• Apr 2005

By carrots logic, this one is better

I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Here carrot. I took this picture on Oct. 16th, 1981 in Wichita, Kansas at the Kansas Coliseum. When Dave at the very least, attempted to sing the songs in the right register. When Van Halen was Van Halen.

Yeah, I'll take one of these shows out of the vault, over this 2013 "definitive live album", because I'm an asshole.

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        Ya know, it's probably just something we say down here - ATM machine. Kinda like garden hose. We call 'em hose pipes. Which is all sorts of redundant but it works lol
        It's much better in Dutch ... Geldautomat.

Yeah, gimme some fucking geld
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I took this one in Buffalo, NY. I don't remember the fucking date. Yeah carrot, this was better than the shows I saw in '79, '80, '81, '82 and '84.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Von Halen
            You are a dumbass. You don't want the vaulted material from the REAL motherfucking VAN HALEN, because it's old material, but you want an inferior performance of the SAME FUCKING OLD MATERIAL, because it was recorded more recently. Guess what else you stupid fucking carrot. We already have this garbage too, just like the other bootleg stuff you so adamantly say we already have. So why are you so hot for this album, if we already have it? Oh, I already answered that for you. Because you are STUPID!

As far as the LIVE stuff goes, I prefer LIVE and unfucked with. I am the one that wants the US Festival thrown onto DVD with ZERO manipulation done to it, other than it being from the original source.

But I am NOT going to sit here and act like these HORRIBLE fucking versions of these songs are great, just because they were recorded in 2013 instead of 1983. You fucking idiots can polish this turd all you want, but it's still a fucking turd. You want to spend $10 on this shit because it'll make you feel better, go right the fuck ahead. This shit wouldn't make my list if I was stranded on a desert island. I'd fucking listen to Oklahoma City 1978 a zillion times before ONE of these fucking songs from this "definitive live album" EVER made it to my ears on my fucking iphone, ipod or iwhatthefuckever.

You get beat up by the bully only so many times before you either kick his ass, or you find a different way home from school. These motherfuckers just keep fucking us, their most loyal diehard fans, because we can't seem to find a different route home. Well guess what? I've found a different route. I ain't buying this shit. Neither will the rest of the world. This motherfucking "definitive live album" won't go gold, platinum or motherfucking cubic zirconia. It won't sell enough to reach the plastic status they will use to make the LP's with. This is going to be a big fat fucking FAILURE, that they won't be able to deny! Maybe, just maybe, this will mean enough of us have stood up to this bully, and they'll be forced to release a real live show, when they were really good. Yeah, you suck dick motherfuckers can sit there and say "well, they really weren't that great live back in the day either". BULLFUCKINGSHIT!! At one time they were REALLY FUCKING GOOD! But it sure as fuck wasn't in 2013!

It's not that I don't -want- VH Vault material as you say it's that I don't -like- vault material.

You can want a like all you want without my blessing.

You keep on and on about VH fucking you because they won't do what you want.

They are doing exactly what I want because I ask for nothing except movement forward and new material. DLR in the mix.

Even older tunes done live is new material.

Tattoo was new material even as old tunes from 1973 -77 rehashed to the new style guitars Ed uses now and awesome'ized by the age of the players and wolfs contributions..

I usually take my lady the a show/ concert we have dinner first, drinks afterwards, dance all night somewhere, then top the evening off with perhaps some filthy sexual extravaganza orchestrated by me.

The concert is just a stop off on my tour of the world.

Now dig that.
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
              It's not that I don't -want- VH Vault material as you say it's that I don't -like- vault material.
              Hate to tell you this, but that's exactly what this garbage show is. Vault material.

They are doing exactly what I want because I ask for nothing except movement forward and new material. DLR in the mix.
              You call this moving forward, and new material? You are more fucking delusional than even I gave you credit for.

I usually take my lady the a show/ concert we have dinner first, drinks afterwards, dance all night somewhere, then top the evening off with perhaps some filthy sexual extravaganza orchestrated by me.
              Pics or it didn't happen. If you need any help with that on the next tour, let me know. I'm talking about the sexual extravaganza with your wife, not the pics. Oh, why not. I'm talking about the pics too.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Here carrot. I took this picture on Oct. 16th, 1981 in Wichita, Kansas at the Kansas Coliseum. When Dave at the very least, attempted to sing the songs in the right register. When Van Halen was Van Halen.

Yeah, I'll take on of these shows out of the vault, over this 2013 "definitive live album", because I'm an asshole.

I am always way in the back (except early 1970s, someday I will tell you about being crowd crushed up against a wall of Marshall stacks for a hour 1976 Aerosmith show ears haven't stopped ringing WHAT I just told you HUH what!!!!.)) on the first seated level in the middle of the arena for the best sound I bring binocs or a camera to see the band up close zoom lenses, you see because I want the whole show and most of the time back then I was fucking some slut up against a wall in the bathroom, while you were in the mosh pit with the other homos. Worshipping the band its just a show to me part of the day .

Like when I lost friends because I would go to styx concerts or the KOOL Jazz festivals.. instead of Sabbath again, no pussy at the Sabbath shows, well not 50 to 1 like styx and R&B.

Great pics by the way.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I took this one in Buffalo, NY. I don't remember the fucking date. Yeah carrot, this was better than the shows I saw in '79, '80, '81, '82 and '84.

I believe that is Ed's Play-doh Frankie
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

And here's another smash hit LIVE Van Halen track from V&D Productions' soon to be released ultimate bad ass fuck you if you don't like it LIVE record!

Hot For Teacher - Click It Motherfuckers!
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                      Full Member Status

• May 2010

Here is some of my photo work

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                        I believe that is Ed's Play-doh Frankie
                        I like this one better....

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                          Seeing as how this new record sucks so mightily, Von and I have decided to put out our very own definitive live Van Halen record! The cover artwork below sucks but it's just as good as the crap on the new VH record. Plus we don't have to pay Van Halen a penny because it ain't Van Halen - just like this new live record THEY are selling. So PM me now for your very own copy!

Super Duper FREE Bonus Track Preview Right Here!!

Light Up The Sky Motherfuckers!! Click Here To Listen
                          Don't try and pull a Van Halen Bait-N-Switch™ marketing move...

Show them the real picture...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            Don't try and pull a Van Halen Bait-N-Switch™ marketing move...

Show them the real picture...

This is THE best post in the entire thread!!

Comment

• VetteLS5
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Never was
                              This does not sound good. Band played well but the mix is not good, and Dave's vocals seem more isolated due to the mix which highlights his off spots rather than blend em. Not a good job
                              My thoughts as well. I actually stumbled across the last 30 seconds or so when I changed radio stations in the car. Uggh. Here's what went out over the airwaves after the song was over, verbatim:

DJ (answering phone call): Hi, you're caller 100, what did you think of the latest from Van Halen?

Caller: What was that? Is that what that was?

DJ: Yeah, that's the new live release.

Caller: No it's not. Really. Who was that singing?

DJ: That's David Lee Roth.

Caller: Wow, I can't believe it.

DJ: Yeah, me neither.

Caller: That sounded horrible.

I then changed the station. I swear I am not making this up either.

Who in the world talked them into releasing this thing????

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Van Halen live album pre-order thread...

Post here if you took the plunge...

I for one did not...

Comment

Working...