Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Christ, the slim, bottom of the barrel extras tacked onto these things...do we really need a rehash of the ghastly Song Remains The Same soundtrack? I'm waiting to see what Presence offers, the most smash-mouth album they ever released. Problem is, more than likely no live stuff, as Page was so stuffed with heroin he could barely stand up, let alone play.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

It's the con remains the same. I did not go into the "Companion Disc" here because it's incredibly dull. Although I am willing to admit the "rough orchestration mix" (or whatever) of 'Driving Through Kashmir' does sound better than the final product. I only had that CD for about 4 hours that day, gave that dreak a one listen walk though and then set fire to it. Okay, I gave it back wondering why any hardcore true Schleppy fan would take interest in these remasters other than looking Spinal Tap good on a bookshelf. Meaning they should never be touched and/or played.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        But it has a great beat and I can dance to it!
        You must be whiter than this guy:

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

What do Kristy and Physical Graphitti have in common?

Nothing...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

That actually sounds better than the initial release, as Plant does not sound like he is singing through an aquarium filter. Still not worth $19.99 at Best Buy.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

You went out and bought this!?

We can't be friends.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Odd though that Jonesy seems to be a lot louder in that mix than Page is.... or at least that's what it sound like on my PC's admittedly flawed sound system.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                    You went out and bought this!?

We can't be friends.
                    Ummm...NO. Only the dimmest of bulbs would actually waste effort or gas money to purchase this crap heap of a re-release. I bought the album, what, 39 years ago, so I'm gonna go out and get it yet again because there are some dreary studio outtakes (ALREADY BOOTLEGGED YEARS AGO) shuffled onto a third CD?

No thanks.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Were those tunes already bootlegged? Thought Page Incorporated stated that these were his own "personal, private outtakes." Of course that's bullshit. Sounds like these were "guide tracks" for the engineers for when that plagiarist wanted to do his pretentious overdubs. I wasn't even born 39 years ago but that does not matter for I cannot see anyone buying this double-slabbed pile of shit then as I would today.

Good job.

I charge for my friendship: $300/hr. Fetishes and spanking(s) extra.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Were those tunes already bootlegged? Thought Page Incorporated stated that these were his own "personal, private outtakes." Of course that's bullshit. Sounds like these were "guide tracks" for the engineers for when that plagiarist wanted to do his pretentious overdubs. I wasn't even born 39 years ago but that does not matter for I cannot see anyone buying this double-slabbed pile of shit then as I would today.

Good job.

I charge for my friendship: $300/hr. Fetishes and spanking(s) extra.
                        You sure worry a lot about a band you can't stand. Angry are we ?? I'm going on a Nirvana rant next week. Stay tuned !

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Good for you.

The 'Deluxe' versh of Nevermind is just...terrible.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There was a 10 disc box set of Zeppelin out takes released a few years back. Many of them actually in listenable quality.

I don't even want to imagine what the price might have been on such a box set, given bootleg "retail" prices, but I got it off The Trader's Den, so that wasn't a problem.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Geezus.....

I hadn't been to The Trader's Den in years (though I still have an account there) and I just looked over there to see if I could still find this Zep outtakes box. Didn't see that, but I saw at least two fan club threads dedicated to me, posted by Christ knows who, or Hell knows why, each 100s of pages long.

I've got a more dedicated fan club there than I do at VH Links (which I haven't posted at since 2007)
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I just have a fan

and a club

I have so much to learn about the world.

Comment

Working...