Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,392 Times in 6,052 Posts

Harrison Ford Confirmed For Blade Runner 2

Harrison Ford Confirmed For Blade Runner 2
    Denis Villeneuve is in talks to direct

27 February 2015 | Written by James White
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43568

We’ve been through the various stages of possibility about Harrison Ford returning to another of his iconic sci-fi films as the Blade Runner sequel has made its way across the harsh cityscape of development. He’s thinking about it! He likes the script but he’s not sure! He’s been offered the gig... Well, now he’s officially aboard to once more play Rick Deckard.

With Ridley Scott acting as producer on this one, confirming word from around the Exodus press tour that he wouldn’t be back in the director’s chair given his schedule, Prisoners’ Denis Villeneuve is in negotiations to take over that job, which would see him working from a script by Hampton Fancher, co-writer of the 1982 original, who cranked out the words this time with Michael Green.

As for what story those words will tell? So far, the only real details is that, like Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the new film will acknowledge the passage of time and is set several decades after Scott’s first crack at adapting Philip K. Dick’s Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?. Will it confirm the theory that Deckard himself is a Replicant? How will society have changed? And given that modern day cities now resemble the futuristic, advert-drenched Los Angeles of 2019 (aside from the flying cars, darn it), how will a sequel made now jump the visuals forward so that it still seems like the future? We’ll have to wait to find out, as the plan is not to start shooting until summer 2016, which means the new movie won’t hit screens until 2017 at the earliest.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

What a fucking great film that was! Blade Runner...

Daryl Hannah was beyond gorgeous, and her character was very interesting.
    The actress who acted as the enigmatic Rachel did a great job.
    Rutger Hauer offered such a memorable scene in the last moments of his character.

Harrison Ford's performance really looked dull to me. But I'll rush to my fave movie theater as soon as this follow-up is showing.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Jérôme Frenchise for this KICKASS post:

Terry (07-20-2017)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    Need to start making better movies. I think the script writing in much of what they are making now sucks.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
    Rutger Hauer offered such a memorable scene in the last moments of his character.
    I only found out in the last year or two that he wrote that speech himself.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I only found out in the last year or two that he wrote that speech himself.
    I'm only finding out now that you're mentioning it. Thanks!

Makes his performance even more excellent!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Hmm...how would Deckard have aged since he's a replicant?

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    09-12-2020 @ 06:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Think how people from 1982 would laugh in our faces if they knew we were arguing about evolution right now. They would be excited about the new Van Halen live album though.

9. 2 users say thank you to ODShowtime for this KICKASS post:

binnie (03-12-2015),Seshmeister (03-02-2015)

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    06-21-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Loved the first one have it on VHS still and DVD...

Here is my take at the moment may change just don't know.

Old assed Harrison Ford propped up by cables and various apparatuses in front of a Green Screen for one week posing for the cameras....gets paid 1 million bucks. Goes home.

Then the idiots at ILM spend 200 million dollars CGI'ing a movie around the images of Ford.

With 400 graphic artist getting their sticky dirty little fingers all muddied up in the CGI not to mention the 50 middle management goofs who will ruin the movie with their editing skills.

It will look like a CGI lesson in, Hey, why does the movies look like a cartoon?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, I don't think Scott is gonna fuck it up.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I have heard some pretty mixed reviews of Prometheus though although to be honest I haven't seen it yet myself.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I have just seen so many good movies gone CGI ( which is the way it is done these days) just looking like shit they don't travel to deepest darkest Africa anymore to shoot a movie about jungle madness they just draw cartoon computer jungle scenes on the green screen images of the actors shot is LA California.

It is too easy to see the lack of true artistry in movies anymore I love artists and I get it but it seems to unveil these movies as way to unrealistic in their approach to what scene content is.

CGI has its uses but it has completely replaced acting and creativity with body image relationships as how can we make this fit in this space then deliver the image as realtime....even situation comedies look like sci fi movies.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I have heard some pretty mixed reviews of Prometheus though although to be honest I haven't seen it yet myself.
    I'm still kinda conflicted about that movie. I liked it but I wasn't thrilled by it. Then again, I didn't like any of the Alien sequels either. I think if they had cut the movie down to bare bones - like the original Alien - then it would have been better.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clarathecarrot View Post
    I have just seen so many good movies gone CGI ( which is the way it is done these days) just looking like shit they don't travel to deepest darkest Africa anymore to shoot a movie about jungle madness they just draw cartoon computer jungle scenes on the green screen images of the actors shot is LA California.

