• Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
    Yeah, he shows up unexpectedly. First comment of the interview I posted:

Another:

See? Now tell me that's not scary. You're hanging out, all of a sudden Rutger Hauer is there, looking at you with his cold blue eyes. And you know you have to meet his stare, because if you show weakness, you're dead. But you also know you'll lose. He won't blink or look away first.
    Rutger is a bad ass! And scary too. And way cooler than anybody else.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think from memory he improvised a lot of his shit including that famous bit at the end.

Maybe that is a false implanted memory, it's too late on a Friday night to google it...

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        I think from memory he improvised a lot of his shit including that famous bit at the end.

Maybe that is a false implanted memory, it's too late on a Friday night to google it...
        If you had bothered to check the looooooong 6 minute video I posted, you'd know he talks about that bit.

He didn't improvise it, he wrote it & Ridley Scott let him use it.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Maybe you're a replicant and don't know it. Maybe we implanted that memory in your head.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Anonymous
            Banned
            • May 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            Maybe you're a replicant and don't know it. Maybe we implanted that memory in your head.
            He's not smart enough to be a replicant.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
              If you had bothered to check the looooooong 6 minute video I posted, you'd know he talks about that bit.

He didn't improvise it, he wrote it & Ridley Scott let him use it.
              Cool so I did and half remembered it.

That's better than average!

Comment

• Igosplut
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

What's threatening about a guy who's like 80???? His breath??
                Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It does seem odd he's signed up for Indiana Jones and Blade Runner sequels.

Comment

• Igosplut
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Like hiring the assisted-living people to look badass...
                    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                      Think how people from 1982 would laugh in our faces if they knew we were arguing about evolution right now. They would be excited about the new Van Halen live album though.
                      WTF? I'm people from 1982... we are not laughing.

Just shaking our heads wondering why idiots keep wasting time and money recycling mediocre movie plots that weren't all that great the first time around..? It's time to turn off the recycling machine in Hollywood... enough already!!
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        Hmm...how would Deckard have aged since he's a replicant?
                        Looks like they are just ignoring that plot hole...

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

This weekend makes the 35th anniversary of Blade Runner—and to mark the occasion, we’ve gotten an excellent new behind-the-scenes featurette about its sequel from the cast and crew, which sheds some light on the world of 2049 Los Angeles, as well as how Blade Runner 2049 is trying to set itself apart from the original.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've stopped watching trailers where possible especially #2s and #3s.

The teaser trailers aren't too bad but then it gets ridiculous with the people selling the movie happy to show the end, all the best lines, anything to make you go spoiling it to fuckery.

I would probably be going to this just based on the directors last 2 films, Blade Runner or not.

Not something you would say about Ridley Scott these days who understandably at 80 seems to have lost some of his powers in the last 10 years...

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

I thought Prometheus was okay. Alien Covenant a little less so.

Scott hasn't lost much ability far as cinematography and atmospherics goes.

The thing with Blade Runner was that he had that great Philip K. Dick book ('Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?') from which multiple screenplay drafts had been crafted prior to him even signing on to the film as his starting point when he took on Blade Runner. He doesn't have that advantage with this film.

As mentioned in the thread, more than a few films these days suffer from a lack of decent writers/story ideas providing decent input in the pre-production stages. The idea seems to be that if you blow the viewer away with CGI and stunt action, they won't notice things like plot holes, continuity problems with the storyline or trite dialogue chock full of clichés.

From the trailers I have seen, it looks like it will be visually stunning. However, I think I saw Jared Leto in one of them, and that's not necessarily a good sign far as I'm concerned (I think the guy is an overacting ham and a hack).

However, Blade Runner 2 is really the only movie being released this year that I'm making a point of going to see in the theater. I'm going to temper my expectations and not mentally compare and contrast it with the first movie while I'm watching it, and try to enjoy it on its own terms...as much as one can with a sequel, anyway.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...