X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
    That's what bothers me most. If they were an actual working band, this live album would probably delay new material for at least a year, but probably more like two. With these guys and their thumb twiddling, who knows and meanwhile the sun of their careers creeps closer to the horizon. The thought of it being at least a couple more years for any new material is depressing. Crack the fuckin' whip, Wolf.
    They are NOT an "actual working band".

Not sure how you can actually classify them... mostly just on what they are not.

Not officially retired but their output suggests otherwise.
    Not fan friendly nor even communicate with their fan base unless they have something to sell us.
    Not disbanded... but not exactly together as a unit.
    Not done... but have no public indication anything is in the works... even things in the works are not acknowledged
    Not talking... publicly
    Not relevant to the current music scene due to all the above...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

Not sure how you can actually classify them... mostly just on what they are not.

Not fan friendly nor even communicate with their fan base unless they have something to sell us.
      Not done... but have no public indication anything is in the works... even things in the works are not acknowledged
      Not talking... publicly
      Dont forget NOT making money off of vault material if their actually is any...

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Not talking... publicly
        Dave stated in this article from 2012 Click Here for Buzzfeed 2012 article they would continue to put something out every three years. So, according to that, we won't get anything else until 2018. Pretty forward thinking for 60 year olds to "work" in 3 year increments. Brilliant plan to increase relevance, or stay relevant.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

LOL they are at an age where it's risky to buy green, unripe bananas...

I recall that article... I was hoping they'd look in the mirror and realize 3 years is too long to fuck off and do nothing at their ages.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• 78/84 guy
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2005

LOL they are at an age where it's risky to buy green, unripe bananas...

I recall that article... I was hoping they'd look in the mirror and realize 3 years is too long to fuck off and do nothing at their ages.
            That will take them 5 years !!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

When Rolling Stone asks Van Halen after the show about the band's current plans, the guitarist is ambivalent, noting that the group has no immediate plans to record or tour. "I’d love to make a studio record," he says. "Depends on everybody’s timing. I don’t know what Dave [Lee Roth] is up to now. I don’t know if he’s living in New York or Japan or wherever he is."
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• mh5150
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...onian-20150213

When Rolling Stone asks Van Halen after the show about the band's current plans, the guitarist is ambivalent, noting that the group has no immediate plans to record or tour. "I’d love to make a studio record," he says. "Depends on everybody’s timing. I don’t know what Dave [Lee Roth] is up to now. I don’t know if he’s living in New York or Japan or wherever he is."
                Strange indeed...
                Maybe something is going on or not going on... Is there more to the blackout?

GET READY...

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• VHscraps
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2009

Difficult not to be super curious about Dave's 'disappearance' after that. I mean, there's an album out next month and they don't know what Dave is up to, where he is ...
                  THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2009

Maybe Dave has done a Leonard Cohen - shaved his head and retreated to a Buddhist monastery.
                    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VHscraps
                      Difficult not to be super curious about Dave's 'disappearance' after that. I mean, there's an album out next month and they don't know what Dave is up to, where he is ...

It's tough to say....

I still hold firm with the opinion that the sudden blackout of the "DDE media" (as Shelly described it) is more legal-based rather than any quabbling that he and the VH bros may have.....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VHscraps
                        Veteran
                        • Jul 2009

It's tough to say....

I still hold firm with the opinion that the sudden blackout of the "DDE media" (as Shelly described it) is more legal-based rather than any quabbling that he and the VH bros may have.....
                        Hope so!
                        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
                          Maybe Dave has done a Leonard Cohen - shaved his head and retreated to a Buddhist monastery.
                          Presumably then, he's cooking a lot of rice?
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

This just screams bullshit to me.. You want to know where Dave is? He'll be the first motherfucker at the studio, that's where.
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
                              This just screams bullshit to me..
                              I totally believe it.

I hope Ed has caller ID. I bet with that tidbit of info out there, Clichegar will be calling...

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                                I totally believe it.

I hope Ed has caller ID. I bet with that tidbit of info out there, Clichegar will be calling...
                                Yeah, Ed won't pick up, but here's the message that will be on the Howdy Doody Mountain voice mail.......

Yo Ed, this is Sam! Look, I know you said I would never be in the band again, and you got tired of my cheesy lyrics and all that shit, but here's the thing man, we don't have to call it Van Hagar. Joe Satriani got sick of my ass, so let's just make you the new Chickenshit guitarist. Chad Smith can't fuckin' stand me either, so Al can come too, alright. You bring the keyboards, I got the tequila!
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...