X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    Let's compare this version of Hear About It Later to the one we will supposedly get from the Tokyo Dome show.

Watch this one, then go watch the version from Tokyo. Discuss
    No match, it's plain to hear. But who would be fooled? Of course what they offered in 2012-13 didn't compare at all with the glory days.

The question is: what should be left as (and said to be) the "DEFINITIVE" live album? How could the VH bros and Dave consider the Tokyo Dome footage as the Van Halen stuff to remember?

I'll buy it anyway, hoping for old live recordings to be released later. And they will "have to", someday. But they couldn't release 2013 Tokyo Dome if they did Oakland '81 before.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Not a bad show at all........Ed's spot on throughout and does a great solo.

A YouTube quality live audience taped show is never going to stand up to a professionally done board mix.

Decent set list, too!

I'll give it a look once someone syncs up the HD footage!

I agree that this is being judged from a disappointment at what they should of put out level, still not buying it though
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
        The question is: what should be left as (and said to be) the "DEFINITIVE" live album?
        Right Here Right Now ??

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
          No match, it's plain to hear. But who would be fooled? Of course what they offered in 2012-13 didn't compare at all with the glory days.

The question is: what should be left as (and said to be) the "DEFINITIVE" live album? How could the VH bros and Dave consider the Tokyo Dome footage as the Van Halen stuff to remember?

I'll buy it anyway, hoping for old live recordings to be released later. And they will "have to", someday. But they couldn't release 2013 Tokyo Dome if they did Oakland '81 before.
          True..the earlier stuff would blow the doors off the new..especially Dave..band was tighter back in the day but still top notch today..the vocals have dropped a bit..not Vince Neil bad yet...but noticeable..

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

It's way beyond noticeable...

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
              the vocals have dropped a bit..not Vince Neil bad yet...
              Denial is a horrible thing.

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Dave's voice isn't shot, per say!

Why he keeps trying sing these songs in a higher register is just plain silly.

Can't anyone sit down and reason with him?
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by kwame k

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funniest fucking post of the last several years!

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

He's a drummer...

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

You're a tool

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Von Halen
                        Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funniest fucking post of the last several years!
                        Why?

Considering the tens of millions of dollars at stake and possibly going back out on a rehash tour.........you'd think maybe this time around they might want a complete band firing on all cylinders instead of the battling who's gonna suck on this tour that Dave and Ed have been doing!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

In the CFTH book, Dave references pressing too hard vocally during the Electric Ladyland demo with Simmons. I think some of the shrill tones he's been hitting in recent years aren't that far removed from what he was reaching for on that 39 year old demo. It's a mystery to me how he's constantly doing that thing that is most notable on DTNA. Maybe his pipes are going through the exact opposite change as David Bowie and Elton John. God only knows. And he ain't talkin'.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by kwame k
                            Dave's voice isn't shot, per say!

Why he keeps trying sing these songs in a higher register is just plain silly.

I would think he has heard the mastered tape by now. So if he every goes on a stage again you would think after hearing that shit he would, or will change whatever the hell he is doing wrong. If not he either can't or doesn't care. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                              It's a mystery to me how he's constantly doing that thing that is most notable on DTNA.
                              I think that song triggers Dave's inner woman and his fucking estrogen starts pumping heavy... he tends to prance around like fucking Tinker-Bell during that song too... Coincidence?
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Dave's inner woman ??

Comment

Working...