It is too easy to see the lack of true artistry in movies anymore I love artists and I get it but it seems to unveil these movies as way to unrealistic in their approach to what scene content is.

CGI has its uses but it has completely replaced acting and creativity with body image relationships as how can we make this fit in this space then deliver the image as realtime....even situation comedies look like sci fi movies.
    Holy hell - not only did I understand every word of that post, I totally agree with it lol

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I'm still kinda conflicted about that movie. I liked it but I wasn't thrilled by it. Then again, I didn't like any of the Alien sequels either. I think if they had cut the movie down to bare bones - like the original Alien - then it would have been better.
    I hear the new Aliens movie is going to pretend that 3 and 4 didn't happen.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The third, The Mummy with Jet li was awful Fraser seemed like he knew it was a bad script and phoned it in his kid went from 6 years old to 17 and they replaced Wiesz with someone else and then I don't think a single scene was shot without green screen and if looked like crap to me.

They seem to have spent 100 million on CGI and gave the actors/set designers/camera operators..etc.. 50bucks.It is like they CGI it all elevated image and send it to the viewer as a lightning bolt....one day it will just be hipno-toad up there staring at a confused audience...19$ PLEASE..

How could they even do this all the other in the series were great even the spin-off with the rock was pretty damn good. They have become dependent and CGI logistically it is so much easier than actually making a movie.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I hear the new Aliens movie is going to pretend that 3 and 4 didn't happen.
    I have the trilogy on VHS saw the 4th in the theater never bothered to buy it .

I still get a chill from the first one late at night cant sleep I pop that baby in and it is like fuck'n spooky all over again,classic.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think what made the first one work so well was that it was bare bones. Sure, the sets and "effects" as far as the miniatures and stuff were awesome. But it was a bare bones story: something's coming and it ain't good. Plus you had an incredible cast of actors to pull it off.

I know nothing about this next Alien movie that's about to be made. But I wish they'd just reboot the fucker. The last thing I want to see is a juiced up Sig Weaver running around killing shit. And for God's sake - make the ships (cause it has to be set in space) look like they did in the first one: industrial pieces that are nothing special, well except for the fact that they're space ships.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I am a big 1950s scfi nut and one of my favorite directors writer special effects guys is Ray Harryhausen and he said on a interview that they have dialog in these movies but that just surrounds the creature (paraphrasing).

It is a sci fi flick it needs to have those elements and not just take place in a hallway with intense, I need a Oscar, jibby jabber.

Where are the spaceships!! that is my favorite line while watching..lol..

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As much as I love UFOs and shit like that....I've never really gotten into the 50s stuff. I should. When I was a kid I used to watch all sorts of B sci fi movies but they were mostly late 60s/early-mid 70s stuff.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I also do the 60s and 70s made films the Japanese Godzilla stuff just takes the edge off a bad day and I dig it.. I like the simplicity of a well made flick from those times as you mentioned bare bones but with something more than what most studios were producing at that time, in that idea of entertainment.. I don't ness, like the Horror slasher stuff but the first Jason and Friday the13th all good I like that stuff.

The Blade Runner movie could lend itself to CGI if done right what is more Replicant than CGI or what is more CGI than a replicants vision... of the world around him.

I buy my 50s films in widescreen with all the whistles and buzzers attached expensive hobby 5 movies might cost me 80bucks it is fun collection them but some I have thought were going to be good are unwatchable not so much due to the passage of time and lack of scifi skills some of those movies were just run off by the studios I guess to use up old black and white film stocks left over from the 1940s lol.

