• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FALCO
    Groupie
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx
    Yeahhhh... no

15 comments on Blabbermouth as of the posting of these sound clips...
    Diamond Dave getting crucified... and personally I don't see how ANY VH / DLR fan has a leg to stand on defending this!!!

It's NOT '07/'08 anymore...

Ouch

FALCO
    \m/ \m/
    NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
    'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
    "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

First impressions from the samples... This sounds 10x better than any bootleg available anywhere... ever. Sound quality, instrument separation and mix specifically.

Ed, Al & Wolf's performance is great... full of high energy of a typical Van Halen LIVE performance. The backing vocals... especially the harmonization between Ed & Wolf sound rock solid, on key and great!! I know Donnie will hate me for saying this but... Wolf's high end harmony in the backing vocals sound better than Mike's in the live format as Mike tended to push his high register over red-line like Dave does live.

Dave sounds ok for some parts... when he's in his "normal" register and close in the key/octave of the original version of the songs he's all there. I guess I just don't care much for the creative license he's taken and in some cases he's strayed too far from the core melody of certain songs. The high register stuff sucks the life out of certain songs.

But... I have to remind myself and probably a lot of you... Van Halen live was never about reproducing a close proximity of their studio versions. Especially Dave's vocals. How many times have many of us had to point out that Dave's an entertainer not a note-for-note precision singer. That "who gives a shit... we're takin no prisoners" attitude to live performances is what Dave has always been about...

Another factor just dawned on me... At the moment, I'm critiquing a Van Halen live experience. Sitting in my office, sipping early morning coffee and stone sober as a preacher on Sunday... Not exactly the ambiance of a live concert, partied up and surrounded by thousands of knuckleheads in a similar state... Where's my beer goggles..?
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Man, that bass sounds like shit...

So does Edwad's buzzsaw tone...

And the backing vocals sound like three drunks at a bar...

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

I have just received an exclusive copy of the live DVD that will accompany this new live record!!

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by zahzoo
            this sounds 10x better than any bootleg available anywhere... Ever.
            bull fucking shit !!

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              First impressions from the samples... This sounds 10x better than any bootleg available anywhere... ever. Sound quality, instrument separation and mix specifically.

Ed, Al & Wolf's performance is great... full of high energy of a typical Van Halen LIVE performance. The backing vocals... especially the harmonization between Ed & Wolf sound rock solid, on key and great!! I know Donnie will hate me for saying this but... Wolf's high end harmony in the backing vocals sound better than Mike's in the live format as Mike tended to push his high register over red-line like Dave does live.

Dave sounds ok for some parts... when he's in his "normal" register and close in the key/octave of the original version of the songs he's all there. I guess I just don't care much for the creative license he's taken and in some cases he's strayed too far from the core melody of certain songs. The high register stuff sucks the life out of certain songs.

But... I have to remind myself and probably a lot of you... Van Halen live was never about reproducing a close proximity of their studio versions. Especially Dave's vocals. How many times have many of us had to point out that Dave's an entertainer not a note-for-note precision singer. That "who gives a shit... we're takin no prisoners" attitude to live performances is what Dave has always been about...

Another factor just dawned on me... At the moment, I'm critiquing a Van Halen live experience. Sitting in my office, sipping early morning coffee and stone sober as a preacher on Sunday... Not exactly the ambiance of a live concert, partied up and surrounded by thousands of knuckleheads in a similar state... Where's my beer goggles..?
              Congrats. You just made Van Halen's retard list.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

"who gives a shit... "

Van Halen camp to their fans
                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

"Take no prisoners"?? This sounds more like take it up the ass. And I don't mean that in a good way.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

The backing vocals... especially the harmonization between Ed & Wolf sound rock solid, on key and great!!
                    OMG...

Lay off the glycol...

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

I feel like a prisoner trying to listen to this crap...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Is PAINama the first "single" ??

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

They should use this shit to get prisoners to talk, instead of waterboarding them.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

It's amazing, when you take away most of the crowd noise you can hear just how utterly lacking the background vocals are. They could have hired the fat chick from Heart to sing and it would have sounded better.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Fuck this, I'm going to blast VH I!
                              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                                Fuck this, I'm going to blast VH I!
                                But that's not the REAL Van Halen - this is! So break out your wallets and bend the fuck over!

Comment

Working...