Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ….or he could have whore give him an 8 ball on stage. It works for those old bags called Motley Crue.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by Heater View Post
      It looks like just slipped on a banana peel.
      No wonder why he has a medical alert bracelet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
        They don't even have shoes for fuck sake!
        For what sake ??

Comment

• Thought the guys did well. Loved the energy on the "streets". I'm sure someone drove by and thought Jay-Z was in town or something.
          Dave did sound pretty decent but it still kills me that the "ROCK-GOD" of the 70's and 80's now dances around the stage like Charlie Chaplin on LSD.
          I think he just tries to hard to be cool instead of just "being". Maybe he should hit the bong a couple of times backstage.
          sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Originally posted by WARF View Post
            Und morgen die ganze Welt! Und morgen die ganze Welt! Und morgen die ganze Welt!

You have to admit. That is some great goosestepping.

Comment

• I have nothing against Wolfgang but the only way Van Halen is getting any more money from me is to get Michael Anthony back and do a proper reunion. Also Roth needs to rethink his vocal concept and use what voice he has left in a tasteful manner. His over singing is simply ridiculous and bad sounding.
              Imo they need to put the original lineup together, rehearse their asses off and do one final tour for the fans. Then release the Oakland 1981 concert on DVD so we have a real document of how great they once were once and for all. Only then can we get closure because at this point VH has lost its relevance and are doing little more than tarnishing their legacy
              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Originally posted by lesfunk View Post
                Roth needs to rethink his vocal concept and use what voice he has left in a tasteful manner.
                Hmmm...

I dunno dude, I think he sounds much better here than last tour...

His screams sound pretty good considering he's 60 and he's toned down the cringe yelps...

Add Mikey and I'll be first in line...

Comment

• Originally posted by private parts View Post
                  Dave did sound pretty decent but it still kills me that the "ROCK-GOD" of the 70's and 80's now dances around the stage like Charlie Chaplin on LSD.
                  I stayed up to watch.
                  I thought Ed looked great - health wise. Seemed happy to be doing what he does.
                  Wolfgang - Gotta agree with whoever said he looked like the guy from Los Lobos
                  (tho' I was thinking Blues Traveller.) Don't wanna rag on him but c'mon, he should know
                  better than anyone the importance of taking care of your health.
                  Al - is Al. Kinda like a VH version of Charlie Watts. Shows up, does his job, dependable.
                  DLR - much as I love the ol' Diamond Dave, he should probably adjust his act for 2015.
                  Retire the kicks. The jumping off the riser days are well documented so no need to try'n
                  keep up with that kinda shit. Kicking a leg up while wearing baggy denim just ain't the same as those spandex days. And while I can overlook the gum chewing, fer christ's sake knock off the pocket pool.

That said, I'll probably watch tonight also.
                  Originally posted by sadaist
                  I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Momshell View Post
                    Hey STIL...how the hell are ya?! Hoping to restart our gig nights ASAP!
                    Hey Mom! Looking forward to get my gig night fix.
                    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Dave looks great. He's in fantastic shape. All the more amazing for a "legendary" partier (which was really more image than anything).

But he sounds fucking awful. He can't even screech "can you hear me out there" without his voice being strained.

He can't sing anymore. Period. It's not a slam. Just fact. He destroyed his voice over the years.

I've always said something happened to his voice between ALAE and YFLM. It has NEVER returned.

Don't tell me he "sang better than ever in 2007-2008"..He simply did not. Not even close.

He's done. He had a phenomenal career. I hope he keeps up there having fun. Just don't tell me he sounds even passable.

His voice is beyond horrible now. He literally sounds like he was plucked out of the audience and never sang a note before in his life.

But he had his run. An awesome life and career. No shame in that.

Comment

• Well, they seemed to be having more fun up there than they were on the last tour. That can only be a good thing.

Yeah, it wasn't note perfect. It never will be, and it never was.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
                          Dave looks great. He's in fantastic shape. All the more amazing for a "legendary" partier (which was really more image than anything).

But he sounds fucking awful. He can't even screech "can you hear me out there" without his voice being strained.

He can't sing anymore. Period. It's not a slam. Just fact. He destroyed his voice over the years.

I've always said something happened to his voice between ALAE and YFLM. It has NEVER returned.

Don't tell me he "sang better than ever in 2007-2008"..He simply did not. Not even close.

He's done. He had a phenomenal career. I hope he keeps up there having fun. Just don't tell me he sounds even passable.

His voice is beyond horrible now. He literally sounds like he was plucked out of the audience and never sang a note before in his life.

But he had his run. An awesome life and career. No shame in that.
                          If you think he sounded bad 2007-2008, then he sounded bad his entire fucking career.
                          How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Originally posted by fraroc View Post
                            If you think he sounded bad 2007-2008, then he sounded bad his entire fucking career.
                            Yeah I don't get that one. revisionist history I guess. Dave killed it overall that tour.

Comment

• Dave sounded phenomenal during his VH years. It's you apologists for Dave post 1991 to say "he always sounded bad"......Unless you're deaf....you're a fucking idiot (although you're possibly both, to be fair).

Dave in his prime was far and away the best vocalist (live or studio) of all time. Ever. Listen to any old boot. Including the US Festival. He nailed the screams effortlessly.

I'm sick and tired of the "Dave could never sing live" horseshit from you apologists / delusionists trying to make excuses for Dave now.

Dave was an amazing vocalist (live and studio). And could be again. I've been flamed over the years for saying Dave is copping out for half-assed efforts and relying on his "I forgot the words bullshit" as a crutch. An excuse to not even try anymore. If he would take the vocals seriously....accept limitations from age, etc....he would still kick ass.

As much as I despise Sammy (and I do). He at least sounds almost identical to the recordings (even if you hate the recordings). Don't tell me he does not. That will be a flat out lie. If Dave would try, he would sound close to the recordings. too. He could probably still nail songs like "Fools".

But I think his own massive ego prevents him from accepting those limitations, and then living in the past and using the fan-acceptance "Dave could never sing live" horseshit as his validation.

He can still be the showman and sing the songs in key (even if a lower register), and not be such a fucking cop-out pussy for his lack of effort.

So, in summary, go fuck yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by 78/84 guy View Post
                                Yeah I don't get that one. revisionist history I guess. Dave killed it overall that tour.
                                No. He didn't. You're just a history revisionist / delusionist.

He was nowhere near what he sued to be?

Did he try? Yes he did. To his credit.

But don't tell me he sounded "better than ever". He was a weak shell of his old self.

Stop using drugs if you think differently. It will help you think and hear better.

Comment

Working...
                                X