Thread: Smooth Intentions (Power Trio) - New Music Video Single

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-22-2016 @ 07:49 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Sad. You too like this corporate rock nonsense. I blame Obama.

There was only one band that came out of Kangaroo Humping Land that was worth a shit. And that was the Lime Spiders.

And that drummer is way too cute to be a drummer. He's damn cute. Most drummers end up looking like this guy:
    Haha, blame Obama. AC/DC?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

I still think it was a cool tune, and more power to this band...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Uuuufff...maybe Kristy is right...I'm drinking on my day off, watching NASCAR at Daytona and preparing tomato/chorizo soup with grilled cheese/ham sandwiches...

Oh, what the hell...I publicly admit to being an over age teenager, forever wallowing in a mind-fucking swamp of sorrow for my lost days.

At least I have the nuts to say it.

And ya know what? I don't give a flying fuck about who approves of that or not.

Please, eat me...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    And ya know what? I don't give a flying fuck about who approves of that or not.
    You better give a fuck if I approve or not.

The way life works.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You better give a fuck if I approve or not.

The way life works.
    WHY? I agree with you on most points, politely agree to disagree on a few others. Is there a need to hold an upper hand? I believe not.

Your defense of Ace Diamond comes to mind, in which I seconded you. Yet now, suddenly, I am some milk toast raised, FM radio-adoring moron with little, if any musical intellectuality or perception? REALLY?

Awww...what the hell...it's back to vodka and NASCAR fer me.

Yet you simply can not deny that the guy on bass can play quite brilliantly, even though he's miming in a video. And the other two guys ain't no mouth-breathing slouches, either...

6. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Droomer5150 (02-20-2015)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Don't waste your time like that, my friend...

8. 2 users say thank you to ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (02-20-2015),Droomer5150 (02-20-2015)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    WHY? I agree with you on most points, politely agree to disagree on a few others. Is there a need to hold an upper hand? I believe not.
    Not really. In some instances, I get off on telling men what to do and how to do it. But that's a completely different topic.

Your defense of Ace Diamond comes to mind, in which I seconded you. Yet now, suddenly, I am some milk toast raised, FM radio-adoring moron with little, if any musical intellectuality or perception? REALLY?
    Ace may be a character and downright ridiculous but I've yet to see many here who claim to be musicians actually doing something about their love for playing. Give him credit. He is quite passionate about what he does and doing it in front of live people while those here who constantly put him down never leaves the confines of their (parents) basement.

Yet you simply can not deny that the guy on bass can play quite brilliantly, even though he's miming in a video. And the other two guys ain't no mouth-breathing slouches, either...
    Yes, I "simply" can. I used to work in a musical instrument store as an undergrad that gave musical instructions many by teachers who had Ph.D's in music. I saw and (unfortunately) heard many kids who played bass like that after a few lessons. Many of them were in bands who played and sounded just like these Sade "Smooth Operators" do.

They may have talent. I'm not denying but what they are playing is nothing new, different, or unique.

10. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (02-20-2015)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fair play.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not really. In some instances, I get off on telling men what to do and how to do it. But that's a completely different topic.

Ace may be a character and downright ridiculous but I've yet to see many here who claim to be musicians actually doing something about their love for playing. Give him credit. He is quite passionate about what he does and doing it in front of live people while those here who constantly put him down never leaves the confines of their (parents) basement.

Yes, I "simply" can. I used to work in a musical instrument store as an undergrad that gave musical instructions many by teachers who had Ph.D's in music. I saw and (unfortunately) heard many kids who played bass like that after a few lessons. Many of them were in bands who played and sounded just like these Sade "Smooth Operators" do.

They may have talent. I'm not denying but what they are playing is nothing new, different, or unique.
    Ok now you're just talking shit. A kid starting off playing bass after a few bass lessons can NOT play bass like that. The finger strength it takes to play the bass in the bridge of our song like that, not just the speed/notes etc. The actual finger intensity of playing the bass that style to get that specific tone (like Geddy Lees sound) can not be achieved on your first few lessons of bass. "I used to work at a musical instrument store". WOW you must be the greatest musician in the world. Please tell me more about how much authority you have to tell me I should stop doing what means the world to me and what I love and enjoy doing. LOL.

"I've yet to see many here who claim to be musicians actually doing something about their love for playing" You just DID see a member of this board, who IS a musician doing something about their love of playing. I play in this band, another original (who's guitarist is a music lecturer at University and I also play in 3 tribute bands with him) and a coverband. I record bands, record my own music, do session drumming for other artists and gig regularly to great feedback. If that's not someone doing something about their love for playing I don't know what is.

You seem like a really self righteous, bitter person. Say what you want about our music but don't talk nonsense about how anyone could play that with playing tone on their after a few lessons. Thanks for saying with have talent though!

"He is quite passionate about what he does and doing it in front of live people while those here who constantly put him down never leaves the confines of their (parents) basement"
    Hahaha. You are a hypocrite.
    Last edited by Droomer5150; 02-20-2015 at 08:35 PM.

13. Thanked Droomer5150 for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (02-20-2015)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That in and of itself is precisely the point. I have given Ace credit in the past, now I'm giving these three kids merit as well. Yet you seem to fathom some hierarchy where one does not exist. I simply do not get it, all the more coming from you.

15. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Droomer5150 (02-20-2015)

ALABAMA CHROME!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2017 @ 03:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Why is anyone paying attention to ramblings of the chreeestee bot anyway???

17. 2 users say thank you to qikgts for this KICKASS post:

Droomer5150 (02-20-2015),Kristy (02-20-2015)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    Why is anyone paying attention to ramblings of the chreeestee bot anyway???
    I just gave up after reading that last post of rambling nonsense...RAMBLE ON!!! "AYE"

19. Thanked Droomer5150 for this KICKASS post:

qikgts (02-20-2015)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Droomer5150 View Post
    I just gave up after reading that last post of rambling nonsense...RAMBLE ON!!! "AYE"

21. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Droomer5150 (02-21-2015)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I used to work in a musical instrument store as an undergrad that gave musical instructions many by teachers who had Ph.D's in music. I saw and (unfortunately) heard many kids who played bass like that after a few lessons.
    That's a bunch of incoherent bullshit...

You're full of it...

You sold drumsticks with shit on them...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Crescendo Music.

May it rest in peace.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ok now you're just talking shit. A kid starting off playing bass after a few bass lessons can NOT play bass like that.
    One: fuck you

and

Two: yes anyone can. Especially that canned Geddy Lee style of pretentiousness.

"I used to work at a musical instrument store". WOW you must be the greatest musician in the world. Please tell me more about how much authority you have to tell me I should stop doing what means the world to me and what I love and enjoy doing. LOL.
    Listen, you kangaroo humping fuckwad, exactly where did I say I was a "musician"? Sorry, I have standards for myself.

"I've yet to see many here who claim to be musicians actually doing something about their love for playing" You just DID see a member of this board, who IS a musician doing something about their love of playing. I play in this band, another original (who's guitarist is a music lecturer at University and I also play in 3 tribute bands with him) and a coverband. I record bands, record my own music, do session drumming for other artists and gig regularly to great feedback. If that's not someone doing something about their love for playing I don't know what is.
    Good for you! Still, what you play is tedious, boring and uninspiring. It's white suburban horseshit.

You seem like a really self righteous, bitter person. Say what you want about our music but don't talk nonsense about how anyone could play that with playing tone on their after a few lessons. Thanks for saying with have talent though!
    I've seen it happen. Many times. Kids who took lessons, formed a band and played the same crap you churn out.

"He is quite passionate about what he does and doing it in front of live people while those here who constantly put him down never leaves the confines of their (parents) basement" Hahaha. You are a hypocrite.
    Am I? At least what Ace does is somewhat entertaining as compared to your Totoally carbon copy/corporate-sounding recycled drek. Show me a live video of your dismal dog and pony show doing something as half as amusing as Ace and I'll recant.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

One: fuck you

and

Two: yes anyone can. Especially that canned Geddy Lee style of pretentiousness.

Listen, you kangaroo humping fuckwad, exactly where did I say I was a "musician"? Sorry, I have standards for myself.

Good for you! Still, what you play is tedious, boring and uninspiring. It's white suburban horseshit.

I've seen it happen. Many times. Kids who took lessons, formed a band and played the same crap you churn out.

Am I? At least what Ace does is somewhat entertaining as compared to your Totoally carbon copy/corporate-sounding recycled drek. Show me a live video of your dismal dog and pony show doing something as half as amusing as Ace and I'll recant.
    "Listen, you kangaroo humping fuckwad" Hahaha, that's great! You're really passionate about this

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Such a awesome performance. Jimmy Page has such a badass stage presence, he just looks so cool when he plays haha.

Got the Wembley show on blu-ray, it's an great concert! "80,000 backup singers!"

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    "Listen, you kangaroo humping fuckwad" Hahaha, that's great! You're really passionate about this
    Oh, for fuck's sake.

28. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

Droomer5150 (02-21-2015)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hey everyone! Our debut EP "Transition" is out now on iTunes, CD Baby and Amazon MP3 if anyone that dug the music video is keen to hear the whole thing! You can also hear the previews as well. So cool having it on legit stores! Some big VH influences thrown around in there haha, the title track "Transition" has a massive Eddie/Alex inspired 1:30 long solo section haha, with Geddy Lee style bass. So much fun to record. Very proud of it! Check it out. https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/tr...ep/id966803741

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Where's the free version ??

31. Thanked ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (03-10-2015)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Where's the free version ??
    LOL. Support your next generation musicians!

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

FLAC and MP3 format on CD Baby for the audio purists! http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smoothintentions

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    So cool having it on legit stores!
    Sesh tried that once...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kristy View Post

examples:

cool -- that is the only thing cool about lou reed, not, because he is boring!

way cool (and sexy as fuck) -- who is this overrated punk! Jonas brothers have more talent in their nut sacks!

jew cool -- ramones get a free pass because i have nothing good to say
    you:
    your "power trio" looks like vacuous douche bottles that someone threw away in a park.
    ghey!
    Last edited by Mushroom; 03-10-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Here's the video...
    IMO Videos can ruin music experience. And in this case the vocals remind me of Weird Al Yankovic. But the music is pretty cool. Good Job!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    ghey!
    You do try. You fail. But you do try.