never was
          Foot Soldier
          • May 2012

Besides John 5 project I would love for Dave to release a bunch of acoustic stuff he recorded but never released. I actually enjoy his playing and think his voice now is better suited acoustically to highlight his tone over him forcing power not there anymore.

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Every time Sammy Hagar talks about how much money he makes, I illegally download one of his albums for FREE and never listen to it.

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

Why torture your hard drive that way?!?
              I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                I cant believe its even a conversation.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• wolfsbane
                  Roadie
                  • Jan 2005

Has it been mentioned that if a live album is to be released in 6 weeks, then we are probably at least 9 months away from an album of new music, if at all?

Goodnight, Irene.

RIP VH

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                    Every time Sammy Hagar talks about how much money he makes, I illegally download one of his albums for FREE and never listen to it.
                    Why not get a bottle of Cabo Wabo tequila for a 5 finger discount instead?

You'll still be taking Sammy's money, but at least you'll get something out of it, for a little while.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

That's actually worse. The people at the store will just restock because they think people want the stuff.
                      I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• philouze
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2004

I have an idea for a sticker on the Nth remasters:
                        "VH, the band that replaces quality with quantity."

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Never was
                          Besides John 5 project I would love for Dave to release a bunch of acoustic stuff he recorded but never released.
                          He only knows one song...

Ice Cream man, Could This Be Magic, and Stay Frosty...

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            He only knows one song...

Ice Cream man, Could This Be Magic, and Stay Frosty...
                            That's one more than you know.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by wolfsbane
                              Has it been mentioned that if a live album is to be released in 6 weeks, then we are probably at least 9 months away from an album of new music, if at all?

Goodnight, Irene.

RIP VH
                              That's what bothers me most. If they were an actual working band, this live album would probably delay new material for at least a year, but probably more like two. With these guys and their thumb twiddling, who knows and meanwhile the sun of their careers creeps closer to the horizon. The thought of it being at least a couple more years for any new material is depressing. Crack the fuckin' whip, Wolf.

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by perrin29
                                Yeah it's kind of messed up in terms of promoting an album release. Only word mentioned by anyone in the VH camp was by Wolf on his twitter. The "ok angry birds we got it" post.
                                He said in his next tweet that he was talking about the game, not VH fans
                                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...