It can be hit and miss on bang for the buck.
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 03-02-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think a BR sequel has to be mostly shot as practical sets. There's just no other way to get the grainy look and feel of the original. And it has to have that film noir look that the original did. The clothes and the sets have to have that look. And like I said about a new Alien film, the technology has to have that same look...to steal a term - future primitive. Yeah sure there's flying cars. So what. They're no big deal. And the technology can't be what we see technology as - all slick and clean and pretty. It should just be there and not be all that impressive because it's been like that for so long that nobody really gives a shit how it looks any more.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Good post.

I doubt they can shoot and kill a woman anymore in these future flicks or any movies these days... even if she is a robot there will probably be a 97lb supermodel who will kick several professional killer styled male thugs asses and not have a scratch on her, equal to the male leads in the flick in strength.. or the lesbian alliance of equality for women in will say the film victimizes women. even if they are robots.

Movies these days are owned by special interest groups who barter money for the rights of image use.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You should check out the TV show Archer. With the exception of last season, it's set between 1970 - around 1973. But they have a lot of today's technology. So you have the look and feel of the late 60s/early 70s, with the cars and clothes but modern shit tossed in too. And there's no limitations as far as the PC bullshit that permeates today's society. And it's fucking hilarious.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    If you think Archer is funny you seriously need to upgrade your basic cable plan.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    If you think Archer is funny you seriously need to upgrade your basic cable plan.
    If this relationship is going to work you're going to have to at least pretend you like some of the same stuff that I do.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,252 Posts

I am confident that the new Blade Runner movie will suck.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 03:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,469 Posts

They don't have any golf courses in the future so I don't expect Harrison to be flying anything in this film....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

31. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Anonymous (01-08-2016),DONNIEP (01-08-2016)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

Good question. How the Hell would Androids age? I suppose their metal parts could degrade and rust, but the synthetic skin should be immune to aging.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

How do you know he's a replicant?

Only one version of the film made that clear, I think it was the Extended Director's Cut or something.

The original was purposefully left ambiguous.

I'd have thought a Star Wars fan like you would be more wary of these remastered versions released years later.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rutger Hauer always scared the shit out of me in every film of his I've watched.

He's the Ultimate Badass!

35. Thanked Anonymous for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (01-08-2016)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Moreno View Post
    How do you know he's a replicant?

Only one version of the film made that clear, I think it was the Extended Director's Cut or something.

The original was purposefully left ambiguous.

I'd have thought a Star Wars fan like you would be more wary of these remastered versions released years later.
    The one with the tin foil unicorn at the end showing that decked dreams were implanted that and for the last 20 years Ridley Scott has said he was

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rutger Hauer always scared the shit out of me in every film of his I've watched.

He's the Ultimate Badass!
    Nah he was great in the hitcher and movies about that time and then he became Mr straight to video.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    The one with the tin foil unicorn at the end showing that decked dreams were implanted that and for the last 20 years Ridley Scott has said he was
    Fuck Ridley Scott! Deckard shot first, I don't care about no revisionist bullshit.

Nah he was great in the hitcher and movies about that time and then he became Mr straight to video.
    He was still scary. And not in a sexual way. Just plain fear scary.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck Ridley Scott! Deckard shot first, I don't care about no revisionist bullshit.

He was still scary. And not in a sexual way. Just plain fear scary.
    Woooooow Ridley is a Geordie so by default he is fucking right and did Rutger scare you in his guinness ads

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

yes

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Woooooow Ridley is a Geordie so by default he is fucking right and did Rutger scare you in his guinness ads
    Ridley is a fucking PUSSY!

What the hell does he know about the film he made?

I read the goddamned book, Vandy! So I win!

If you wanna win discussions, you gotta read them BOOKS.

They make you more smarterer.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I just called my mom, because I'm fucking frightened.

I may have done a doodoo in my panties.

43. Thanked Anonymous for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (01-08-2016)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ridley is a fucking PUSSY!

What the hell does he know about the film he made?

I read the goddamned book, Vandy! So I win!

If you wanna win discussions, you gotta read them BOOKS.

They make you more smarterer.
    Yeah see what you mean having read the books an all
    But I digress we were discussing the movie not do androids dream of electric sheep I believe ............

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Yeah see what you mean having read the books an all
    But I digress we were discussing the movie not do androids dream of electric sheep I believe ............
    yeah! this^^^^ .... wtf....

Thread Information