Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

RWTD....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Some fans with their VH tattoos...

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Momshell
        So glad the dancer was a plant...thinking it was for real made me too jealous
        Just my instinct. I grew up outside of "Fakeywood". If you can tell me different...as in.... that was spontaneous...then I got a bridge I can sell you. Cheap.

Just growing up there I was on television 7 times on major talk shows. And I only dance when the spirit moves me. Two Clues: She starts immediately when Dave does...and she knows EXACTLY how to get off stage...where the steps are ect....they could have couched her to go..."Wow!...Which way should I get down? Can I steal a kiss from Dave?" Lol see through these days...Dave is not perfect...but much better than funkin stinkin lip synching....hope Dave never does that live...wait...well anyway...they hit this one into far left field. Will have to wait for the dailies.

Honestly. I think they had a band meeting and told Dave to cool it. No more Jazz hands....ect...and since they said they made a commitment to each other in 2007 to be a fucking BAND again...I think Dave took their advice to just be Dave...and stop trying to top fat tubby lard.

So Dave has male pattern baldness. That is all Tubby Lard harps on. So let's see...if Tubby Lard had lost his hair and had a big belly...like he does...it shows us too things: Dave has no tubby lard big belly. And like many Men and Grandpas and Fathers that we love....Nature takes it's share. Tubby Lard with no Hair shows us what Dave puts in a lyric: Zero Discipline.

Let the Tubby Lards shut their mouth. Let the Rockers Rock.

Btw as I have not clued it yet...is that necklace Dave is wearing a Sharktooth Yin and Yang thing...(sorry I live in Hawaii and just got my niece a new board) or something else...I am sure someone will clue me? Japanese I expect.

And Dave hitting himself in the face as they spliced the two performances together...and tells Eddie (in my opinion) "We will get through this"...shows me why being hurt/sick Ala Michael Jordan in this 86 or(89) game makes the adrenaline pump you into better performance...so I give the "Glitter Stick" 5th credits in calming Dave down. Lol Maybe Eddie should kick Dave in the cup each night before the go on stage just to make sure Dave gives his best...

Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-31-2015, 07:01 AM. Reason: She was a plant.(----Period. So much Glitter in his eyes. I Think Glitter is the 5th member of Dave's Van Halen.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

That was pretty good!

Comment

• atomicpnk47
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2007

I'm happy the dance floor is gone and that Dave isn't dressed like Liberace and after fast forwarding through 50 mins of BS to get to the main event I thought Dave pulled it off quite well. The rest of the band brought it and who was the fat bastard playing the bass geetar?

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by atomicpnk47
              and who was the fat bastard playing the bass geetar?
              I thought it was the guy from Los Lobos.
              WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• fraroc
                  Commando
                  • Jun 2012

Van Halen sounded absolutley killer. I thought they sounded good last tour, Dave's vocal problems and all, but this little performance put that to fuckin' shame man! Dave is in absolutely amazing shape and when he did that high kick in the beginning of Panama, I was like "NO FUCKIN WAY HE'S 59 AND STILL DOING KICKS!" Eddie, looks like he's lost some weight, seeing as he put on a few extra pounds on the ADKOT tour. Wolfie looked like he was having a ton of fun and Alex? Still the same old kick-ass drummer we all know and love.

But then I looked at the comments section and I was reminded that it's not worth trying to argue with these "fans" anymore because they will never be satisfied.
                  How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

I watched the live stream but I never saw this on Kimmel. Surely they didn't air it at the beginning, right?
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by fraroc
                      Wolfie looked like he was having a ton of fun
                      Ironically, "ton of fun" is also his new Instagram handle.
                      Originally posted by perilouspete
                      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• perrin29
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2012

In my opinion I thought they sounded and looked great not to mention happy. And of course all the keyboard cowboys/girls come out to shit on them. I saw Motley Crue on there last year when they announced the final run and Vince could barely sing let alone move. And for cracking his nose up Dave recovered and delivered. I'd rather any day to see Dave fronting these guys and giving what he does than listening to Right Now and Dreams with Sammy doing jumping jacks, wearing his pajamas and his advertisement t-shirts.
                        Last edited by perrin29; 03-31-2015, 08:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

So far I haven't had the chance to really sit down and watch these performances. I've seen some snippets of the YouTube stuff up above, but not all of it because I'm at work and can't really sit and watch TV for awhile.

But from what I have seen it doesn't appear to be earth-shatteringly good or bad. It feels pretty much like what I've come to expect from Van Halen....which is solid to occasionally brilliant musicianship from the three twins, and an uneven vocal performance from Dave. Sometimes he sounds good, other times not so much. It was interesting to hear him try to bring back some of the "original" scream sound instead of the constant yelping.

One thing is for certain.....any vocal anomalies can't be blamed on the "blowers" this time out, unless Dave wants to scream at Mother Nature.

I'm looking forward to sitting down and really watching and listening closely. I still love this band, they're still at the top of my list....and I still worship Eddie. Alex is, as always, a thundering rock back there. Wolfie plays well...but it's unfortunate about his weight. It looks like he got all of Val's genetics in that department. The dude's in his 20's.....we're way past the point of waiting for him to lose the "baby fat."

I guess I'm just not enthralled with this particular effort with the live album and "supporting tour."
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            I watched the live stream but I never saw this on Kimmel. Surely they didn't air it at the beginning, right?
                            No...it started somewhere toward the middle of the show. I watched a few seconds on my DVR this morning before I went to work.

During the show open they used a 2007 promo picture of the band, where Ed was still coming out of his meth darkness. Can't believe they couldn't have found a better pic than that.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

That's not baby fat...

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

First thoughts are that these guys were enjoying themselves.
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...